Bm73 (Release 3)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

IF Purno wants to redo his graphics, I will make a new version of the grf.
Sugguestions of things to add Please :P

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

fire87 wrote:The train needs a little bit shading
I will take a look at it, but that red color is difficult, since the ttd palette only has few dark red colors. And the red and the blue trains need to have the same color grey of course ;)
DaleStan wrote:If you can tell me what's wrong, and I don't have too much other stuff eating up my time, I'll likely take a look at it, and see what I can do.
Ok great :D thx
fire87 wrote:I was thinking of a reshape ala your X2000
You know how difficult that shape of the BM73 was??? :P
And it completely looks different than the X2000
Kruz wrote:Make it rounder it looks very square now
Yeah that's what I tried when making it :P
(btw, fire87, the X2000 isn't any rounder than the BM73, is it? ;) )
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

The X2000 isn't on any way rounder than BM73 no..
But I still think it needs shading, and it is like Kruz said a little square now, it is rounder than you get the impression of at the picture :)
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

fire87 wrote:it is rounder than you get the impression of at the picture :)
Ok, I don't understand something..... what is rounder? the real train or the sprite?

(sorry, stupid me :P)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

The sprite :)
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Right, Release 3 is out.

This version is completely new code. (I re-wwrote the code)

It no longer has the bugged first parameter, which has been replaced by what liveries you want.
It uses less active sprites, and is a smaller file size.
Also, it has no real set support.

The Graphics have NOT been changed.

Source code can be found at my website.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lakie wrote:The Graphics have NOT been changed.
Hehe, they will be someday...
Image Image
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

And the train will be in the NTS someday too.. :P
Currently working on:

Norwegian (NSB) Trainset
Topic | Website

Return to “Graphics Development”