New South Wales Rail Set[Testers Needed!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you support the changing of the set to NSWGR? See Post.

Yes
68%
No
9%
Uncertain
23%

Total votes: 94

BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

The Ausset is for use with the Temperate climate, not the tropical climate, as Australia(New South Wales) is more temperate then tropical.
sootynz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sootynz »

"as Australia(New South Wales) is more temperate then tropical."
Actually, Whitehand, Australia is so vast it stretches from temperate in Tasmania through to tropical in Queeensland. The native forests in Queensland are tropical rain forests, and the interior of NSW is very hot and very dry.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

sootynz wrote:"as Australia(New South Wales) is more temperate then tropical."
Actually, Whitehand, Australia is so vast it stretches from temperate in Tasmania through to tropical in Queeensland. The native forests in Queensland are tropical rain forests, and the interior of NSW is very hot and very dry.
A while back, Whitehand chose to focus the set on Temperate only (currently, as it's far easier to code a set for one climate, than three), and for NSW only. NSW DOES have desert, but no tropical trees, hence why it is currently temperate based ;)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Raichase wrote:
sootynz wrote:"as Australia(New South Wales) is more temperate then tropical."
A while back, Whitehand chose to focus the set on Temperate only (currently, as it's far easier to code a set for one climate, than three), and for NSW only. NSW DOES have desert, but no tropical trees, hence why it is currently temperate based ;)
and the desert is kinda like Europes ice. ie it comes and goes sometimes really badly. It usually comes and goes every 7 years I think it is.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

sootynz wrote: temperate in Tasmania through to tropical in Queeensland.
Does "New South Wales Rail Set" mean anything to you?
sootynz wrote:and the interior of NSW is very hot and very dry.
And where are the vast majority of the rail lines in NSW? Enough said. I live in Australia, don't treat me as though I don't.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

WhiteHand wrote:
sootynz wrote: temperate in Tasmania through to tropical in Queeensland.
Does "New South Wales Rail Set" mean anything to you?
Uncalled for. Play nice, or don't post.
sootynz wrote:and the interior of NSW is very hot and very dry.
And where are the vast majority of the rail lines in NSW? Enough said. I live in Australia, don't treat me as though I don't.
And don't treat members who have missed a page or two like they are idiots. You'll apologise.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

WhiteHand wrote:And where are the vast majority of the rail lines in NSW? Enough said. I live in Australia, don't treat me as though I don't.
Not everybody knows you live in Australia WhiteHand, perhaps you should stick Australia in the location section in your Profile...
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

it used to be there
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
sootynz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sootynz »

Dont come the raw prawn, Whitehand..

The readme of the set starts "The ausset is a train set of australian train designed for ...". If you dont want to code it to work in other than the Temp set, be up front and say so - you're one of the developers, so its your call.

On the other hand if you did, would a quick, (temporary) method of enabling it for Tropic be to duplicate it, adding any missing wagons - for maize, pleeeease? You could name it Ausset2020 or some such, cos with climate change Oz is going to get hotter and drier (WA already has done over the last 50 years).

PS Is there anyway of having Australian town-names as an option when generating a new game. "Little Batson" doesnt really go with the set, unlike Dubbo or Kingoony.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I believe their is a GRF that enables you to have Aus. Town Names. The Pinapple Set, i think.
Posted by Pookey...

Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

there are two pineaple and a seperate grf with just the pineaple names.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

sootynz wrote:On the other hand if you did, would a quick, (temporary) method of enabling it for Tropic be to duplicate it, adding any missing wagons - for maize, pleeeease? You could name it Ausset2020 or some such, cos with climate change Oz is going to get hotter and drier (WA already has done over the last 50 years).
Well, the problem with that is that(how very short-sighted of me) I don't have the ausset in its released form any more. Unless you could do with waiting 4 or so months for the next release...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

sootynz wrote:Dont come the raw prawn, Whitehand..
That made me smile :)).
On the other hand if you did, would a quick, (temporary) method of enabling it for Tropic be to duplicate it, adding any missing wagons - for maize, pleeeease?
Actually, maize wouldn't be hard at all. Just add in a value for all grain carrying wagons to carry maize too - graphics are the same, anyway.
You could name it Ausset2020 or some such, cos with climate change Oz is going to get hotter and drier

My problem for that, is the tropical parts of the map. Also, the map making tool is notoriously lazy for putting desert down - it's really useless.
PS Is there anyway of having Australian town-names as an option when generating a new game. "Little Batson" doesnt really go with the set, unlike Dubbo or Kingoony.
I'd suggest trying Pikkas Pineapple names grf, which is a selection of QLD town names, that work well in an Australian Game. Get them here: http://pikkabird.livejournal.com/703.html#cutid1

Or, you could code a town name GRF - it's one of the easier things to code, check the ttdpatch wiki :)).
ImageImage
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Out of curiosity, should the topic have the "Testers Needed!" bit removed? I think its been up there for many months now.
Posted by Pookey...

BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

testers have been needed for many months.
sootynz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sootynz »

Raichase:" That made me smile"

I'm pleased I've made at least one person smile. Let's bring some humour back to this thread.

The Ausset is an excellent set, WhiteHand and the other artists/devs. You are to be congratulated.

Thats probably why dev|ant wanted to download the latest version, and certainly why I want to use it to conquer Africa ...... if only there was a maize rail wagon.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

WhiteHand wrote:testers have been needed for many months.
I'm open for testing any new versions, but it's been a while.
ImageImage
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

I actually have no up to date TTDP version installed, but if this set is going to support OTTD too, I'm open to test it in OTTD.
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Raichase wrote:
I'm open for testing any new versions, but it's been a while.
Well that's why i wondered why it was still up. I assumed that testers must have been found. :(
Posted by Pookey...

ajy170
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: New South Wales Rail Set[Testers Needed!]

Post by ajy170 »

If you still need testers i can help you out.

Return to “Graphics Development”