Tram stations!! (& others)

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

jomateix
Engineer
Engineer

Tram stations!! (& others)

Post by jomateix »

Er... How I remove Tram stations without destroying the tram track and the road track? (causing some trams to explode when reaching the mess) Specially WHEN THE LOCAL AUTHORITY SAYS "NO TO DESTROYING IT".

How is possible that I can't destroy a road bridge that I BUILT AND that has NO house using it AND there's alternative AND fast AND near route to it???? NO AI USES FOR CROSSING IT.

How is possible that I CAN'T CHANGE TERRAIN IF ONE OF ***MY*** SHIPS IS USING THE WATER FOR A TRANSPORT LINE???

WHY TEH SHIPS START TO DANCE AN INFINITE LOOP WHEN THE OTHER SEAPORT IS JUST 20 SUQRES IN RIGHT LINE???

Also, HOW IS STUPIDILY POSSIBLE that for connect an Oil Rig the AI builds a TRAIN or ROAD over the sea (???!!! Also, the sea isn't deep at all!) . What is the purpose of ships? Do touristic travels for petrol?

Why the industries now need this huge amount of terrain to be in? I loved 1/2/3 squares industries, now everything seems oversized!

Nobody seems care that over his house there are 5 bridges with oli going to a refinery ????? Is possible THAT?

I HATE THIS STUPID BRIDGES EVERYWHERE! What about well constructed lines? Multifunction lines? ANYBODY RECENTLY HAS SEEN A BRIDGE THAT CONNECTS DIRECTLY DUBLIN WITH LONDON?? How is possible that is SO cheap to build bridges?!!!

Whe the build track tools doesn't have a "adapt to terrain" AVOIDING CHANGE THE ANGLE EACH **$*·*%·% TERRAIN CHANGE????

WHY THE TRANSPORT TO A STATION, THEN USING ANOTHER TRANSPOORT TO ANOTHER STATION AND THEN ANOTHER STATION (truck -> ship -> truck for example) makes that ONLY THE LAST COUNTS, so petrol from dublin to blackpool refinery by truck from blackpool seaport only gives the transport from blackpool seaport to the refinery that is just a bit in the interior ?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT???

Now the TT stupidity should be called LOCODUMB 3D!! STUPID BRIDGES GO TO 3RD DIMENSION!! IS POSSIBLE TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH MORE THAN 0 AI PLAYERS AND DON'T GET ANNOYED???

WHY WHEN CHANGING THE STATION NAME (trying to delete it, see rant #1) AND SETTING IT TO *NOTHING* GAME CRASHES????

AAAGGHH!!!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hmm, I see a very stressed out player here
A few tips
Er... How I remove Tram stations without destroying the tram track and the road track?
Possibly by stopping, removing any trams, then choosing the tramstation building tool and hovering over the station and waiting till the right click suggests removing the station ???
Haven't tried this yet, but everything seems to be able to be removed by right clicks
WHY TEH SHIPS START TO DANCE AN INFINITE LOOP WHEN THE OTHER SEAPORT IS JUST 20 SUQRES IN RIGHT LINE???
I have posted a topic about this, you have to move one dock further into sea, docks can't be on the same line
WHY WHEN CHANGING THE STATION NAME (trying to delete it, see rant #1) AND SETTING IT TO *NOTHING* GAME CRASHES????
A reported bug also, which doesn't mean it will get fixed
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
jomateix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jomateix »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Possibly by stopping, removing any trams, then choosing the tramstation building tool and hovering over the station and waiting till the right click suggests removing the station ???
Haven't tried this yet, but everything seems to be able to be removed by right clicks
Nope, it doesn't!

And yes, VERY STRESSED! How is possible this amount of bugs?!?!?!?
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

jomateix, you are saying the things the little man inside my head has been screaming ever since I started playing.

'Hello, LOCAL COUNCIL, I will built a MUCH NICER bridge than that rubbish wooden one!' Why did they even include wooden bridges, given how they were reviled by all sides in TTD?
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
cmd_srui
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

stresses

Post by cmd_srui »

I am as stressed as he is. I am not able to get to play LoMo right... I still prefer TTDX+patch really. ht time I have spent in the two games is about 20/1 in favour of TTDX.
i just do not adapt to laying track... its so dificult... and stupid... and erasing roads... its also stupid... and.... well... the list goes on!!!!!
Live long and Prosper
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

jomateix wrote:
spaceman-spiff wrote:Possibly by stopping, removing any trams, then choosing the tramstation building tool and hovering over the station and waiting till the right click suggests removing the station ???
Nope, it doesn't!

And yes, VERY STRESSED! How is possible this amount of bugs?!?!?!?
Actually, the good spaceman is correct - in construction mode, everything can be removed by right clicks (save items currently in use). The problem arises from having to pixel-hunt your way to the correct section that will allow you to remove it.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

All removals could have been so easy, just click the bulldozer and remove whatever is on it, who gives a damn if a train is coming
It's up to you to stop it
Chris made this so annoyingly difficult
Removing signals is probably even more frustrating
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Mystic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mystic »

spaceman-spiff wrote:All removals could have been so easy, just click the bulldozer and remove whatever is on it, who gives a damn if a train is coming
It's up to you to stop it
Chris made this so annoyingly difficult
Removing signals is probably even more frustrating
I've experienced this enough. Even when it seems that the train has loads of space to stop, when I remove a signal and place it one square over so that a waiting train will fit between two signals, the train approaches the signal that I placed about 30 seconds ago, and races right past it through the middle of a heavy intersection and naturally crashes into an oncoming train.

I was certain that the train was about 15 squares away, and had plenty of time to stop, but instead it passed on red, and crashed as a result. What should have happened, as in real-life would be if a signal were to go down (or disappear as in the game), on modern routes atleast, a warning sign would appear in the cabin and the driver would apply emergency brakes until the signal was corrected.

And speaking of emergency brakes, I think that they should be able to stop faster if you were to remove a piece of track a few blocks away, rather than start slowing down normally until you fly off the missing piece of track. But that's another issue.
Archange1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Archange1 »

yeah, the not-instantly-stopping element requires a little more pre-forward thinking..
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

What about the delayed reaction time when you're creeping a train forward or realize it's about to crash? You panic, hit the flag to make it stop and it still goes a few mph FASTER before starting to slow down. AAARGH! I think the driver likes swearing and so just drives his expensive express train into my huge iron ore train so he can hear the string of curses I'll bellow.

Oh, and airports are a nightmare to replace, you need to order EVERYTHING that uses the airport to stay stopped somewhere else while you delete it... even a plane on the other side of the map headed for the airport will prevent you removing a building a bigger one. :x
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
scrivener
Engineer
Engineer

Post by scrivener »

To quote Mr Sawyer's mildly conceited introduction: "I do all the design, programming, project management and research myself." No testing then! :evil:

My guess is that playtesting was left to Atari, who rushed it out the door to make way for RCT3, which is obviously a project with a considerably higher budget. Of course, Loco had to be released first, as it's basically RCT2, and who in their right mind would buy that again? :?
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

scrivener wrote:Loco had to be released first, as it's basically RCT2, and who in their right mind would buy that again? :?
We all did lol.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”