SerbianRailSet(ECS,PBI,FIRS&TouristSet compatible)&scenario

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: SerbianRailSet(ECS,PBI,FIRS&TouristSet compatible)&scenario

Post by railman »

No, no I ask if I can download the newGRF online from the openttd. Now I can, but if you add the electric Skoda (or another train, or new upgrades, ect), can I download it online from the game?

Sorry my english in not very well and I do faults...
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

No problem, I got what you mean. :)

You could download new version from Bananas only if new version is uploaded to Bananas, otherwise you can download only current Bananas version.

I always upload latest version to first post in this topic, in case that somebody still plays with TTD Patch. But, of course, it couldn't be downloaded via OpenTTD downloader, it could be installed only manually.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:No problem, I got what you mean. :)

You could download new version from Bananas only if new version is uploaded to Bananas, otherwise you can download only current Bananas version.

I always upload latest version to first post in this topic, in case that somebody still plays with TTD Patch. But, of course, it couldn't be downloaded via OpenTTD downloader, it could be installed only manually.
Ok, now I understand: If SerbianRailSet uploaded in bananas after that can be downloaded from in-game content downloader too. 8)
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Absolutely. That's reason why I'm not ready to do anything yet.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Coyote, sure you realize I like too much the SerbianRailSet :D, so I want to help you with the SerbianRailSet :D For example: if you don't disagree I try to do alternative liveries as refit (or as random liveries if is that correct historically) for the locos 441, 661, 644, 667. But based 100% in your locos, I RESPECT your job :bow: so I want to do only a new paint to the locos, NOTHING more. A light blue livery of TENT for 441 and for 661 light blue with white/dark blue stripes. And I found a much darker blue with yellow stripes livery 661 too at angelfire.com (a 661 numbered as 661-162. An alternative one dark green livery with yellow stripes for 644, similar to the blue livery made by you. That's because I found some darkgreen livery 644's photos on flickr.com and on railfaneurope.net so its a good idea. And a repaint of 667 because now I believe the livery based most in soviet livery. All 100% based on your locos no other changes only new paint and i continue ONLY IF YOU AGREE.

Here I do a light blue livery for TENT 441:
441Blue.png
441Blue.png (1.97 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
Do you like it ?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Not bad :) hope you haven't used water cycle colours ;)

Probably TENT liveries should be added randomly (ther was option to manually change locomotive liveries, I'm not sure is it implemented). Other option is to have two separate types for 441 locomotive, and allow attaching only hoppers to TENT livery.

Of course, nothing without a coder (I sent PM to mart3p, I hope he'll answer soon). I'll see to draw 443 loco in next few days.

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Not bad :) hope you haven't used water cycle colours ;)

I use this colors:
palex.PNG
palex.PNG (1.25 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Is that colors ok ?
Wile E. Coyote wrote:robably TENT liveries should be added randomly (ther was option to manually change locomotive liveries, I'm not sure is it implemented). Other option is to have two separate types for 441 locomotive, and allow attaching only hoppers to TENT livery.

Nice idea, maybe TENT-441 is better to be a different loco because is little different from the ¨express¨441 (subtype 441-6 made in 1967/1975 & subtype 441-7 made in 1981). TENT 441 loco i think is the sub-type 441-8(made in 1967), slower max speed (120km/h) but with a bigger tractive effort. Take a look in your data to check that, because i find all of this data from internet.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

The TENT 661:
661Blue.png
661Blue.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Do you like it?

based in this:
TENT_661-2_Obrenovac_18_05_2009.jpg
TENT_661-2_Obrenovac_18_05_2009.jpg (66.94 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

This is right palette, but some blue colours are company colours, and some are water colours. Hope you haven't use them. There is palette with all colours explained.

That 661 looks very good! :)

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:This is right palette, but some blue colours are company colours, and some are water colours. Hope you haven't use them. There is palette with all colours explained.
Do this pallet have unwanted colors? I use colors from this pallet only. How can i know if I use correct colors or not? :?
Wile E. Coyote wrote:That 661 looks very good! :)
Thanks! 8) At this days I'll do the green alternative livery for 644 spanka and for 667 too (take a look at the running costs of 644, they are very low in compared with other classes). I have a couple of photos from theses. Do you know if green 644 spanka it was in circulation at the same period with blue ? Or it was a newer or an older livery?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

railman wrote:Do this pallet have unwanted colors? I use colors from this pallet only. How can i know if I use correct colors or not? :?
Here are the charts from the NewGRF Specifications. 8)
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

railman wrote:take a look at the running costs of 644, they are very low in compared with other classes).
Probably that was intentional, I forgot why is that set in that way, it was long time ago...
railman wrote:Do you know if green 644 spanka it was in circulation at the same period with blue ? Or it was a newer or an older livery?
Hm, not sure. It was in use for a very short period, probably all liveries were at the same moment.

I'm not sure about other 667 livery, it was rare here, maybe it was original painting and it was second-handed.
wallyweb wrote:
railman wrote:Do this pallet have unwanted colors? I use colors from this pallet only. How can i know if I use correct colors or not? :?
Yes, that was exactly what I meant. :D

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:I'm not sure about other 667 livery, it was rare here, maybe it was original painting and it was second-handed.
I search yesterday for lot of hours for a serbian or yugoslavian 667 (TEM2) photo and the only 667 photo is a couple of photos of Macedonian Railways locomotive, but is the same locomotive. :) This one:
667-001 MZ Skopje 08.05.13 by W&H Brutzer_small.jpg
667-001 MZ Skopje 08.05.13 by W&H Brutzer_small.jpg (102.56 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
The other one is the same but a frontal photo.
wallyweb wrote:
Wile E. Coyote wrote:Yes, that was exactly what I meant. :D
I am not sure if i use the correct colors. So i need to repaint the locos again :evil: So the correct NOT company colors are the colors of the DOS palette and are only this? :
Dospal.F.png
Dospal.F.png (6.2 KiB) Viewed 2572 times
Attachments
667-001 MZ Skopje 08.05.13 by W&H Brutzer_small.jpg
667-001 MZ Skopje 08.05.13 by W&H Brutzer_small.jpg (215.98 KiB) Viewed 586 times
Last edited by railman on 16 Apr 2016 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

I renovate your 667 with the ex-yugoslavian livery, Do you like it? :
667M.png
667M.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
It's naturally based in your style 667, with some very minor details by me and colors from a Lithuanian set locomotive, because I am not sure about the pallet's colors.
Based in previous photo, and at these photos liveries:
die-667-002-wurde-als-824902.jpg
die-667-002-wurde-als-824902.jpg (223.59 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
JZ 667-002 ZTO Skopje.jpg
JZ 667-002 ZTO Skopje.jpg (99.52 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
PS: Sorry man I can't do the diagonals views, I destroy my eyes with this detailed work :? Try if you can do it.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

railman wrote:I am not sure if i use the correct colors. So i need to repaint the locos again :evil: So the correct NOT company colors are the colors of the DOS palette and are only this?
Try this:
File_Dospal.png
File_Dospal.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

You should use WIN palette instead of DOS palette, because whole set is drawn with WIN palette. Probably it shouldn't be a problem, but DOS palette has one more regular colour IIRC.

I know it's painful job to draw, but painting 4 wiews only is nearly same as nothing. Try to concentrate on one locomotive and finish it, nobody pushes you to hurry. :)

Anyway, this could be your start:
Attachments
sprites.png
sprites.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 2447 times

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:You should use WIN palette instead of DOS palette, because whole set is drawn with WIN palette.
All of these colours of this pallet ? Or except some of them?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Don't use colours marked with yellow explanation, except, of course, transparent colour. Second company colour is also acceptable, because set has no that option, and it's displayed as usual green.

railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Thanx for the tips about the pallet. :)

You forgot to add vents at the 661's sides. Can I have your permission to add them ?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Of course, add any detail you think is missing. :)

Return to “Graphics Development”