Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Purno »

Please guys, stop speculating about a release date. It's done when it's done. I promise you that you can't miss it when the set has been released: We will clearly announce that at that time. For now, let's all just patiently (and silently) wait for that day, like you succesfully did the past 5 years.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Nimugp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nimugp »

lol, was the silent, patient waiting really so succesfull...... since this topic has more then 200 pages allready :shock:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Those 200 pages also contain lots of useful posts, with either suggestions, ideas, screenshots, sprites, infosheets, coordination, etc.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Nimugp wrote:lol, was the silent, patient waiting really so succesfull...... since this topic has more then 200 pages allready :shock:
Asking the questioning is answering it I guess.
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Niek »

Hyronymus wrote: One mor reply like that and you can all forget about the set altogether :evil: .
I don´t know how serious that is, but you keep saying such things. Are you making the set for yourself or for the community..?
And can you really blame people for such comments? Already end of April it was said that the set was done 99% and that a release might follow soon. However, there always remained that 1%, of which no one really told what it was and how long it would need. Most of the questions thereafter about how it´s going were answered in the way you just answered, with threats of no release or waiting extra long, as some kind of punishment. Strange attitude..
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Have you ever developed something for a community, in your spare time when real life sometimes sucks and you are depending on the input/output of other people? If you ever have you should know how difficult, tedious and even annoying it can be. What definetly does NOT make development more fun is people who stand on the side line and tell you how the development sucks, that they have to wait too long or that they expected something else.

It's not that I cannot stand criticism but I refuse to accept unconstructive criticism. I always have had problems with that and I always will have problems with it.
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

Purno wrote:Agreed, and we're definately work out the bugs before the release, even if it takes years!
- that was posted on page 179 (29 march), or thereabouts. I have been reading this thread for a long time, and the patient waiting was very successful for pages until there, and the last 20 have been filled mostly with questions like 'when will it be there', 'I only see 4 trains' etc.

The problem (I think, no criticism, I fully support all of you freelance, non-paid coders) is that progress was very clear in the past: you could see more and more vehicles been drawn, later coded, then aligned, and then the bugsquatting began. This is invisible for us (observers).

I am not an insider, but I think we all can wait patiently (a bit) longer.

Please don't disturb 'our' precious coders by bumping this thread all the time (including myself, I told myself some time not to post anymore before the release date ;))

[this post was written before the 'previous' two replies]
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Niek »

Hyronymus wrote: It's not that I cannot stand criticism but I refuse to accept unconstructive criticism. I always have had problems with that and I always will have problems with it.
I was not talking about criticism, I understand none of us is in a position to demand anything or tell you how things should be done. I just don´t understand the threats we get when asking for a progress update. I don´t see what´s so annoying about that, it just shows people are still interested.

Like Deblaauwn also just said, the progress was clear some time ago, and now people are probably just wondering why the last things aren´t finished yet, not knowing what those things are. Some clarity might prevent a lot of questions from the waiting fans and frustration/annoyances from the development team.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's the amount of those questions which is annoying.

We all got busy lifes, the older you get, the less spare time you get. Development is rather unobvious since we don't want to post screenshot like "Look, we moved the 2nd car of the ICM orange livery in / view 1 pixel up so it's nicely alligned now".
Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Niek wrote:I was not talking about criticism, I understand none of us is in a position to demand anything or tell you how things should be done. I just don´t understand the threats we get when asking for a progress update. I don´t see what´s so annoying about that, it just shows people are still interested.
it's annoying when every 4th post is a question about the release date or progress update. see that, more than 200 pages? and 25% of it is people like you seeing no harm in asking when it'll be done. whilst we get pretty f*** tired of it. aside from that, had you read BlueEagle's update after our RC1/1.0 release discussion, you'd know it wouldn't be before 10/11th of october.

Hyronymus has been in this project from the very beginning, he's had the most trouble with the update fetishists like you. and i quite frankly can't disagree with him on any level. we're doing this project in our own free time, is it that much asked in return to not ask when we're done every 8 seconds? imagine yourself working on a project, with a bunch of people standing behind you asking at every goddamn move you make - things like "what're you doing?", "will that finish it?" and "when're you done?" - which you can't block out, and worse, can't answer? do you think we *like* not being able to give you a specific date?

please, do some thinking of your own before posting.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

If we knew a date, the set would've been ready for release. Really, we can only know the release date when the set is finished.

Btw, good posting Lobster.
Image Image
Niek
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Niek »

lobster wrote:the update fetishists like you.
I´ve asked once, does that make me a fetishist already?

As for that 10th/11th October release, that´s happened before. End of April it was said to be released early May. You´re telling me I should count on that release date while others say there´s no date yet. I guess I won´t dare ask after the 11th.

Anyway, figure it out, I´ll check back in a year and keep my fingers crossed.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Niek wrote:As for that 10th/11th October release, that´s happened before. End of April it was said to be released early May. You´re telling me I should count on that release date while others say there´s no date yet. I guess I won´t dare ask after the 11th.
actually, i said it - and i quote - "wouldn't be before the 10/11th of october". so, no actual release date from my side. but just wait, it'll be done when it's done. we want this to be out as much as you all do.

in the meantime... yeah, LAN party, BlueEagle? sounds good. ;)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

October 10th / 11th is a nonsense date, based upon nothing. This has nothing to do with any sort of release date!
Image Image
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Btw. If really need some dutch trains (in different colorschemes) to play with in your scenarios. Then you can consider the 2cc-set as a nice alternative.
Last edited by trainboy2004 on 02 Oct 2008 09:51, edited 3 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I don't know how I am supposed to feel about you advertising for another set in our topic...
Image Image
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

to be fair, purno, with your sig, you're doing the same.
trainboy2004
Director
Director

Post by trainboy2004 »

Purno wrote:I don't know how I am supposed to feel about you advertising for another set in our topic...
I know, I know, but hopefully the peace and happiness will return here.

*removed banner
Last edited by trainboy2004 on 02 Oct 2008 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lilman424 wrote:to be fair, purno, with your sig, you're doing the same.
True, but IMO there's a difference in a signature which is added to every post everywhere, and making a specific post with the goal to advertise.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

You may advertise for whatever you want (as long as it isn't provoking in any way) in your sig, but in your posts you should stick to the topic. IMO, I'd remove the Ad-post, as well as all 'When is the release?'-posts if I'd be a modder here...

Return to “Graphics Development”