BR Set 0.3 - somewhere between 0%-100% done

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Fuzzy Logix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuzzy Logix »

i beat u to it, as i e-mailed him last nite, but from the bit's that i've managed to see it looks fantastic
Let there Be AI:
Let there Be Fuzzy Logix
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Well I beat you all. I got a reply, and have had a look at the images of the locos he has put into the set. He has taken the original TT locos, and made them look really good, with appropriate colour schemes and coaches. He has updated the freight wagons so as not to follow the company colour scheme (which I hated to see with a nice liveried locomotive), and has replaced the mail car altogether with a new one (based around the old one.).

I would have to say that so far, the set meets any and all expecations. He expressed a little regret that people may be dissapointed that it is just original TT vehicles re-done and updated, but I have nothing against that at all! They look great, and are on the same level as the other graphics. The fact that they are not "totally new" does not make any difference in their quality!

I love the set, and can't wait to try it out :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Did you persuade him to sign up to TT-Forums and share his work with the rest of us?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It will be a real shame if he doesn't join, there will be work at cross-purposes.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Yes, I encouraged and invited him, but he fears he has very little use of internet time and may not be able to visit as often as he needs to (to update the thread on the set, discuss with Chris etc), so he may/may not. The important thing is that he and Chris join forces for the BR set, as it would be better than in the end having 2 competing sets!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

As long as he's working with Chris, and Chris is in the forums, that's just fine - Chris can keep us posted and accept suggestions.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

I suppose I had better announce myself, then!

Hey there, I'm the other BR Set dude. I shall try to check the forum regularly, however I do have severely limited internet time.

I should also mention that I've just added the Windows version of my BRSet v0.1 to my site, so now both DOS and Windows users should be able to use it. Along with that are screenshots of all the new locos and units along with their wagon over-rides for coaching stock, although a description of the wider rolling stock range is still not done.

Check it out at http://www.blugman.freeserve.co.uk/ttd.

As for collaborating with Chris to produced a combined effort BRSet, I'd be glad to. Having had a quick shufty at his site, it seems he has plans for many DMUs, EMUs and locos from the modern era than I've included so far, and so him doing them will free me up to get on with the steam era!

Anyway, it's rapidly hurtling towards day break - a sure sign to a programmer that it's nearly time for bed! :)

Ronnie
Any TT, TTD or OTTD sprites I have ever posted to this forum or elsewhere may be used as-is or in edited form free of charge for any purpose without credit in perpetuity.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Ronstar wrote:Having had a quick shufty at his site, it seems he has plans for many DMUs, EMUs and locos from the modern era than I've included so far, and so him doing them will free me up to get on with the steam era!
That's good. I'm not to hot on steam stuff. I also need to dig up specs for some of the earlier light diesels (13-42). I suppose the shunter has its uses...

This weekend, I'll hopefully have a bit of time to work on some more concepts - e.g. player-colour sprites, "refining" sprites (so they don't look so flat), some "other" liveries, some nice new trainsets (APT! The current IC trainsets could do with a little more black at the top, however the current set scheme fits the APT perfectly).
Anyway, it's rapidly hurtling towards day break - a sure sign to a programmer that it's nearly time for bed! :)
Agreed :) Nice to hear from you. (cc'd via email :)
Bugzilla available for use - PM for details.
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

BRset

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello TTDX people

I have download this set it look neat but not all all the rails cars are in this
set but the Engines are cool to look at I have e-mailed Ronnie to ask about where are the railcars but Have not got answer yet

thank you
Czar Aleksander
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Be warned that the set starts in (I thikn) 1965 or thereabouts. All the introduction dates have been shifted by 10 years. There are apparently advantages ;)
Last edited by ChrisCF on 30 Oct 2003 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

Hello again,

I'd like to apologise to Czar Alexander (wow, never thought I'd have call to say that in my life!) and Fuzzy Logix for not replying to their e-mails - I just simply haven't got them.

There's a couple of reasons for this, both spam related. I get about 500 spams a day to my pop-account these days, so I implemented a "delete off server" scheme to any that contained certain words in the "from" or "subject" fields, eg "microsoft", "corporation", "ms", and a few of an adult nature. Trouble is, the "ms" restriction has led to my not receiving a fair number of genuine emails, so I've taken that off now.

There's also the possibility that in wading through the 100 or so emails that do still get through, I've just not spotted it. In both cases, I'm sorry.

To the Czar, I'd like to say that I'm not sure what you mean - all the original rolling stock from the game is in my set, although redecorated, along with a couple of new additons and a second set of coaching stock. The best way to see the full set in the game is to use "cht: year 2015", and view the "new vehicles" option from an electrified depot.

Ronnie
Any TT, TTD or OTTD sprites I have ever posted to this forum or elsewhere may be used as-is or in edited form free of charge for any purpose without credit in perpetuity.
Fuzzy Logix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuzzy Logix »

Ronstar, no problem as you answed it anyway to another forum member
Let there Be AI:
Let there Be Fuzzy Logix
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

If you are looking for info and photos of BR steam locos, there is some goof stuff here:

http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/

and here:

http://www.nrm.org.uk/

These are museums in England that have UK steam locos. If someone was really dedicated they could visit the museums with a camera. I've been to the Bluebell Railway although not the NRM; I can't go again right now because I live in the US.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Alternatively, there's this. :)
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Yes, Mercurio is one of the best sites around. It is where Michael gets most of the pictures he uses for the sets (ie he looks at all of their pictures and then draws from the pictures). I have gone there many a time to look at things for the realism guide...
ImageImage
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

I'm quite lucky in that my father was a big fan of British steam, and built up an exensive collection of model railway engines, so it should be fairly easy to derive graphics for the engines by simply having the engine right in front of me!

Ronnie
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Oh, cool, I would love to visit your collection....
Fuzzy Logix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuzzy Logix »

Ronnie have u got any pics of ur collection as my dad is a fan of british steam as well
Let there Be AI:
Let there Be Fuzzy Logix
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

Alas, the collection resides almost entirely in storage in the loft-space in an out-house - ironically, this meant it escaped the ravages of a house fire a couple of years back!

I don't think there are any photos, as they are all small scale (4mm to 1 foot / 1:75 ), although I may be able to get some pictures of the ones I've bug out so for the BR Set (I currently have my computer desk cluttered up with several standard class locos from a 4MT tank engine to a 9F 2-10-0 "runner"

On a different note, I'd hoped to get v0.1.1 out by today, however work on the big railway took precedence, so it should be out tomorrow night instead. I've completely revised the internal structure of the file to take up less memory, and there is now a user parameter to allow player colours.

Also, the left-handed semaphore signals have been even more "British"-ified. These can be turned off by user parameter if the signals from "signals.grf" are preferred. If I get time, there may also be an option in the parameters to switch them to lower-quadrant "Great Western" style signals if needed.

Finally, the first of the steam locos will be included - the Riddles 9F 2-10-0, perhaps Britain's supremest example of the steam locomotive.

Anyway, be seeing you all!

Ronnie
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Ronstar wrote:... and there is now a user parameter to allow player colours.
Sounds interesting. Email on the way.
Finally, the first of the steam locos will be included - the Riddles 9F 2-10-0, ...
Someone with a massive interest in all things railway told me there was supposedly a small fleet of these tucked away somewhere near the Box Tunnel, to be used in the case of a nuclear attack rendering electrics and diesels useless. No idea if it was actually true or not.

Return to “Graphics Development”