[RELEASE] Prague metro pack v5.5 - includes Moscow trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Are these trains the ones which are still running on Prague Metro line A?
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

The Irish wrote:Are these trains the ones which are still running on Prague Metro line A?
The ECS train isn't running anymore since 1997. On line A, the 81-71 has been running until last year, which is quite similar to ECS. Check here for pictures:

http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/VOZIDLA.htm

Basically, the only difference between ECS and 81-71 is the front mask.

Right now, there's Siemens M1's running on line C, modernised 81-71M on line A and the old 81-71's on line B. But they'll be phased out slowly by the M1's or the 81-71M. :(

-s
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Oleg wrote:Wow. Someone has ever made anything in Moscow livery... Moscow Metro Train. Calm and blue and natural on the great green fields of Locomotion... Many thanks to the author.
Thanks! :wink:

Do you, by any chance, know about other liveries / colors the train has been running in? I saw some pictures from Moscow and Peteresburg of a darkblue train with a white stripe. Was that the ECS or the newer one 81-70? Do you know of any other cities in ex-Soviet Union that were running the ECS in other colors than the dark/lightblue?

As for my todo list for version 3.0:

- metro station
- brighten up dark sides of the Moscow train
- ECS with company colors

Progress is slow, but steady. I'm a bit annoyed by the limitations of the game engine - 256 colors, stations have to be inserted into trackst.dat, no antialiasing on edges... Oh well. :?
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

strongbow wrote:Do you, by any chance, know about other liveries / colors the train has been running in?
You mean this very train "Type E"? In Moscow, E-type trains mainly have the livery you've drawn.
Yet in Kharkov (Ukraine) for example there are trains with green top and even a modernized E-type train which looks like its later successors.
I saw some pictures from Moscow and Peteresburg of a darkblue train with a white stripe. Was that the ECS or the newer one 81-70?
It was definitly the newer one. The 81 series have a nice white stripe which is "V"- or "X"-shaped on the doors:
Do you know of any other cities in ex-Soviet Union that were running the ECS in other colors than the dark/lightblue?
Well, "ECS" means E-type for Czechoslovakia, in the USSR these trains were named just Type E. Besides, Type E is rather old, and when Metro systems were built in other ex-USSR cities, they were mainly supplied with more modern 81 Series.

BTW don't you want to draw a 81 Series also? A lot of these trains were also made for export. If you need pictures, just ask :) Besides, taking into consideration the scale of drawing, you won't need too much work, as the visual differences between type E and type 81 are not very large. Or, you could make a conversion, as there are 81-717 and 81-714 drawn for MSTS.

P.S. Good luck in your work!
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Oleg wrote: You mean this very train "Type E"? In Moscow, E-type trains mainly have the livery you've drawn.
Yet in Kharkov (Ukraine) for example there are trains with green top and even a modernized E-type train which looks like its later successors.
Ok, thanks! I guess those liveries are not too different from the Moscow version, so I'll pass on making them. But those Charkov blue/yellow colors are quite nice. :wink:
Oleg wrote: Well, "ECS" means E-type for Czechoslovakia, in the USSR these trains were named just Type E. Besides, Type E is rather old, and when Metro systems were built in other ex-USSR cities, they were mainly supplied with more modern 81 Series.
Eh. :) This makes me look quite stupid, I didn't realize the CS in Ecs was standing for Czechoslovakia. :oops: Hehe. Geez. I'll rename the Moscow version to "E Moscow" in the next release, promise! :wink:
Oleg wrote: BTW don't you want to draw a 81 Series also? A lot of these trains were also made for export. If you need pictures, just ask :) Besides, taking into consideration the scale of drawing, you won't need too much work, as the visual differences between type E and type 81 are not very large. Or, you could make a conversion, as there are 81-717 and 81-714 drawn for MSTS.
True, for Locomotion purposes, it would be enough to change the front mask. I don't need any pics, there's a line B metro station just a couple of streets away where 81-71's still operate. ;)

If I make it, I'll definitely do the Moscow livery too - blue with white stripe. Gimme some time, maybe it'll come sooner than you think.

Thanks for your informative post! ;)
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Thanks for your detailed reply :wink: I'll look forward to your next releases. BTW, 81-71's come in a large variety of liveries. In Kiev they can be gray, Nescafe (awful!) and even cucumber (it's not a joke!). In Samara they also look completely different. There has also been one Series 81 trainset painted green for Teheran Metro, but its destiny is unknown.
I'll rename the Moscow version to "E Moscow"
If you want to be historically correct, it should be just "E", or maybe "Type E", as it was marked by its manufacturer. There has also been a modification called "Ezh" (Type E, modification zh, often referred to as "hedgehog" - ezh means hedgehog in Russian), but the difference is too insignificant to be reflected in Locomotion. There was also an older A/B Type painted yellow and brown... Oh, I'd better stop this trainset history :lol:

P.S. I've found another foto of a Type E train painted just like 81-71, only the stripe is yellow. The photo was taken in Kiev.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Oleg wrote:Thanks for your detailed reply :wink: I'll look forward to your next releases. BTW, 81-71's come in a large variety of liveries. In Kiev they can be gray, Nescafe (awful!) and even cucumber (it's not a joke!). In Samara they also look completely different. There has also been one Series 81 trainset painted green for Teheran Metro, but its destiny is unknown.
Ugh, those Nescafe and cucumber 81s are ugly. :roll: I'll just do the Prague, Moscow and maybe Warsaw (blue/red/white) version.
If you want to be historically correct, it should be just "E", or maybe "Type E", as it was marked by its manufacturer. There has also been a modification called "Ezh" (Type E, modification zh, often referred to as "hedgehog" - ezh means hedgehog in Russian), but the difference is too insignificant to be reflected in Locomotion. There was also an older A/B Type painted yellow and brown... Oh, I'd better stop this trainset history :lol:
I think I'll call it "E Metro" and "ECS Metro" for Locomotion purposes, so it's clear what they're used for. E is too short somehow and "Type E" reminds me of a certain Jaguar car. :wink: Other trains in Locomotion are also named in the format "BR Driving carriage" and so on.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your metro knowledge! Very interesting stuff! :) I'll let you know if I need anything.
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

That cucumber one was great!
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

intercity125 wrote:That cucumber one was great!
Pervert.
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

BTW, the word that is written on the cucumber ad reads "Pervak", and as far as I could get it from my Ukranian collegue, that's an allusion to "Pervach" which means a strong home-made vodka (samogon). Which people traditionally have with cucumbers. It's a pity I can't get what the slogan says. It's funny to look at such a train, but I wouldn't like to have it in my city.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

progress on the metro station, still not happy with colors. :(
Attachments
station *WIP*
station *WIP*
station_wip.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 16703 times
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

Looking good i think
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

The station is looking good, so far.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

that looks superb :)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

so, i'm having a productive evening...

after lots of xml dissecting and checking it in loco, my metro station is finally ingame and working. :) it was a bit difficult to get the roof displayed underground (normal/city stations don't have roofs underground), but i managed.

i will clean up the graphics (the platform texture, which looks like a zebra now) and put it into the pack.

however, i had to modify the trackst.dat to insert the station into the game. so a question for you all - what type of trackst.dat do you want to come with the station? i thought about doing one with the earth slopes included and one without, as it's the most used mod atm.

and passengers only doesn't work for some reason. i've put the line

Code: Select all

<useobject desc="cargo" class="8">PASS    </useobject>
into the XML, but the game is ignoring it. maybe it only works with road stations? :(

oh and for version 3, there's also 3 new metro trains coming along with the station! :) the follow-up to ECS, the 81-71 in liveries from Prague (similar to ECS) and Moscow (darkblue with white stripe), plus the modernised 81-71Ms running on line A in Prague.

later,
-s
Attachments
metro station beta
metro station beta
station_beta.png (34.93 KiB) Viewed 16603 times
Barry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Barry »

Looks excellent.

I'd use the one with the grass slopes, but it's probably safer to do the two versions.

Hope you get the passenger-only station working - this would really improve the game, imho.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

This station is looking better all the time. And then there were those magic words, more new Metro trains? I await the fruits of your labor.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Barry wrote: Hope you get the passenger-only station working - this would really improve the game, imho.
Thanks, I'll try. :) I also tried to make the station quite generic, so it can be used with other sets as well - like the London one. :wink:

As for the new metro trains, here's the plan:

Version 3
81-71 Prague - http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/81-71/P817193.JPG

81-71 Moscow - http://trehgranka.metro.ru/images/vagon ... 632_01.jpg

81-71M Prague - http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/81-71M/P1010122.JPG

Version 4

Siemens M1 Prague - http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/M1/P000001.JPG

Don't count on version 4 appearing too soon, cause it's a whole new train. :) 81-71s should be easy though, just changing the front mask of the ECS...
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

Strongbow, this is the best station I had ever seen for Locomotion.

Not only the design is good but it is suitable as an overground and underground station. Moreover, it does not generate mail but only passengers, which is what commuter stations is all about.

Putting an extra mail train just to transport the mail is a waste of capacity on the line where more passenger trains are necessary to transport the passengers. By the way, do you see any commuter or underground train carry mail?

I am looking forward to the release of the station and also the mentioned Prague and Moscow Subway trains, especially the Siemens M1 train.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Ok, I've finished the station today.

Though I still have to do a bit of XML hacking to see if passengers only will work. Right now it doesn't, but maybe it requires somewhere else to be switched on as well... Any insights appreciated. :wink:

Next up are the 3 promised 81-71 trains.

Nite.
-s
Attachments
station final
station final
station_final.png (51.78 KiB) Viewed 16422 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”