Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Arathorn »

I hope so. The train didn't look very aerodynamic either.
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Hi,

A few day's ago the newspaper "METRO" had a advertisement of NS HIGHSPEED with an artist impression of it's new train. That one looked a bit like an upgraded Trans Europe Express model :-).

I've heard that the THALYS train will be replaced within 4 years for a new model... But when the HSL (High Speed Trainconnection between Netherlands & France) is fully operated, no-one knows... :'(

Maybe @ the same time as this set will be finished :evil: *joking!*

Greetz,

Hoontje
Oh wauw! :bow:
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

OT:
Hoontje wrote:the newspaper "METRO"
You call that a newspaper :P?

And be more faithful in this set! You know 'de laatste loodjes...' 8)
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

I know I know...

But it's better than SPITS though!!!

And you're right, I still have faith in this set! Purno and all the others are doing a fine job!!!

Greetz,

Hoontje
Oh wauw! :bow:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Purno and the others aren't working on this set ATM. Which is a shame. I know. Perhaps I shoud just release it unfinished... :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Well, off course you could always release something...
But it would be a shame if this set never finished. I believe this was the first set to begin development after Michael Bluncks DBset.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

I'd say, better wait a bit more than have a dumbed-down version of the set. All projects go through times where activity is low. But the best ones eventually come back sooner or later.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The boring work remains; updating a few sprites and alligning a lot. :(
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Well, not all coding work is fun, even not when writing real programs in stead of NFO ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

If aligning is just dumb value-changing in some text file I could help a bit maybe?
In case you need to learn how the coding works, I am afraid I can't be of any help, unless it can be understood in a short time.
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

maartenvanheek wrote:If aligning is just dumb value-changing in some text file...
Yes it is. There are some basics you need to understand first, but in the end it comes all down to changing decimal(!) values. Maybe the tool I wrote some weeks back can be of any use.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Is GRFMaker released to the public yet? In that case you could change the values in GRFMaker.
Image Image
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

IIRC, the source has been made available last august, and someone compiled it and posted it here on the forums..

EDIT: Ah yes, it was csaboka

Linky: http://users.tt-forums.net/csaboka/GRFMaker_3.03B.zip
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The Dutch Trainset won't work with the original 3.03B version released by Szappy. It only works with a newer version I got from AndersI.
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Is it possible to post that version of GRFMaker here, Purno? Perhaps we can help with aligning then.

Also, aligning through editing the NFO would do for me. If you need someone to do just that, release the GRF. I'll try to fix it then. And for the sprites goes the same. Just release the GRF and/or a zip which contains the new sprites and I'll GIMP a bit to update the sprites.

If you don't want me to do the non-GRFMaker-work, then the only thing left is IMO to post your GRFMaker version here, so others could continue the alignment.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's technically possible to post the new GRFMaker version here, but I don't know if I'm allowed to.

It's possible to edit the values in the NFO, but that render the GRFMaker file outdated. And since GRFMaker can't read NFO files all new work would have to be done through NFO editing.
Image Image
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

The simplest way for now is that you, Purno, PM the zip file to the others that want to help with the Dutch trainset - that way you are sure to use the same version. There hasn't really grown up a community of programmers around the GRFMaker sources, it's still only me and Belugas (and Szappy) that have done anything, and the feedback on what's needed has been almost zero (except for Purno).
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So I'm allowed to spread this GRFMaker version?
Image Image
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

GRFMaker is Open Source, the SVN repository is readable by anyone (although only a few have update rights), so yes, you may send it to others. Keep in mind that the SVN version is not really tested on anything else than trains (we never got any other projects for regression testing).

And please report any bugs in the GRFMaker thread!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks Anders.
maartenvanheek wrote:If aligning is just dumb value-changing in some text file I could help a bit maybe?
In case you need to learn how the coding works, I am afraid I can't be of any help, unless it can be understood in a short time.
Paffy Duck wrote:Is it possible to post that version of GRFMaker here, Purno? Perhaps we can help with aligning then.

Also, aligning through editing the NFO would do for me. If you need someone to do just that, release the GRF. I'll try to fix it then. And for the sprites goes the same. Just release the GRF and/or a zip which contains the new sprites and I'll GIMP a bit to update the sprites.

If you don't want me to do the non-GRFMaker-work, then the only thing left is IMO to post your GRFMaker version here, so others could continue the alignment.
So, who of you two prefers to help the most?
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”