FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's random screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

And another...back to the hills. Branch-line junction, scrap trains come down from the villages.
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#4.png
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#4.png (288.94 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I got bored with the mountain game, so I started another one :D . I'm now using Handrake's patchpack, for the template replacement, rivers, aircraft range and recent NewGRF support. I also started using a few more vehicle sets, and TaI houses.

The date is 1965. A new railway opens from Halling, a middle-sized lakeside city (with a suitably impressive terminus)...
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965.png
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965.png (237.14 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
...via Guernsey, just along the coast and a little smaller...
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965#1.png
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965#1.png (259.48 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
...and Little Sutton, further inland. The triple-track along this section seemes to make sense given the closely-spaced stations, but in its original form will prove extremely troublesome.
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965#2.png
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1965#2.png (303.32 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

From there, it continues through a valley to Newtonmore, where the line's state-of-the-art locomotive works has been built...
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965.png
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965.png (277.62 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
...and terminates at Seaton, with another big terminus.
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965#1.png
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965#1.png (278.64 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
An aerial view of the line was commissioned - most of it fits on!
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965#2.png
Thomson & Co., 6th Jun 1965#2.png (247.32 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Seaston station is way to big in contrast with the line and the village. It would be cool to build in a huge city. or just give 2 tracks a full roof. The screens are nice and rural though.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Seaston station is way to big in contrast with the line and the village
It's a city - the station doesn't look so out of place in 1990 :wink: .
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I got distracted :roll: . I played the game above through to the present, but I haven't been bothered to tale screenshots yet. Have some completely different ones from another game I'm playing - it's 1930, on the LNER/LMS boundary :P . I really managed to mess the roads up somehow, though :(

Seven Sisters station, situated on a spit of land between the town and the adjacent village of Foxton. Because of the location and service pattern, the layout is a bit odd - the large roof is for mainline services, the small ones for the branches in the other direction. Wood trains use the crossovers to thread their way onto the freight lines to join others crossing the bay from the south, while passenger trains use the tunnels. A 4-4-0 County is leaving with the 7:15 semi-fast to Strawberry Hill.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931.png (186.7 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Just to the east, the wood unloading station at Foxton. The railway's locomotive depot is at the top right, next to the quad-tracked mainline to the north. An A3 heads north with the 7:00pm crack express to Bynea, while LMS 4Fs drag wood along the slow lines.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#1.png (168.44 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Swaythling Junction was recently grade-separated, previously being a major bottleneck. Another County is about to hang right for the Strawberry Hill line; a wood train heads for Moreton on the slow.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#3.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#3.png (215.41 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

More pics... :D

Strawberry Hill has only a small station just now, but the railway has bought adjacent land in expectation of a rise in traffic. The planned introduction of trams here may bring this sooner rather than later.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#4.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#4.png (276.67 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
Sway, the only intermediate station on the Kilmarnock branch, to the west of Seven Sisters. A 4-4-2 tank engine runs in with its short rake of celestory carriages, en route to Seven Sisters' branch platforms, while the guard blows his whistle for a Kilmarnock-bound train.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#2.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#2.png (235.01 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
Kilmarnock, just down the line, is the terminus - but may not be for long, as plans are afoot to extend the line to Whittlesey, two villages along. Another branch train has just arrived in this sleepy little town, disgorging a mass of (invisible) evening commuters.
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#5.png
Sharkey & Co., 3rd Feb 1931#5.png (225.11 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Farm trams. Not much else to say, really...
Murphy & Co., 2nd Sep 1923.png
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Very Nice Mate, keep up the Good Work.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Thanks :D . It's good to know that someone's looking at the pics...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Quite a while later...it's 1985 now :roll: .

The industrial area at Southampton is quite busy - Coal, Iron Ore, Sand, Stone, Clay, Scrap Metal, Timber, Metal, Farm Supplies and Building Materials all being handled at the same station :shock: . It causes quite a lot of trouble, actually - I got a bit too carried away with Autorefit :( . An empty scrap train pulls out, as a trainload of timber rolls in, a mixed mineral train unloads and a metal train is almost ready to leave.
Sharkey & Co., 29th Mar 1985.png
Sharkey & Co., 29th Mar 1985.png (291.85 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
Bridge of Orchy is a rather strange little town, almost entirely filling a medium-sized island. A third-rail EMU set arrives in the small station with a branch service from the mainline at Bishopstone; the preceding service leaves the causeway on its way to Southampton.
Sharkey & Co., 29th Mar 1985#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 29th Mar 1985#1.png (152.13 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
Attachments
Please ignore this image
Please ignore this image
Routing.png (20.13 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Are they Metrovicks in the first Pic?
Love the layout at Bridge of Orchy, though I'll show you how to fill a Medium sized Island, most of my main Cities in Games are on Islands.
Not even going to ask about the third Pic though, very odd looking.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Nope, it's a few Class 86s in the first pic - I have 136 of them so far :D . I haven't actually used any Co-Bo's yet, although I had some Baby Deltics earlier: Here are two back in 1977, dragging supply trains for local builders through the dense suburban traffic. They've now gone over to 73s...
Sharkey & Co., 10th Feb 1977.png
Sharkey & Co., 10th Feb 1977.png (201.91 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
The fast lines can be seen diving under the slows in the picture above, they come out just to the east, near the even larger tangle at Foxton. By now the 3rd-rail has been extended on the fasts for the aforementioned 73s, which use the three short platforms just visible at the right-hand side. One such train has just emerged onto the mainline; the following express (86-hauled again) is likely to be checked for it :( . A heavy timber train is just rolling out of Foxton yard as a train of building materials unloads; an oil tanker has just rammed a bulk carrier at the docks :shock: . Wood trains arrive, ready to refit and carry farm supplies back to the forests; a scrap train loads by the docks.
Sharkey & Co., 29th Jan 1987.png
Sharkey & Co., 29th Jan 1987.png (216.5 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
The corresponding mess of junctions and flyovers. There's a bit more, but it didn't fit :wink: .
Sharkey & Co., 29th Jan 1987#1.png
Sharkey & Co., 29th Jan 1987#1.png (289.43 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Gratuitous screenshots of the game I sort of skipped over - I did play it, just haven't done pics yet. Twyford (north of Halling) is now a city of 16,000, with two stations - a small one on the hill in the centre, a bigger one down below. There are a lot of mail trucks :P .
Thomson & Co., 13th Sep 2013.png
Thomson & Co., 13th Sep 2013.png (332.87 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
Twyford Upper is the end of a branch from Little Sutton, which is now a key junction with 13 platforms. Six sets of Class 325s call on various services, with an Electrostar and Classes 89 and 91 for passengers. Guernsey station, on the left, is something of a bottleneck.
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013.png
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013.png (285.08 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
Montpelier, south of Guernsey, is the southern terminus of an Underground line from Melton Mowbray; it's got the line's depot too. Several tube trains, plus more of the ubiquitous mail trucks and a couple of buses.
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#1.png
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#1.png (271.53 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Like the shots, keep 'em coming! :D
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

In te 11th Picture you'll actually find 13 Class 325's :wink:
But still great screens.
EDIT: Wher did I get 11th from? I mean 5th!
Last edited by Pilot on 11 Jun 2012 06:26, edited 2 times in total.
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

colossal404 wrote:Like the shots, keep 'em coming! :D
i agree :D
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

These are awesome shots :D Nice and busy, I like that.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Thanks for the responses :D .
A321Pilot wrote:In te 11th Picture you'll actually find 13 Class 325's :wink:
Your number is closer than mine, but it's still wrong :P . Having looked at it again with the stations invisible, there are in fact ten trains of 325's visible. These are formed of 25 individual 325's, of which 22 are actually visible (some trains go off the edge). [/random statistic nitpicking]

Little Sutton, above, had three tracks going off to the left - that's the branch to Twyford. First stop is Melton Mowbray Town (being converged on by EMUs), although fast through trains use the avoiding line and head straight for Southampton, as the 91+DVT set is doing on the right. A pair of 92-hauled oil trains are passing (glitchily) on the bridge, as a pair of Tube trains call at the packed underground station.
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#2.png
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#2.png (316.32 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
The area immediately to the west - this is Melton Mowbray West, on the line from Guernsey to Twyford Valley. An Electrostar leaves the bay for the Hampstead branch, while another traverses the single track from Southampton. A Tube service terminates.
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#3.png
Thomson & Co., 19th Sep 2013#3.png (319.98 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Rather more peaceful...about as far from the city bustle as it's possible to get, the ferry from Leighton Buzzard approaches the jetty at Disley.
Sharkey & Co., 8th Feb 1987.png
Sharkey & Co., 8th Feb 1987.png (226.97 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

These are class!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Screenshots”