32Bpp Graphics Pack (13/03/2010)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (9/1/2010)

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

maquinista wrote:I have updated the TAR file with the coast tiles. I have included the desert sprites for lakes and some temperate rivers.
i updated the file.
i added those to the full pack

Today i'll upload 3 packs, Full pack, Base pack and additional pack:
  • Full pack - just all the tars.
  • Base pack - all the stuff from the repository you put in base\artic\extra\tropic folders
  • additional - all the content that must be must enable as a new GRF.
if you want anything done diffidently, more, less, whatever - please write it down .......
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

nvm
Last edited by Wasila on 16 Jan 2010 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Also, to make the job of the pack maker easier, could people making new graphics which have not been done before post them into the repository and add them to the development pages on the wiki.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

thread updated, see details in the First post.

OLD first Post, should i delete all the old mirrors ?
32Bpp-Pack wrote: 32Bpp Graphics, User Friendly Pack:
Self extractable file, Just Unpack it into your OTTD Installation folder and you are ready to go.
1. Includes the Latest OpenGfx Version 0.2.1 from 23-Dec-2009.
2. all license/Arthur/contributor information is under license folder with listing of their files and their location.
3. no tar files, since many had problems using the tars from the repository.

For manual Download please Visit Wikipedia List Or the OpenTTD gfxdev file repository
Latest Version of Full zoom 32Bpp Executable (32bit and 64bit) can be found here (click the First link)
The appropriate changes to the 'openttd.cfg' found there as well (usually found in your Documents \OpenTTD\openttd.cfg)

HTTP, Self Extractable, One File download, Multiple sources **:
Rapidshare
netload
zshare
badongo
filefactory

32Bpp Graphics,Full Pack
Full Pack, Includes all the Fullzoom compatible Tar Files in the Gfxdev repository
1. Credits to each and every of our respected developers included in each of the files.

Http, RAR, One File Download, multiple sources **:
rapidshare
netload
zshare
filefactory
badongo

** (Http, RAR, One File Download):
Http - means normal Browser download
RAR - Archive type (just like tar), if you dont have and archive software you can download free open source 7zip.

Its Free HTTP Hosting, so if you never used it before just select the free option, wait a few seconds (usually 30) and possible type a captcha and have fun.
because its free its some times has download limit, this is why you have been provided with multiple sources for the same file.

* if someone request the tar version and instruct me how to make one that works, i'll be happy to make one.
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

Wasila wrote:Are there any binaries? If not, then I might make one.
there are links to the latest compiled binaries in the first post but you always welcome to help making the next set
once a new diff created, its posted in this thread.
Wasila wrote:Also, to make the job of the pack maker easier, could people making new graphics which have not been done before post them into the repository and add them to the development pages on the wiki.
yes, this will be much appreciated.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 32Bpp Graphics Pack (16/1/2010)

Post by Wasila »

Also, will editing the openttd.cfg file adversely impact my other versions of OpenTTD (with no extra zoom levels)?
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

no, i have not witnessed any problems or impact what so ever .
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Wasila wrote:Also, will editing the openttd.cfg file adversely impact my other versions of OpenTTD (with no extra zoom levels)?
If You have the config files in the folder with the executables, You won't have problems.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

I'm slightly confused; does the game look for a config file in the .../OpenTTD folder before looking for one in .../My Documents/OpenTTD?
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Yes, like Maquinista said. I have multiple versions of OpenTTD next to each other, each with it's own config file in the directory where the executable is. If it cannot find the config file there it will look in the Documents and Setting/openttd folder (on Windows), or ~/.openttd on Linux and on yet another one on Mac.
If you only have a config file in this last directory, you can also share the data folder between different installations
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

so apparently you can set a specific config file for each OTTD install to use instead of the shared one in my documents by placing it in its folder.
then i guess that the last line is not accurate/necessary:
32Bpp-Pack wrote:32Bpp - Game files
All what you need to run the latest OTTD version with FULLZOOM support
Its a Self extractable file, just unpack the game to the your desired game folder. Just Dont forget to edit openttd.cfg, in case you dont have it, replace it with the one i added to your game folder.
----

considering the game loading order we are lucky the pack contains the openttd.cfg in its game folder, since there is a bug with 32BPP binary if there is no openttd.cfg
unlike the original version that just creates it, the 32BPP version crushes.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Can this be pinned?

Also, is the file size what would be expected if included as part of the game? 100MB is a lot considering it's only a fraction of the necessary graphics.

EDIT: Just played with 32bpp graphics. Laggy, slow but beautiful. Is the transmitter only half-complete? It doesn't look very done. Only real problem (besides performance) is that there are none of the separaters that exist in the 8bpp menu. Could those be added in?
Valentijn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valentijn »

Great job! Packages/Installation works like a charm.
gogo214
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gogo214 »

Valentijn wrote:Great job! Packages/Installation works like a charm.
Hey guys,
first of all I want say great job with this site. TTD is my all time favorite game so recently I decided to give it a try again after a couple of years. I installed the OTTD and then I found these beautiful screenshots of 32bpp graphics but I just cant get it to work. In my defence I wanna say I spent last two days trying to figure out how to do it but either I am effin dumb or I got something wrong. I believe I must annoy you but would you be so kind and post a step-by-step guide possibly with all the necessary links? Or maybe upload the whole Directory with 32bpp OTTD?? Thanks a million :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

well the first post should be enough.

you download the Game files Pack, its a self extractable, double click it and choose a folder for your Game to be installed too
for example:

Code: Select all

c:\games\ottd\     =  Game folder

in it should be the openttd.exe and the data folder

Great now Downland the Graphic sets (base and additional) and extract them into your game folder (whatever you choose before)
if you want to make sure you did it right then go to:
your [game folder]\data\ and see if there is a new sprites folder, if so you are ready to go.

you can also check here: http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels (but its under a small rewrite at the moment.)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

32Bpp-Pack wrote:Visit Wikipedia List
Might want to fix that, it's the OpenTTD wiki that you were linking to.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have added to the repository a update of the new industries:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=41

This is because the tropical bank and the water tower was not included. :oops:

Also, I have uploaded the farm tiles by Ben Robins and I have updated the file with new bridges.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
gogo214
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gogo214 »

neob wrote:well the first post should be enough.

you download the Game files Pack, its a self extractable, double click it and choose a folder for your Game to be installed too
for example:

Code: Select all

c:\games\ottd\     =  Game folder

in it should be the openttd.exe and the data folder

Great now Downland the Graphic sets (base and additional) and extract them into your game folder (whatever you choose before)
if you want to make sure you did it right then go to:
your [game folder]\data\ and see if there is a new sprites folder, if so you are ready to go.

you can also check here: http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels (but its under a small rewrite at the moment.)

thank you!!

the graphics are really amazing but the game lags like crazy and also I cannot open the town card when clicking on the town name and also the tiles on the edge between sea and land are not places correctly
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

It's not a finished product. What you're playing at this stage is, in essence, a prototype. So there are bound to be bugs, inconsistencies, etc. Best thing you can do about them is (apart from fixing them yourself) to report them to that particular part of the game's respective author, which in this case I think is GeekToo.

Also, about the slowness - by the time we complete a full set, I'm pretty sure you'll have bought a faster PC.
#################
32Bpp-Pack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 32Bpp-Pack »

i would really love to know how are you making tar files for the base set, because i tried few methods, few location and nothing works beside extracting the files in to the data folder.
anyway i'll upload the updated files little later today.

Return to “Graphics Development”