32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by maquinista »

cid.67 wrote:maybe it could be possible to use the northstar2 suspension and cantilever bridges,with different colors to fit with your models?
i don't know if it's hard or long to render theses sprites with other colors and assembly them but it's just an idea.
You can modify the sprites with GIMP.

I have modified a bit the bridges. Also, I have added a truss monorail bridge.
Attachments
32 bpp bridges.tar
TAR file.
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 379 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
puentes_32d.jpg (285.34 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Looking good maquinista! Between you and northstar, your going to complete the 32bpp all by yourselves :P
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Leanden wrote:Looking good maquinista! Between you and northstar, your going to complete the 32bpp all by yourselves :P
Thanks. Also, thanks to j0rdax, Varivar, Ben Robbins, Brupje, BerberJesus, Rectangle, Wacki, LordAzamath, Wotan, habell, Teemes, Soeb, Alltaken, gt1750, Slye Fox, =SLJ=DownEast, Joed, Athanasios, Thomash, aDe, SunnyBoy, Cadaver, DirtY iCE, LiquidLogic, Dmh_mac and GeekToo...

I have finished (for now) the new bridges TAR file. I have added two new monorail bridges: concrete beam and urban. The TTO stile bridge was moved to the concrete bridge. Also, this bridge has a higher speed, 40 mph, because 30 was too slow.

Remember that this TAR file is free (Creative commons BY), You can modify it as You want, if You don't like colours, or You want some noise...
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
puentes_32e.jpg (350.19 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
32 bpp bridges.tar
TAR file.
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 587 times
Last edited by maquinista on 21 Jan 2010 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
northstar2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by northstar2 »

thanks for your compliments.as maquinista said,we musn't forget all the contributions from all the modellers.
the end of the 32bpp project is very far away but we approach each day.
Maquinista.your bridges are very nice.i like especially the tubular models.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the latest northstar2 bus:
Attachments
leopard bus left.tar
left
(224.5 KiB) Downloaded 925 times
leopard bus right.tar
right
(220 KiB) Downloaded 1213 times
regal_bus_left.tar
left. I have modified their offsets like the right file that I have uploaded some days ago.
(95.5 KiB) Downloaded 1892 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the file varivars_trucks_v4.tar because some of its vehicles was moved to openttdw.grf and some times, the wood trucks didn't show 32 bpp sprites.
Attachments
varivars_trucks_v4.tar
Updated TAR file.
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 2423 times
ChriZZi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChriZZi »

Hi there,

I've been watching this thread for a while now, and I think now its time to say "Thank you guys!". You're doing really excelent work! And I love OTTD32bpp! Its really grate!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

That last comment was a little bit cheesey :lol: Sorry...

How do the windows on those buses change in game?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Some TAR files more.
Attachments
newstatsw.tar
Michael Blunck's new stations looks better, because this file replaces the base tracks.
(214.5 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
bus_depot.tar
Bus depot, optimized, and with some asphalt in the entrance. This was suggested by Varivar.
(278 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
pantallazo.JPEG (39.62 KiB) Viewed 11739 times
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

I compiled a 32bpp version and checked the "big pack", awesome graphics in it. :-)

But are you guys aware that a lot details will go lost if you use them on the "normal" zoom level, like you don't see anymore, if the signal is green or red...
(it looks like you can enjoy this graphics on the special patch zoom in level, only. :-( )

Greets
Ammler
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Ammler wrote:I compiled a 32bpp version and checked the "big pack", awesome graphics in it. :-)

But are you guys aware that a lot details will go lost if you use them on the "normal" zoom level, like you don't see anymore, if the signal is green or red...
(it looks like you can enjoy this graphics on the special patch zoom in level, only. :-( )

Greets
Ammler
This is true, tram graphics looks bad at z1 or z2 zoom level, this could be fixed adding tweaked files for these zoom levels.
PluueeR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PluueeR »

I am following this thread (and the other one) for years now and really would like to play around with the new graphics. I tried a couple of Win32 binaries (as most of the 32bpp graphics are the "extra zoom levels"-kind of graphics), but never managed to start it. Is there someone who could share a OS-X binary or Win32 binary which I can start or do I have to be more patient? :D
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

PluueeR wrote:I am following this thread (and the other one) for years now and really would like to play around with the new graphics. I tried a couple of Win32 binaries (as most of the 32bpp graphics are the "extra zoom levels"-kind of graphics), but never managed to start it. Is there someone who could share a OS-X binary or Win32 binary which I can start or do I have to be more patient? :D
Has You modified the configuration file?
http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoo ... stallation
PluueeR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PluueeR »

Damn, I just gave up when it didn't start in the first place. But now that I have created the openttd.cfg file it does start! Tnx! :roll:
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the latest Pietjeklap's plane. It replaces the Bakewell Luckett LB-10 and the Bakewell Luckett LB-11. If You want cargo graphics or different graphics, someone must code a GRF file.
Attachments
pietjeklap_planes.tar
TAR file.
(428 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

PluueeR wrote:Damn, I just gave up when it didn't start in the first place. But now that I have created the openttd.cfg file it does start! Tnx! :roll:
You're welcome. Or did you have a question?
pietjeklap
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pietjeklap »

maquinista wrote:I have coded the latest Pietjeklap's plane. It replaces the Bakewell Luckett LB-10 and the Bakewell Luckett LB-11. If You want cargo graphics or different graphics, someone must code a GRF file.
Very nice!

What about the Guru Galaxy?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the latest Cadaver's building. If He updates it, I will update the file.

NOTE:
The TAR file cadaver_houses.tar is in the next post:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=803427#p803427
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
coded_building.jpg (84.62 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
This building is published in the next post.
This building is published in the next post.
hotel.JPEG (57.65 KiB) Viewed 10656 times
Last edited by maquinista on 02 Aug 2009 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the latest TAR files updathed.

The lumbermill file only works with the latest ECS wood file from George. I have added the snow sprites.
The planes file has 16 sprites replaced, but these sprites are the same for more planes. The other planes could have their own sprites with a new GRF file.
The Cadaver houses file has the hotel. I think that the hotel and these two models are finished and doesn't need more changes. The little house could have a different roof, but there aren't needed big changes.
Attachments
pietjeklap_planes.tar
TAR file.
(630.5 KiB) Downloaded 1611 times
cadaver_houses.tar
TAR file.
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 913 times
Lumbermill.tar
TAR file.
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 2377 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

bit off topic, but whenever i run 32bpp openttd after about 15 mins or so it crashes and i get an error message saying "out of sprite memory" :cry:

what have i done wrong?!?!?!?! ?(
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

Return to “Graphics Development”