Hover Bus (Based on eGrvts)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

omgits3am
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Hover Bus (Based on eGrvts)

Post by omgits3am »

I like the hover bus very much, and for your next project can you make a high speed "hover tram" ?? Possible specs for the "hover tram": 300-400 km/h 100-150 passengers in 3 or 4 cars and lots of horsepower so it can corner well and climb hills :)
hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by hectobar »

i think this is.. well... awesome! although, because it is a hover bus shouldn't it be able to climb hills without slowing down?
I'm leaning on a lamp.
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

hectobar wrote:i think this is.. well... awesome! although, because it is a hover bus shouldn't it be able to climb hills without slowing down?
Does that fact that it hovers make a hover bus immune to gravity?

Or let's look at it the other way around? Would a hover bus accelerate when going down a slope? Yes, it would, so it should also decelerate when going up, or else it'd be breaking some laws of physics.
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Other than that, it's something I (nor anyone else coding .grf) can't do anything about currently. The behavior you're encountering on hills and curves is hardcoded in OpenTTD, until someone implements the so-called "realistic acceleration for RVs".
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Just to point out, the problem with conventional rail, and the advantage of maglev, have basically nothing to do with friction.

You could pump enough power into a TGV, with an uprated motor, to blast it through the friction as much as a maglev. The differences are that conventional rail will fall off the track before hand - as proven with the TGV world record, you can only make metal rails straight and flat to a certain extent - eventually a difference of even a few mm at a high enough speed would be enough to cause major damage or derailment etc. Maglev has higher tolerance to this and, in theory, should cost less to run at very high speeds.

You could get a TFV or ICE etc just about as fast as a maglev, but you'd break it first.
Jon
ardimw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ardimw »

Im new in this forum. About hovering bus, can you tell me how to make hover bus? What tools I need to build that car?

Return to “Graphics Development”