OpenTTD 0.4.7 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

Hesuses wrote: Has the Helicopter auto-replacing been fixed (helicopters stay in hangar after being replaced)?
not until r4152 (seen myself), and in the svn changelog says nothing about beeing fixed until r4200 (which is current now), so i think it is not fixed
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Hesuses wrote:Just a question. I haven't closely examined any readme files or anything but...

Has the Helicopter auto-replacing been fixed (helicopters stay in hangar after being replaced)?
I think that was fixed ages ago, even before 0.4.5
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

doskey wrote:Thanks.
I download source files. Unpack it. I complie it with VC 6.0 and DX9SDK. I copy the followg files from the original version of TTD to data directory. And run it with debugger. But It still show this message. :(
Data files from original version:
sample.cat
trg1r.grf
trgcr.grf
trghr.grf
trgir.grf
trgtr.grf
Did you also copy the BUNDLED files to the data directory? Mainly openttd.grf that was inside 0.4.7?
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Hesuses
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hesuses »

Bjarni wrote:
Hesuses wrote:Just a question. I haven't closely examined any readme files or anything but...

Has the Helicopter auto-replacing been fixed (helicopters stay in hangar after being replaced)?

Well I had the Heli problem in 0.4.5...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Hesuses wrote:
Bjarni wrote:

Well I had the Heli problem in 0.4.5...
if you got the problem in 0.4.7, then it's not fixed, but until somebody actually reports this broken in 0.4.7, I will presume that it works now. I put some work into this long ago, but it could be after 0.4.5 was released. I can't remember. It should be fixed now, that's what I consider :wink:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Oh, a note for the thousands of OS/2 users out there who play OpenTTD - the OS/2 port of 0.4.7 was released yesterday. Get it while it's hot! ;)
honnza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by honnza »

where can I find a windows compiled version of 4.7.0+PBS?
I can't live without PBS

edit: I mean, where can I find the last nightly build with PBS
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

honnza wrote:where can I find a windows compiled version of 4.7.0+PBS?
I can't live without PBS

edit: I mean, where can I find the last nightly build with PBS
You'll have to build one yourself. Someone placed a link into the Integrated Nightly thread for PBS as a patch, but this is undoubtably miles out of date now. PBS was removed over 800 updates ago.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
doskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doskey »

Darkvater wrote:
doskey wrote:Thanks.
I download source files. Unpack it. I complie it with VC 6.0 and DX9SDK. I copy the followg files from the original version of TTD to data directory. And run it with debugger. But It still show this message. :(
Data files from original version:
sample.cat
trg1r.grf
trgcr.grf
trghr.grf
trgir.grf
trgtr.grf
Did you also copy the BUNDLED files to the data directory? Mainly openttd.grf that was inside 0.4.7?
Sure. I download release version from sf.net. Unpack it and copy data files to unpacked directory. Run it fine. Then I copy the openttd.exe to release version's directory that I compiled with VC6 and DXSDK9. Recove the release version's openttd.exe with my openttd.exe. Run it. It show messagebox to me again....>_< I believe the data file is fine, but I don't know why show me the messagebox.. Can you help me? :shock:
BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

honnza wrote: edit: I mean, where can I find the last nightly build with PBS
look in the signature of richk67 ;) R3464IN
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

doskey wrote:Sure. I download release version from sf.net. Unpack it and copy data files to unpacked directory. Run it fine. Then I copy the openttd.exe to release version's directory that I compiled with VC6 and DXSDK9. Recove the release version's openttd.exe with my openttd.exe. Run it. It show messagebox to me again....>_< I believe the data file is fine, but I don't know why show me the messagebox.. Can you help me? :shock:
If you compile OpenTTD yourself you also need to copy lang/english.lng minimally. Although I don't know why you would want to do what you are doing. To get the latest version, just use the nightlies.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
doskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doskey »

Darkvater wrote:
doskey wrote:Sure. I download release version from sf.net. Unpack it and copy data files to unpacked directory. Run it fine. Then I copy the openttd.exe to release version's directory that I compiled with VC6 and DXSDK9. Recove the release version's openttd.exe with my openttd.exe. Run it. It show messagebox to me again....>_< I believe the data file is fine, but I don't know why show me the messagebox.. Can you help me? :shock:
If you compile OpenTTD yourself you also need to copy lang/english.lng minimally. Although I don't know why you would want to do what you are doing. To get the latest version, just use the nightlies.
I want to modify sources for support Chinese. This is I modified 0.4.0.1 OpenTTD's screen snapshot.

Support chinese IME also.

:oops:
Hairysteed
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hairysteed »

I don't suppose it has currency support for RMB as well :D
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Ah, I see. Looks really cool :D (and unreadable, but that's me :P).

Usually every compiled openttd needs the accompanying english.lng (well not every, but to be on the safe side I say so) copied to the new location.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

So, hm, what ever happened to the UTF-8 version of OpenTTD that I seem to remember someone was working on? It would be a rather good time to get this updated, IMO, as we've had separate Chinese, Japanese and goodness knows what other versions come now, and many of them disappear off into obscurity because the trunk wasn't in a position to accept them. Especially with TTDPatch and newgrf supporting UTF-8, we need to do that soon if at all possible. ;)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

doskey wrote:I want to modify sources for support Chinese. This is I modified 0.4.0.1 OpenTTD's screen snapshot.
this looks interesting. If you manage to modify 0.4.0.1 to do this, the same should be possible for 0.4.7 (given that you also translate the newly added strings)
I would like to see how you did it

As for the UTF-8 thing pipian tried it (he tried UTF-16 though), but I don't think he got very far and now I haven't heard from him in ages. We better find a new victim... err... bright mind to look at it :wink:

Return to “General OpenTTD”