German Tram Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oooh! That looks niiiice!

Excellent work, although I dont like the tracks much. Well, I lie. The tracks are awesome, but Im going to have a look at making somthing better :)

Got sprites for hills done?
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Nice work guys! Looks great. Be nice to see this compatible with normal rail... Street trackage anyone? :D Some towns had the railroad mainlines (And stations) right in the middle of their main streets. This'd be a cool way to replicate that.
Pedro_Zawislak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pedro_Zawislak »

Hello, friends :)
Maybe you can look at this :
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=200
:)
Sorry for my bad english... Translator & friends' help rullez :wink:
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

Aegir wrote: Got sprites for hills done?
Yes, as you can see on the screenshot. I just have to draw the bridges and I hope I can size-up the sprites for junctions to make it perfect.

It is free for all to make his own vehicles if you can't wait. We don't know if we add some more vehivles, because it is a lot of work. :)
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

RK wrote:
Aegir wrote: Got sprites for hills done?
Yes, as you can see on the screenshot. I just have to draw the bridges and I hope I can size-up the sprites for junctions to make it perfect.
Yes yes, goodie. I noticed the hill sprites about four hours after posting that.

Im having a gander at making my own tram track sprites right now, I may also cook up the dual track ones (Lomo style) for Oskars trams system (If it ever gets done, who knows). I like where you are headed.

I also talked to Oskar about letting RV's drive on the third rail system, and to allow RV's recognise the pressence of the trams and avoid them, but he said a great big, and I quote: 'nah' to it. :lol: . The go seems to be to make it work off of the RV system. Doing it the way I suggested (RV's treat third rail like roads) would require rewriting the movement code for both RV's and trains. So that aint gonna happen :D.

But who cares, atleast when/if trams get implemented into the patch, there will be sprites ready to rock and roll for the feature.

Im still only in the very initial stages of making my tram track sprites, and already they look like they'll look almost exactly the same. But who cares, the more the merrier.

RPharazon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by RPharazon »

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the C-Train in it? It looks so cool.

More pics!

A pic of the Somerset station.

Here is a nice Third-Party site, and listing with photos of the models.

Here's the Very Big article on Wikipedia

Please make my dream come true, Heck, I'll even draw some!
Imagination! Here, you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos.
duffman
Engineer
Engineer

Melbourne (Australia) Trams

Post by duffman »

I don't know anything about TTD coding/graphics but I've always wanted to make TTD bigger scale, like city centres (taller buildings) and ofcourse, inner-city transport, and your graphics are looking absolutely fabulous.

Here's a site I found covering Melbourne Trams:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... elbzab.htm

There are two newer trams not on that site:
(can't find the other one)
BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

we need many different trams, An i think the first trams had been on the road in the 1920....
i'm not a very good painter, and a 'hobby'-coder ,
but here are the first results........... not the final tracks as painted from RK, but that is not the problem. The - sight is ugly, i have to do some work on it. But it is running!
Attachments
stb3105034ae.gif
stb3105034ae.gif (58.47 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

BeSt-Com wrote:we need many different trams [...]
Well Bernhard, the problem is that a set of "many" trams would be incompatible both with the DB Set and the US Set simply (and of each of the other "large" railway sets being worked on) because there are only so few veh-IDs available.

In fact, a dedicated tram system would need much extra coding and it´s doubtful if it would ever been done.

Now, the idea to use the third rail system (either monorail or maglev, depending on the unifiedmaglev switch) suffers from a lot of restrictions:

- you won´t have catenary support,
- you´ll have only some veh-IDs left if it´ll be an addition for one of the large railway sets,
- the DB Set already uses the third rail system,
- those fake streets cannot be used by RVs, instead it´s still railway track including lights on each and every junction.

Of course, an alternative idea would be to make it a full set for sort of "town games", but then you should use the normal track to get catenary support.

regards
Michael
BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

catenary support is a nice feature, if not possible we could do the San Francisco tram?? :lol:

we don't need many trams at the same time, but over the time... starting 1920............

>- you´ll have only some veh-IDs left if it´ll be an addition for one of the large railway sets,
>- the DB Set already uses the third rail system,

every new set will be in conflict with the DB-Set. i do have that in my mind. But there are still some free ID's.

> - those fake streets cannot be used by RVs, instead it´s still railway track including lights on each and every junction.

i'm sure we will find a solution for that problems

last.......... i don't like full sets..........
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

michael blunck wrote:
BeSt-Com wrote:we need many different trams [...]
Well Bernhard, the problem is that a set of "many" trams would be incompatible both with the DB Set and the US Set simply (and of each of the other "large" railway sets being worked on) because there are only so few veh-IDs available.

Of course, an alternative idea would be to make it a full set for sort of "town games", but then you should use the normal track to get catenary support.

regards
Michael
That "town games" sounds monotonous. It is enough to have some trams to connect the inner city and some cities with each other. Another possibility: We make different sets, e.g. Ammerican-Tram-Set, DB-Tram-Set....

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the C-Train in it? It looks so cool.
It is looking nice and very similiar to the B-Train (same type and manufacturer). :D
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Me awaits the gift hamper :mrgreen:

Well currently I don't think I want to write any tram code, as I told Aegir already there are some problems I even have no idea for. (The busstop code already used A LOT more time then I was willing to spend)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is it possible to make a drive-through truck loading depot, basically the same thing as the bus depot except for trucks?

-edited by eis_os-
Busstops aren't very well suited for cargo, thats highly unrealistic... No(it's a tram discussion here, not about truck busstops)
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
RPharazon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by RPharazon »

RK wrote:It is looking nice and very similiar to the B-Train (same type and manufacturer). :D
Yep, it's a Siemens SD-160

And the earlier models are actually unused Siemens/DueWag/CT U2s.
Imagination! Here, you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Wee! I finished making my new sprites. They look pretty much exactly the same, only difference is that I shaded between each rail.

Also, I've been in consultation with teh Patchman, and Im going to work on a slight modification to the Electrified rail code... To allow normal trains to drive on Monorail track and vice-versa.

No promises on the patch code, and more importantly no promises on when it will get done. Im not making that mistake again.

Here are my sprites, I'll make a .grf of them pretty soon.
Attachments
Tram track sprites. Do whatever you want with them ;).
Tram track sprites. Do whatever you want with them ;).
tram.png (25.19 KiB) Viewed 1171 times

BeSt-Com
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by BeSt-Com »

a new screenie: Image

Question to the coders!!!!!
is it possible to use normal and monorail-tracks with one train??
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

BeSt-Com wrote:a new screenie:
Question to the coders!!!!!
is it possible to use normal and monorail-tracks with one train??
Yes it would be cool to do that, and of course catanary support for monorail (with a switch) would be great. :lol:
calciumcowpat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by calciumcowpat »

if you building the tramway as seaparate track does that severly hurt your town ratings because you have delete the raod then lay the tram track
What the difference between a ROUTER and a COMPUTER

A ROUTER does what its told a COMPUTER just crashes
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

Then build the tracks before the city is growing.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Are those Transrapid graphics made by yourself or do you have permission from Michael Blunck?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Graphics Development”