2CC Ship Set (Former North American Ship Set) - *Relaunched*

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2CC Ship Set (Former North American Ship Set) - *Relaunched*

Post by Ameecher »

Well then in my opinion they should either be made wider or the same width but shorter. Narrow boats, although long aren't that big in the scheme of things.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Not 150pxs but a bit longer than usual. I 've posted it before. Hmmm, must be from 2002. I never finished it though. Still they are not properly scaled as rest of vehicles, buildings. (Real Screenshot.)
Attachments
ships.png
ships.png (23.43 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

was - i think wider - ugly :?
now - she looks better with a second glance :)
s001eln.png
s001eln.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 611 times
s001emn.png
s001emn.png (13.32 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Last edited by lead@inbox on 10 Aug 2008 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

another little boat [need pixel tweak]
nbv2.pcx
(18.26 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
nbv2.png
nbv2.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You forgot the loading stages. Remember that we need a empty, half-full and full spriteset for each boat. (Though on several ships you can't see the difference, like passenger ferries and oil tankers).

---

As soon as I get time monday I'll create a website with all ships we have. It's important all ships got a complete spriteset in 2cc. Remember that fully loaded ships lay deeper in the water. I believe MB's NewShips got this feature.
DanMacK wrote:Also, Buttercup has agreed to code this for us :D
I'd like to hear from Buttercup if his coding skills allow ECS-compatibility and such :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

Purno wrote:You forgot the loading stages...
i'm tired a little, i'll do it :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I made a start on our website. I can't upload it yet, since I don't got the FTP details yet. Attached is a zip file with the website.

I'm hereby also suggesting http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ as license. Can all contributers (lead@inbox, DanMacK and buttercup) please agree with this license?
Attachments
2ccshipset.zip
(56.69 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Good start on the site, great layout :D

Love the smaller boats as well, they'll be great for inland canals, and the lake boat does look better wide. Bear in mind these things are over 600-800 feet long and 60-75 feet wide.

Keep up the excellent work. I probably won't be able to do much drawing until Thurs or Fri.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I did a small update on the website. See attached zip. Comments are welcome.
Attachments
2ccshipset.zip
(61.63 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Image Image
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by lead@inbox »

very nice site :) . I agree with the license
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Glad you all like it. Since this is they only way for me to 'save' the website (since I gotta delete it from my GF's sister's laptop at the end of the day), a slightly edited version as attached to this post.
Attachments
2ccshipset.zip
(61.71 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Image Image
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

Finally more ships

// Like the website, despite the overwhelming html-errors
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

HTML errors?
Image Image
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

According to my statusbar it contains 147 markup errors, and a quick glance at the code reveals a lot of font-tags, non-closed elements etc.

// I'm just a web standards freak
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Aye, do these kinds of HTML errors display the pages incorrect? For example, I never close a </font> when the table cell gets closed by a </td>, and the font is reset anyways. My laziness. That's how I learned it, and it became a bad habit I guess...
Image Image
YSH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YSH »

Depends on the browser, MSIE and Firefox will most likely work just fine.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Opera too.
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Just run a W3C validator over it with HTML 4.0.1 Strict, that will get you enough errors ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Perhaps it's time for me to learn standard HTML, got a link to that W3C validator?
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”