Replacing old vehicles

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Merinkroft
Engineer
Engineer

Replacing old vehicles

Post by Merinkroft »

Hello everybody!

I started openttd a viev weeks ago and am fascinated. I learned a lot but at a recent game I encountered a problem with replacing old vehicles.

Basic info:

Openttd version 1.1.0
Just one expension: tram generic
Singleplayer
Map size 256x256
Settings everything standard

My problem:

I set up a cole-transport with vehicles and everything worked fine for about 15-18 jears until the vehicles had to be replaced. I know how to do that for a group of vehicles and that has worked fine for busses but for the cole trucks i can't select a replacement vehicle.

I tried everything i know and found nothing here (at least nothing as specific) but have a theory, it is the year 1968 and mabey the first truck is too old but there is no newer avaliable. I don't think that is the case because i can buy the vehicle in the deposit but who knows.

Thanks,

Merinkroft
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Replacing old vehicles

Post by planetmaker »

Does it help you to know that there is
* autorenew (replace vehicle by same vehicle again, just new) http://wiki.openttd.org/Autorenew#Autorenew
* autoreplace (replace vehicle by different, newer vehicle type which can carry same cargo)http://wiki.openttd.org/Autoreplace
pongi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pongi »

If you have breakdowns disabled you have to send the vehicles manually to depot to be replaced (with the autorenew feature). The autorenew does not give a "send to depot" order automatically. But the vehicles will be replaced when they enter a depot for whatever reason.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

active autoreplace overrides the "disable servicing", so they will go to depot automatically. assuming they can find one.
pongi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pongi »

autoreplace yes. autorenew no.
so if you want to use the same vehicles for a route it doesn't work automatically. (at least I think you can only replace with newer vehicles.)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

There's the good old "Send for Servicing" option in the "Manage List" dropdown menu. I've found it works wonderfully with autorenew.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”