[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What kind of flag should futuristic trains have

UN Flag
46%
Olympic flag
7%
Have a suggested country
15%
No Flag
31%
Other, i've made a post about this
1%

Total votes: 249

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]2cc TrainSetThe Trains of the world in2cc.Now:2.0Beta4

Post by romazoon »

Hi

Why are railbus dm7 so much more expensive to run than for example a MAT'36 ??

That should be adjusted no ? same goes for the slower railbus...

and once more, Great job guys i love your set, the trains ! the high running cost ! and all the fun i m having with it :mrgreen:
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Please Romazoon, can you post the running cost or those railbus and MAT engines as shown in the purchase menu? Thank you.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Check Screenies...

For info i use X4 multiplier in runningcost and normal purchasing cost

This game is runned on Chills patchpack if it have anykind of importance

thanks

Edit : I added lok 2000 screenie as you also asked for it before... i unfortunately don t know which is the Taurus...
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Thanks mate! :]
Leon

Image Image Image Image
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]2cc TrainSetThe Trains of the world in2cc.Now:2.0B

Post by oberhümer »

This set is probably not complying with the GPL... It is stated in the license from BaNaNas (and on this page) that the code is under GPL, but the graphics not. That would be a violation of the GPL, as stated here. Or is a GRF file made from both together not a combined work? Then again, it says here that the complete set is under the CC-BY-NC-ND. (Just noticed because I checked if I was allowed to recode and release part of the sprites.)
What's the status on this?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

the GPL release is still beta :-)

The code is GPL since ever, graphics should now with version 2 be GPL too, at least Purno's are. I guess, the rest is still in question.

But the sources are available anyway. So it does fullfill the GPL restirctions, the only missing part is the "OK" from the people which draw something pre 1.0 for 2cc

if there are any doubts at the end ti sould be again released with the 2 licenses, speaking the grf with cc and the nfo with gpl
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

OK, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to licences and stuff like that. Should I do anything with my graphics to make them licenced or should devs do something? Please could someone explain. :roll:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Not really, you started contribution after the 1.0 release, so your stuff is already GPL.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Dankeschon. :)

I was just afraid I missed something I should have done.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

So, I have here a modification of the 2cc set(based on 2.0 beta 4) which only includes the subways. I assume after that that I may release it to the public. It's really not much, just "borrowed" verbatim original code and sprites - the only thing changed is the description. I would just like to know who drew/coded the subways and the parameter system, so that I don't have to give credit to "one or more of the following". GPL is included, tell me if you object to something, I'll put it up tomorrow if not.

---

OK, here is the "2cc Subway Set". As stated, everything in it (except the description) is copied from the 2cc Set under the terms of the GPL, which is included. You can use the same parameters as for the full 2cc set. You must use another trainset with it, as it will disable all default trains.
Attachments
2cc_Subways.zip
The set, with FULL credits to everyone taken from the 2cc set readme
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Last edited by oberhümer on 05 Oct 2010 18:35, edited 2 times in total.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The idea is fine, and good. But your attached zip file does NOT contain ANY credits (like in the readme of the original 2cctrainset) - which are a mandatory requirements for a GPL - licensed NewGRF. Please fix that immediately, also and especially for the Bananas entry. The credits need to make clear who contributed to what.

Concerning the sprite credits: you'd probably have to go through the commit log and even that might fail in cases. Mostly it'll be Purno's sprites, but...
The code is mostly DJNekkid, but I can't tell which parts you really re-used as you didn't yet publish the source. So there's likely to be some small parts by myself and the other contributors.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

OK, credits are now fixed (hopefully). I'll post the source later.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Why don't you take the credits as it's - somewhat extensively - described in the readme? That'd be appropriate IMHO. They credit more people there than you (still) do. Have you even looked at it?
And: you forgot the contribution you did yourself.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Right... Now everything should really be complete. I took the credits from the readme and added what I did, also changed the Bananas page again. Still need to put up the source though.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Thank you :-)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hello people,

I just want to tell you of a problem I encontered (and solved, somehow) in case somebody gets the same thing.

I'm using the 2cc set for a loooong time now and suddenly, all purchase costs and running costs peaked to 8 times more than usual. All other sets worked fine! I'm using the OTTD nightly and 2cc nightly all the time.

I tried everything that has crossed my mind to solve it but no go. Also, I've spoken with DJ Nekkid and he didn't even manage to reproduce my problem.

Now, suddenly, the problem disappeared. Everything works fine. What I did is deleted the .cfg file. However, the strange thing is that it has not worked the first time I did it. I deleted it a couple of times before getting it right. I don't know what happened, why or how.

Still, this is a notice to anybody who might get the same problem. Be persistant and the solution is in the .cfg file.

Cheers to all. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Voyager1 wrote:Hello people,

I just want to tell you of a problem I encontered (and solved, somehow) in case somebody gets the same thing.

I'm using the 2cc set for a loooong time now and suddenly, all purchase costs and running costs peaked to 8 times more than usual. All other sets worked fine! I'm using the OTTD nightly and 2cc nightly all the time.

I tried everything that has crossed my mind to solve it but no go. Also, I've spoken with DJ Nekkid and he didn't even manage to reproduce my problem.

Now, suddenly, the problem disappeared. Everything works fine. What I did is deleted the .cfg file. However, the strange thing is that it has not worked the first time I did it. I deleted it a couple of times before getting it right. I don't know what happened, why or how.

Still, this is a notice to anybody who might get the same problem. Be persistant and the solution is in the .cfg file.

Cheers to all. :wink:
Make sure to set the parameters everytime you update a grf (stable or nightly) as things sometimes get changed
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I didn't use any parameters, that's the weird thing. It was a plain "empty" test game, with only 2cc set and Nutracks loaded and used only for the 2cc and Nutracks nightly testing.

I don't know what happened since all games with other sets worked fine.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Okay, I see quite a bit of discussion on this last page. I feel the need to reply :P
  • All my graphics are released under GPL as I stated in my signature
  • All the metro trains listed on the website are drawn by me, but TBH I don't know if other people have altered these during my inactivity.
  • The metro tracks were originally drawn by me, but I believe there were some modifications by other people during my inactivity. Something about tunnel portals pops to mind. Again, I don't really remember everything clearly and must've missed a lot due inactivity. Are the metro track graphics even still included in the 2ccSet or do they form a seperate NewGRF?
  • I didn't make any single line of code. So for the license of that, I'm pointing in the direction of the coders. :mrgreen:
  • Even though GPL probably allows it (I hate the need for licenses), I'd rather not have different versions and variations of the 2ccSet floating around at the internet. I hope everyone working on the 2ccSet can bind their forces and efforts into one über NewGRF of pure epicness.
  • I'm still inactive, so I still miss lots of stuff, I might say silly things, and I'd like to thank you all for still continuing this set :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Purno wrote: [*]The metro tracks were originally drawn by me, but I believe there were some modifications by other people during my inactivity. Something about tunnel portals pops to mind. Again, I don't really remember everything clearly and must've missed a lot due inactivity. Are the metro track graphics even still included in the 2ccSet or do they form a seperate NewGRF?
The trainset has no tracks (nor did it ever have). Metrotracks are a separate NewGRF, IIRC coded by FooBar; I'm not sure whether NuTracks also re-uses those sprites.

Return to “Graphics Development”