[WIP] Container Mod For Locomotion

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[WIP] Container Mod For Locomotion

Post by Plastikman »

It it has been talked about a lot behind closed doors.
This mod is sort of what Halted TEH. the entire TEH was custom industries and cargoes of this nature and it got a bit crazy.

Container Mod For Locomotion:Including Sea Ports and Trucks.

What is it?
That should be obvious. How it works is not.

There are 2 versions of this mod included.

Version 1, Advanced route-builder version:

It is broken down as a "build it yourself" set of buildings that the map builder places as functional "eye candy" in the scenario editor for the player to interact with.
This version uses no industries.

Version 2, Normal player:

A set of placeable industries and a Player placeable "Eye-Candy" intermodal yard"

Both sets have a common goal "dedicated goods" from A to B and can be intermixed for a hybrid of play.

What is included:
Lots of "eye-candy" tiles (functional and non-functional)
2 Industries for point to point goal.
Semi-truck pack
Sea Port
New Road
New Road Station
New Ground Tiles
Few Secret Toys

To-Do List:
Player placeable yard scenery.
New "container unloading" Station.
Replace Asphalt Ground Tile
Replace Sea Crane base

Might Do:
Additional Warehouses

Issues:
These Industries "Need Goods" and make "Goods to a destination"

*Once you have a few goods You almost make perpetual "never ending" Destination goods.
This could be bad, it could also be nice for a BB/Zimmlock style Route map so you have a never-ending line of goods trains moving about the map.

After Beta., We might change (or add) the Goods-B warehouse to accept Goods-A (and rename it) and spit out standard goods to take to town?

*sometimes if you ignore the "buildings as industries" for a while, it takes some time to get them flowing again.
Attachments
WIP of the  MOD as it is in beta.<br /><br />Things are subject to change.
WIP of the MOD as it is in beta.

Things are subject to change.
containerport.png (135.1 KiB) Viewed 12854 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 07 Apr 2010 00:22, edited 2 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [WIP] Container Mod For Locomotion

Post by kalvingp30fan »

This is awsome! I cant wait for it too be released, after this does this mean your going to go back to TEH?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

kalvingp30fan wrote:This is awsome! I cant wait for it too be released, after this does this mean your going to go back to TEH?
I have been on TEH all week. with no dev box Im going slow. netbooks just dont have the horsepower to model in.

As the post states this started out as a bit of TEH that grew to big for TEH.

It was suposed to be the SP Freight terminal in Bakersfield.

I upgraded some of the graphics, then added a sea crane and since there is no water on the teh map.. it is now its own animal.

that said I am totaly open to ideas for this mod...

I'm sure a lot of questions wont come up till the beta rolls out.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Looking great, :shock:

Looking froward to it after your little joke!
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

actually it would make a great port for L.A. port authority.

Have you over come the problem of the city over taking the port and destroying it?
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by kalvingp30fan »

Woudnt the boundry fence things work for that?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

bluebeetle wrote:actually it would make a great port for L.A. port authority.

Have you over come the problem of the city over taking the port and destroying it?
Yes. sort of. they occasionally build a house on the port in overcrowding conditions.

the key is to not leave them any open road or use the trench road as seen in the photo. (don't use that bridge!! I found out you can tear it up later to make a turn. [road is in use])

kalvingp30fan wrote:Woudnt the boundry fence things work for that?
Not if they have free road to build on.

once a town has a connected road through a boundry, they keep on buling along the road all the way to the next town if you let them.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

How do we know that this one is real, and not a continuation of the April fools joke?
What if this time you download it and get some sort of kin kong mod or something?

No but seriously, I cant wait either.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Nice mod Plastikman. Many players will enjoy this one.

I´ve got a question. You write about a new "road station". Should i see that as a track embedded in concrete plates or asphalt? So it looks like the tracks are "inside" the road? I don´t see this on the pic.

If this is not the case with the road station is it possible to make something like that? A station type that looks like it is embedded in the road tiles.
Example 1
example 2
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Plastikman's #1 Fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Plastikman's #1 Fan »

That is probably the most awesome thing I've seen on the forums since Cargo Pack 3.1.

But, since you have sea-cranes, you now need a container ship. And probably make the sea-cranes a singular plop-able station for both ships and railroads... if that's even possible. Maybe a Mi-Jack crane, too?

I've been thinking "Locomotion really needs an intermodal port and container system..." for years, and here you are with more than I could have asked for.
DO NOT FEED THE GENIUS!
Murphy was an optimist.
Plastikman Rules! All Hail the North American Cargo Pack!
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

Plastikman's #203rd Fan wrote:probably make the sea-cranes a singular plop-able station for both ships and railroads... if that's even possible. Maybe a Mi-Jack crane, too?
Seeing that the crane is a "dock", it would be Plopable. Looking at the same image you are, I see Mi-Jacks. Knowing the limits of Locomotion, It can't be made to scale.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I am really unsure if this is public beta ready, but why not?

See first post.

Lets see what changes You guys reccomend.

There is a map included that I made a month ago based on Robo's GTA. It is not his latest version of the map.
I am not in the mood to change it all.

I think You need all my Packs, including LTD1 and LTD2... All Deko packs....Megapack with latest patch... Automod

The Map ONLY includes the Advanced Set not the Basic set. You will have to make your own map to test that..
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

This is badass. I really dig this cuz of the trucks. I also like the yard truck. It's close to what I was talking about before. I found out the name of the truck I was thinking of. It was called a 'Comando'. It was a modified OTTAWA YARD JOCKEY. It was used for the FlexiVan train cars. The wheel that was in the front was lowered to turn the truck easier to load and unload the trailers on and off the train cars. Here's a picture of one without the front wheel assembly. Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the truck with the front wheel. This truck is a 1971.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the fifth wheel raises and lowers so they didn't have to pick up the legs of the trailers.
Attachments
817837702.jpg
817837702.jpg (236.64 KiB) Viewed 12559 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 06 Apr 2010 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

You'll notice the one in the mod pack is not "clipped" yet.

I have plans for the un-clipped one... it is not meant to be drivable..
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman wrote:You'll notice the one in the mod pack is not "clipped" yet.

I have plans for the un-clipped one... it is not meant to be drivable..
Kewl. I like your ideas. Can't wait to see what ya come up with.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Anyone Want to build me a picture perfect 8x7 yard?
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by kalvingp30fan »

8 tracks wide by 7 tracks long?
I'd do it.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

i meant a static container yard...

I was thinking like this. I am deciding if 7 tiles is to wide for a lomo "station"

EDIT. ok this one is 6 tiles wide I can Make it 7.. is that to wide for a lomo player plopable scenery?
Attachments
Screenshot54.png
Screenshot54.png (149.97 KiB) Viewed 12506 times
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by kalvingp30fan »

Ill do it, I was just selecting container stuff for Cajon Pass. :P
Attachments
Screenshot2.PNG
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I think You're missing the Point...

I am talking about a 7x8 Station...

I'm Trying to decide on 2 tracks. 2 tracks or 4 in various designs

once "Plopped" you can ONLY drive where i allow it..

Maybe I'll go 8x8 or 6x6 and double the edge... .... such decisions. and once it is made, you'll see a 100 so it has to be nice...
Attachments
7x82.png
7x82.png (12.37 KiB) Viewed 12500 times
7x83.png
7x83.png (6.26 KiB) Viewed 12500 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”