Changing a railtype on a train!

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aviator85
Engineer
Engineer

Changing a railtype on a train!

Post by Aviator85 »

I'm generelly using DBSetXL on my Single player maps. I remember the Transrapid was assigned to Monorail tracks, which suites it more than the Maglev tracks (even though the Transrapid is Maglev).
Anyway somehow now it's only assigned to Maglev tracks and I rather prefer to have the default Monorail tracks for the Transrapid than the Transrapid tracks as Maglev replacement. So is there someway to edit the track type for specific trains so I can change the track type for the Transrapid (back) to Monorail?
I'm using OpenTTD 1.0.0
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Changing a railtype on a train!

Post by DJ Nekkid »

yes there is :)

decompile dbxl, find the action0 of the transrapid, find something like "05 02", put that to "05 01", recompile, and voila :)
Member of the
ImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Aviator85 wrote:So is there someway to edit the track type for specific trains so I can change the track type for the Transrapid (back) to Monorail?
Yes. De-compile the newgrf, change the track affiliation and re-compile it. Or add another newgrf which assignes the monorail graphics to the maglev tracks. Or use a track set, if there's one which changes it to sprites which suit your style.
I'm using OpenTTD 1.0.0
You don't, you lie or you're overly and unappropriately sloppy.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Aviator85 wrote: I'm generelly using DBSetXL on my Single player maps. I remember the Transrapid was assigned to Monorail tracks, which suites it more than the Maglev tracks (even though the Transrapid is Maglev).
In fact, the TR is assigned to both tracktypes. And the final outcome is controlled by TTDPatch´s unifiedmaglev switch.

I don´t know how it works out in OTTD, though.
Aviator85 wrote: Anyway somehow now it's only assigned to Maglev tracks and I rather prefer to have the default Monorail tracks for the Transrapid than the Transrapid tracks as Maglev replacement. So is there someway to edit the track type for specific trains so I can change the track type for the Transrapid (back) to Monorail?
I just don´t understand the rest of your post.

regards
Michael

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”