patch version reinstallment question..

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Gearhead
Engineer
Engineer

patch version reinstallment question..

Post by Gearhead »

First things first:
Hi all!!!
-After lurking around for quite some time now,it´s finally time to crawl up from the dark realms I´ve been roaming and become visible. :D

-I have what might be a simple problem for all u more experienced players to solve:

-After a pc-crash (damned contraption.... X( ),I reinstalled everything incl.TTDL and TTDX configurator 2.8.9..and everything seemed ok...that was until I needed to check for upgrades....
-Nightly patch r2292 has missing files so it won´t install...so my simple problem is how to get the configurator to install an earlier patch downloaded from the excellent archives...or to make it even easier:
-How do I install an earlier version than r2292 manually....?..is it even possible??(sure it has to be,if u know how..wich I don´t..hence this post)...and will the configurator recognize the installed patch as intended if installation was made through the configurator?

:bow: to all of u who spend som much time vastly improving an excellent game!
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: patch version reinstallment question..

Post by Pookey »

Try Downloading r2293, it works fine for me.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

go to http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/ to find a .zip, .tar.bz2 or .tar.gz
Make sure you get the appropriate file for your Operating System.
Either get the "win32.zip" version if you are running Windows 2000 or later (meaning XP, Vista or Windows 7)
If you are running windows 3.11, 95 or any version of 98 get the "dos.zip".

Hope that helps
Last known as: Weirdy
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No.
Get the Win32 version if you are running the Windows (DirectX) version of TTD. (Contains the file trg1r.grf)
Get the DOS version if you are running the DOS version of TTD. (Contains the file trg1.grf)

Both versions run on 9x/Me.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Gearhead
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gearhead »

No.
Get the Win32 version if you are running the Windows (DirectX) version of TTD. (Contains the file trg1r.grf)
Get the DOS version if you are running the DOS version of TTD. (Contains the file trg1.grf)

No.

Ok..thnx for the info...downloaded r2293 and so far it works without any major glitches...but nevertheless,should I feel the need to return to a nightly I know works if the latest one f***s up my game,how do I proceed after downloading it from the archive?...do I unzip the file(s) directly into the catalog where I have TTDL installed or??...

(Once again,sorry for beeing illiterate on matters like these... :oops: :oops: )
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

yes. just unzip to youur ttd folder. if it doesnt work just find an older version, download it and unzip it to your TTD folder.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Gearhead
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gearhead »

I´m gonna say it like Ned Flanders then:
-Okelidokeli..thanxilanx... :bow:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

DaleStan wrote:No.

Indeed. Thank you for the correction. It's currently in the queue to be memorised.
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “General TTDPatch”