Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Should the metro be in the set?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2004 16:34

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 14

Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

Been a while since I last checked in and I see that you have improved some of my trains, very nice. The set is looking good I hope it`s not dead yet.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It looks pretty dead to me, TBH.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

"It's not dead. It's just pining for the fjords..."

(Couldn't resist).
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Purno wrote:It looks pretty dead to me, TBH.
To me too. I won't be making any graphics contributions anymore; I just haven't got the time with all the other projects. However, I have been looking into the set lately, due to some issues on the OpenTTD platform. Having found some minor problems, I may update the set to make it work better in OpenTTD. If anyone wants to add more vehicles supply the sprites and specifications and I'll add them; this I mentioned a few months ago, but nothing has been forthcoming since.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Thanx for a great set. I absolute love it. Awsome grapichs, Really cool mecanics where you cant use more then x wagons and such. However, earlier this year "Flytoget" ordered more wagons for the BM71. Or spesificly, 1 more for each set, so in the near future the trains will run with 4 cars and not only 3. (Due to capacity problems) see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM71 for refrence. So feel free to update the set also?

The metro in oslo are also getting some new trains, MX-3000. I may try to make some graphics of it...

Code: Select all

Technical data:
Chassie: Alu
seats per 3wagon module	138
Total space per 3 wagon module including staing spaced (4ppl/m2) 493
Weight 3-vognsmodul (empty)	98 tonn
Total enginepower pr 3-vognsmodul	1680 kW
one wagon would take ~165 passangers, so this train should perhaps be made the same way as the Transrapid in the UKRS-set by pikkabird, or you need to actually buy 3 of the engine, as the "mu-wagon" only take 50 ppl...
I could not find the max/cruising speed in any website, but i would guess perhaps somewhere around 120km/h ?

EDIT!:

here is a picture of the metro:
Image Image
Attachments
Commets pls!
Commets pls!
mx3000.PNG (7.82 KiB) Viewed 9315 times
Member of the
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Not bad for a first try, in general I'd say use less bright colors. The shape of the front is a bit off but that requires practising. I'd suggest you read my tutorials if you haven't done so and take a look at other peoples work for ideas. I'm not too sure wether you can use the bright purple/magenta color (looks like RGB 255,0,255 which could be a special color).

Keep practising, you'll probably want to redraw this train when you got more experience. :)

One thing I notice is that you drew the front window as completely blue, but at the picture I can see not the whole front is glass, there's black too. It's all about the details ;).

The doors seem to be darker too in the picture.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

well, thanx...

i did use your tutorial, that is probably why it turned out somewhat nice... and yes, i know i used the magenta, but isnt that where the company color go? and the details are so hard as i only have this many pixels :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

7of9 wrote:i know i used the magenta, but isnt that where the company color go?
No. The company colours are blue and green, take a look at the default vehicle sprites, they're dark blue rather than pink ;)
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

oh...

edit:

what color is the CC-color then? or the overlay of such

edit again:

did some updates, better now? The front seems flatter... :)

3rd edit:

with blue suroundings :)
Attachments
mx3k.PNG
mx3k.PNG (5.81 KiB) Viewed 9227 times
mx3k-blue.png
mx3k-blue.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 9212 times
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Have a look at this Wiki article. There's an explanation of the palette and shows which colours you can use and which you can't use.

Be careful with the CC-blue and only use it if you want to add company colours to your vehicles. Use the other shades of blue if you want to use static blue colours (non-CC). Also don't touch water, block, fire, red and yellow cycle colours.

I attached a 'safe palette' with only the colours you can safely use. The action and company colours are left out. The only white you should use is the one in the upper right corner (actually RGB 252,252,252).
Attachments
SafePalette.png
SafePalette.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 9218 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

isnt that the same plaette that is in my files? thats from pruno's tutorial site...
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Nope. Your (Purno's) palette contains all available colours, including Action- and Company Colours. My palette only contains 'safe' colours, i.e. no Action- or Company Colours.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:no Action- or Company Colours.
Except for the 2nd company color (which is optional, I know) and transparent blue.
Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Here is the "final" product. Neither perfect or anything, but it's a cool addon :)
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

updated with a new version of my addon :)

now it have is own wagons and it runs on monorails to simulate metro/3rd rail :)

Ps. How can i make it so that it can only have an X ammount of wagons attached?

edit; updated with new version
Attachments
mx3k.grf
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 2605 times
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 01 Mar 2008 22:22, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the
ImageImage
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Callback 1D.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Thanx mister! I'll check it out :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

7of9 wrote:now it have is own wagons and it runs on monorails to simulate metro/3rd rail :)
There should be some Metro Rail GRF available somewhere. Ask XeryusTC about it.
Image Image
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

A new or updated version of a GRF is worth to bring the thread in front, at least if it was about 2 months ago since last post. For people, who are watching this forum, imo, its helpful.

Greets
Ammler
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

:) I played with this grf on #openttdcoop server and I'm really pleased :)
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.

Return to “Graphics Development”