Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1227 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 6062 Next

Should the metro be in the set?
Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:34 pm
Yes 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:51 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Been a while since I last checked in and I see that you have improved some of my trains, very nice. The set is looking good I hope it`s not dead yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:59 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It looks pretty dead to me, TBH.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:57 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

"It's not dead. It's just pining for the fjords..."

(Couldn't resist).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:36 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Purno wrote:
It looks pretty dead to me, TBH.

To me too. I won't be making any graphics contributions anymore; I just haven't got the time with all the other projects. However, I have been looking into the set lately, due to some issues on the OpenTTD platform. Having found some minor problems, I may update the set to make it work better in OpenTTD. If anyone wants to add more vehicles supply the sprites and specifications and I'll add them; this I mentioned a few months ago, but nothing has been forthcoming since.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:17 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanx for a great set. I absolute love it. Awsome grapichs, Really cool mecanics where you cant use more then x wagons and such. However, earlier this year "Flytoget" ordered more wagons for the BM71. Or spesificly, 1 more for each set, so in the near future the trains will run with 4 cars and not only 3. (Due to capacity problems) see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM71 for refrence. So feel free to update the set also?

The metro in oslo are also getting some new trains, MX-3000. I may try to make some graphics of it...

Code:
Technical data:
Chassie: Alu
seats per 3wagon module   138
Total space per 3 wagon module including staing spaced (4ppl/m2) 493
Weight 3-vognsmodul (empty)   98 tonn
Total enginepower pr 3-vognsmodul   1680 kW

one wagon would take ~165 passangers, so this train should perhaps be made the same way as the Transrapid in the UKRS-set by pikkabird, or you need to actually buy 3 of the engine, as the "mu-wagon" only take 50 ppl...
I could not find the max/cruising speed in any website, but i would guess perhaps somewhere around 120km/h ?

EDIT!:

here is a picture of the metro:
Image Image

Attachments:
File comment: Commets pls!
mx3000.PNG
mx3000.PNG [ 7.82 KiB | Viewed 5950 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:28 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Not bad for a first try, in general I'd say use less bright colors. The shape of the front is a bit off but that requires practising. I'd suggest you read my tutorials if you haven't done so and take a look at other peoples work for ideas. I'm not too sure wether you can use the bright purple/magenta color (looks like RGB 255,0,255 which could be a special color).

Keep practising, you'll probably want to redraw this train when you got more experience. :)

One thing I notice is that you drew the front window as completely blue, but at the picture I can see not the whole front is glass, there's black too. It's all about the details ;).

The doors seem to be darker too in the picture.

GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:41 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

well, thanx...

i did use your tutorial, that is probably why it turned out somewhat nice... and yes, i know i used the magenta, but isnt that where the company color go? and the details are so hard as i only have this many pixels :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:55 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

7of9 wrote:
i know i used the magenta, but isnt that where the company color go?

No. The company colours are blue and green, take a look at the default vehicle sprites, they're dark blue rather than pink ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:00 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

oh...

edit:

what color is the CC-color then? or the overlay of such

edit again:

did some updates, better now? The front seems flatter... :)

3rd edit:

with blue suroundings :)

Attachments:
mx3k.PNG
mx3k.PNG [ 5.81 KiB | Viewed 5861 times ]
mx3k-blue.png
mx3k-blue.png [ 5.08 KiB | Viewed 5846 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:02 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Have a look at this Wiki article. There's an explanation of the palette and shows which colours you can use and which you can't use.

Be careful with the CC-blue and only use it if you want to add company colours to your vehicles. Use the other shades of blue if you want to use static blue colours (non-CC). Also don't touch water, block, fire, red and yellow cycle colours.

I attached a 'safe palette' with only the colours you can safely use. The action and company colours are left out. The only white you should use is the one in the upper right corner (actually RGB 252,252,252).

Attachments:
SafePalette.png
SafePalette.png [ 1.1 KiB | Viewed 5852 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:42 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

isnt that the same plaette that is in my files? thats from pruno's tutorial site...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:51 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Nope. Your (Purno's) palette contains all available colours, including Action- and Company Colours. My palette only contains 'safe' colours, i.e. no Action- or Company Colours.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:21 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

FooBar wrote:
no Action- or Company Colours.

Except for the 2nd company color (which is optional, I know) and transparent blue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:31 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Here is the "final" product. Neither perfect or anything, but it's a cool addon :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:29 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

updated with a new version of my addon :)

now it have is own wagons and it runs on monorails to simulate metro/3rd rail :)

Ps. How can i make it so that it can only have an X ammount of wagons attached?

edit; updated with new version

Attachments:
mx3k.grf [3.61 KiB]
Downloaded 1951 times

Last edited by DJ Nekkid on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:53 am 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Callback 1D.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:01 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanx mister! I'll check it out :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:10 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

7of9 wrote:
now it have is own wagons and it runs on monorails to simulate metro/3rd rail :)

There should be some Metro Rail GRF available somewhere. Ask XeryusTC about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:52 pm 
President
President

A new or updated version of a GRF is worth to bring the thread in front, at least if it was about 2 months ago since last post. For people, who are watching this forum, imo, its helpful.

Greets
Ammler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:19 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

:) I played with this grf on #openttdcoop server and I'm really pleased :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1227 posts ]  Go to page Previous 156 57 58 59 6062 Next