Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by FooBar »

I'm sorry to bring that up again. To be honest, I didn't read every single post, but merely drooled at the sight of the screenshots...

About that tool...If real life allows, I could try and see if I can come up with something written in php. Should be possible to make something like that using regular expressions. I have christmas holidays in two weeks, so I should have at least one day to play around with that. Could you send me a couple of hundred lines of sample NFO code to test with?
If I can get it to work, you're the first to know.

And...
...keep up the good work! I really appreciate the effort you put into making this set!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:I'm sorry to bring that up again. To be honest, I didn't read every single post, but merely drooled at the sight of the screenshots...
ok
About that tool...If real life allows, I could try and see if I can come up with something written in php. Should be possible to make something like that using regular expressions. I have christmas holidays in two weeks, so I should have at least one day to play around with that.
That'd be cool. Could you please make it a stand alone application?
Could you send me a couple of hundred lines of sample NFO code to test with?
Sure, I can PM you some stuff.
If I can get it to work, you're the first to know.

And...
...keep up the good work! I really appreciate the effort you put into making this set!
Thanks.

---

Then a GRFMaker related question. I know how to make tenders (though I still don't really understand it), I know how to make random liveries and I know how to make wagons shorter. However, this one steamer with length 6/8 and a tender with length 4/8, both with two liveries randomly chosen, won't work (tender doesn't appear). Can any GRFMaker-expert help me on this one? I can send you (a piece of) the code.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Purno wrote:Could you please make it a stand alone application?
Application, yes. Stand alone, no. PHP files need to be executed on a web server with php installed. You could install a web server with php on your local machine (I have wamp running for developing purposes).

I can also put it on my web hosting provider's server. That way, you only need to open a webpage, upload the NFO and an adjusted version will be made available for direct download (or, if I'm lazy, you need to copy the NFO file contents into a text area and copy the new version from another text area, but that shouldn't be too much of a trouble, I guess).

Just drop the sample NFO in my PM box any time. EDIT: got it. Thanks.
Deblaauwn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Deblaauwn »

It's great to see the development steaming full forward. Keep up the good work!
Traffic Manager, how about that!

My rather old Screenshot Thread
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

FooBar wrote:
Purno wrote:Could you please make it a stand alone application?
Application, yes. Stand alone, no. PHP files need to be executed on a web server with php installed. You could install a web server with php on your local machine (I have wamp running for developing purposes).

I can also put it on my web hosting provider's server. That way, you only need to open a webpage, upload the NFO and an adjusted version will be made available for direct download (or, if I'm lazy, you need to copy the NFO file contents into a text area and copy the new version from another text area, but that shouldn't be too much of a trouble, I guess).

Just drop the sample NFO in my PM box any time. EDIT: got it. Thanks.
You don't happen to be Purno's brother, do you, FooBar?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

No he isn't. ;)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dutch Trainset's Progress List:
  • Mat '24 "Blokkedoos": finished
  • Mat '34 "Vlieg. Holl": finished
  • Mat '36/'40/'46: Needs to be alligned
  • Mat '41: finished
  • Plan X: Needs to be coded
  • Mat '54 "Hondekop": Needs to be alligned
  • NS/SBB DE-IV TEE: finished
  • Plan U "Diesel Drie": finished
  • Mat '64: finished
  • Plan Y "Sprinter": Needs to be alligned
  • ICM "Koploper": finished
  • DH-I "Wadloper": finished
  • SM '90 "Railhopper": finished
  • DM '90 "Buffel": finished
  • DD-IRM "RegioRunner": Needs to be coded, sprites missing
  • TGV Thalys: finished
  • ICE-3: finished
  • Lint 41-H: finished
  • NS "LighTTrain": finished
  • GTW: finished
  • HSA: finished
  • NS 1000: Needs wagon override and allignment fix
  • NS 1100: Needs to be coded
  • NS 1200: Needs wagon override
  • NS 1300: Needs to be coded
  • NS 2600: Needs to be coded
  • NS 2400: Needs to be coded
  • NS 2200: Needs to be coded
  • NS mP: Needs to be coded
  • NS 1500: Needs wagon override
  • NMBS 25.5: Needs wagon override
  • NS 1600: Needs to be coded
  • NMBS 11.8: finished
  • NS 6400: finished
  • mDDm: finished
  • Class 67: finished
  • Class 66: finished
  • BR232: finished
  • Class 58: finished
  • G1206: finished
  • NS 1600P: Needs to be coded
  • G2000: finished
  • NS 100 "Oersik": finished
  • NS 200 "Sik": finished
  • NS 3700: Code is broken
  • NS 6200: finished
  • NS 2100: Needs wagon override
  • NS 4600: Needs to be coded
  • NS 3900: Needs to be coded
  • NS 6300: finished
  • NS 4700: Needs to be coded
  • NS 5000-II: Needs to be coded
Of all the VehIDs, 51% is completely finished!

---
Purno wrote:Then a GRFMaker related question. I know how to make tenders (though I still don't really understand it), I know how to make random liveries and I know how to make wagons shorter. However, this one steamer with length 6/8 and a tender with length 4/8, both with two liveries randomly chosen, won't work (tender doesn't appear). Can any GRFMaker-expert help me on this one? I can send you (a piece of) the code.
Anyone...?
Image Image
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Could someone please point me in the direction of the Dutch signals grf? The link on GRFCrawler appears to be broken...

Thanks!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ah, apparantly the website is so badly broken the download page is unavailable. Thanks for telling us.

I'll update the GRFCrawler entries ASAP.

EDIT: GRFCrawler entries updated with a link to this post.
Attachments
dutchcat.zip
Dutch Catenary
(13.6 KiB) Downloaded 5337 times
dutchsig.zip
Dutch Signals
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 3005 times
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Two new ones fully coded. (53% now)
Attachments
Zwaagmaar Transport, 15th Mar 2020.png
Zwaagmaar Transport, 15th Mar 2020.png (28.36 KiB) Viewed 37136 times
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

A bit low, isn't it? Looks like it's running with the left hand wheel on the right hand track. :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

sshht, we know, we know. :wink:

those trains look... arousing. rather brilliant, i have to say.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
wilco1986
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wilco1986 »

It is asked before, but is it possible to release a pre-release? I can not wait to use this set!!
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

PikkaBird wrote: Looks like it's running with the left hand wheel on the right hand track.
That´s because of the oncoming traffic. It´s a clever method to spare the second track. 8)

regards
Michael
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

wilco1986 wrote:It is asked before, but is it possible to release a pre-release? I can not wait to use this set!!
I'm trying to discuss with Hyronymus, he just needs to pop online. ;)
Drogenzaal Transport, 27th Apr 1971.png
Drogenzaal Transport, 27th Apr 1971.png (38.97 KiB) Viewed 36959 times
58% fully completed.
Image Image
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

That's going fast! Let's not disturb Purno too much, guys!
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

I just send a mail to NS and the Spoorwegmuseum for some information about passenger coach liveries and the locs which dragged them. I'll keep you posted when more info is available.

Purno, those trains look great, but I notice a livery change between the two non-RegioRunners on the picture... Is this coded this way, or is there a wrong train on the lower right track?

I just wonder, an ACTS loc in your latest screenie pulling passenger coaches (most right platform)... I thought those locs were only used for non-pax transport... Also IMO the Koploper looks kinda very blue to me. Further, I just can't wait to help you guys along with the coding (since GRFMaker runs clean of errors for the coding part, sprite selection keeps bugging) or to play with the Full Set.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

In reverse order:
The blue looks bluer in the snow than it does in the grass. On grass it looks quite ok to me - shouldn't be any darker or it won't stand out.

What makes you think the locomotive is ACTS? I think it's just a rather old locomotive (1200?)

The two non-Regiorunners have different liveries - the one top left is either a Koploper which looks very strange or a Mat '54 in IC livery, with the one on the right a '54 or '64 in local train livery.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:I just send a mail to NS and the Spoorwegmuseum for some information about passenger coach liveries and the locs which dragged them. I'll keep you posted when more info is available.
And what about the National Model Railway Museum in Sneek?
Purno, those trains look great, but I notice a livery change between the two non-RegioRunners on the picture... Is this coded this way, or is there a wrong train on the lower right track?
A 12-car RegioRunner will automatically consist of 2 MUs of 6 coaches. All others have 3 or 4 coaches per MU (due to missing sprites). The other trains are Mat'54's. After a specific date they'll randomly choose between the stoptrein and intercity livery.
I just wonder, an ACTS loc in your latest screenie pulling passenger coaches (most right platform)... I thought those locs were only used for non-pax transport...
After a specific date the NS 1200 will turn in ACTS livery as nowadays that's the livery it's been used for. It still can pull passenger coaches then, simply because I do not know how to prevent that. (I even don't know wether I want to prevent that at all or not).
Also IMO the Koploper looks kinda very blue to me.
That's probably because it's an Wrd, not a Koploper.
Further, I just can't wait to help you guys along with the coding (since GRFMaker runs clean of errors for the coding part, sprite selection keeps bugging) or to play with the Full Set.
ATM I'm better off coding alone, since having multiple coders working on the same GRF makes things a bit messy.
MJS wrote:In reverse order:
The blue looks bluer in the snow than it does in the grass. On grass it looks quite ok to me - shouldn't be any darker or it won't stand out.
Ok.
What makes you think the locomotive is ACTS? I think it's just a rather old locomotive (1200?)
The 1200 also had a darkblue livery from the NS. Besides, are you guys sure you don't confuse the engine with the NS 1000?
The two non-Regiorunners have different liveries - the one top left is either a Koploper which looks very strange or a Mat '54 in IC livery, with the one on the right a '54 or '64 in local train livery.
Those are both Mat'54s, one 4 car consist in intercity livery, and one 2+2 car consist in local livery.
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

[quote] Purno:

And what about the National Model Railway Museum in Sneek?

[quote]

I've contacted them by e-mail this evening. Hopefully they provide us with enough information!!!

I'll let you know when I've got an answer from them!

Greetz,

Hoontje :D
Oh wauw! :bow:

Return to “Graphics Development”