Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch stations set

Post by lobster »

ooooh, promising! :D
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Let me add them to the rest of my stations. :D
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Vloris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vloris »

Nice!!!
Maybe I can try them out in my current German DB-set based game, some towns in the west might very well be Dutch towns :P
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I got a new one, with some added platforms.
Attachments
dutch_set.grf
dos
(63.6 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
dutchstatw.grf
windows
(94.67 KiB) Downloaded 1007 times
screenshot
screenshot
amsterdam.png (15.46 KiB) Viewed 44611 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Very nice, consider it downloaded!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Ammler
President
President

Re:

Post by Ammler »

Pug wrote:The only things that looks out of place are the platforms on both sides, but I guess that can't be helped in TT.
Something like this:
http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/sidings.png
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Thank you Xeryus for coding my station platforms! I really hope everyone likes this set that is forming now.

@ Ammler,

I have already created graphics for it, please look here:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=419618#p419618
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=419174#p419174
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Very nice indeed! I really like the looks of this set. Especially when we get some Dutch trains to put on the tracks!

I also noticed the use of some action colours in the signs below the single-platform Amsterdam roofs. Doesn't seem to be completely right.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

New version with a non-track platform and the Vorden station building. I also fixed the action color problem.
Attachments
dutch_set.grf
dos
(63.6 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
dutchstatw.grf
windows
(105.1 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Very nice. I also noticed some weird stuff going on with the 'Station name sign' type of platform.

Have a look at the attached screenshot. First I built two stations like the one to the left using only 'Station name sign'. After that I added a CTA and a 'Train schedule sign' to the station at the right. Automagically some stairs were added to the center tile. I doesn't look it should be there!

Apart from that it's a great set!
Attachments
dutchstat.png
dutchstat.png (16.13 KiB) Viewed 44429 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Seems to be a TTDP only bug. I will look into it.

Edit: I think it is TTDP not properly updating the station information on all tiles again. Or it horribly fails on shifting at the VarAction2s as it seems to switch platform number with position along platform. I don't think that there is much that I can do about it as my VarAction2s seem to be correct.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

What does Cht:grfdebug tell you? Does it show you the numbers you expected to get? If so, your NFO is wrong, somewhere, somehow. If not, make sure that it's not your understanding of the spec that's wrong, and then post at least a screenshot, the GRF, and grfdebug.log, reporting where you got unexpected value(s) and what value(s) you expected instead.

Including a savegame and the NFO would also be a good thing.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

XeryusTC wrote:New version with a non-track platform and the Vorden station building. I also fixed the action color problem.
I don't know but isn't it better to edit the first post and add the newest version instead of posting it multiple times ?
I can change the author of the first post cause it's Bastiaan, so you can edit it yourself !
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Ooops: DOS filename, better be "8.3". It is 9.3. I hate adding "6"~1. :wink:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

spaceman-spiff wrote:...isn't it better to edit the first post and add the newest version instead of posting it multiple times ?
I agree entirely. I wish everyone would do that with all file releases :)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

spaceman-spiff wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:New version with a non-track platform and the Vorden station building. I also fixed the action color problem.
I don't know but isn't it better to edit the first post and add the newest version instead of posting it multiple times ?
I can change the author of the first post cause it's Bastiaan, so you can edit it yourself !
It's ok with me if Bastiaan agrees with it.
DaleStan wrote:What does Cht:grfdebug tell you?
It doesn't tell me a thing because I couldn't get myself to run it and look into the file. Even with that tool of yours it is sometimes still hard to doctor out what is happening.
athansios wrote:Ooops: DOS filename, better be "8.3". It is 9.3. I hate adding "6"~1.
Using mv isn't that hard...
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I'm making a double post, just because I can.

I've added Winterswijk, Culemborg and Assen.

I haven't come around to fix the station name tiles yet, I have to make the part of the NFO with that part make more sense before and that'll require quite some time of fiddling.
Attachments
dutchstatw.grf
windows
(121.71 KiB) Downloaded 11539 times
dutchstat.grf
dos
(121.65 KiB) Downloaded 2883 times
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

quality ace!! Culemborg massiv!!
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Screens please? :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I love these buildings finally being coded. Thank you Xeryus for coding my drawings.

Return to “Graphics Development”