Cheap as Grass

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Cheap as Grass

Post by Raichase »

What I mean is, all of the platform types in TTD cost the same. I can build a grass platform for the same price as a platform with a giant glass roof over it.

Perhaps it could be possible for GRF authors to set varying prices for their station tiles, so that stations cost more, the more stuff people put on them?

Just throwing it out there :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

This is an excellent suggestion ...
... with an added proviso ...
DON"T GO HOG WILD WITH THIS!
We have ample examples of grf authors taking pricing to the extreme with the result being that rather than enhancing game play and enjoyment, it actually became a chore to be avoided at all costs (pun very much intended)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Interesting idea, but IMO not worth the effort, TBH.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Suggestions”