Michael Blunck's new graphics [http://www.ttdpatch.de/]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5941
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 07:09
Contact:

Post by michael blunck »

> Are the "push-pull" gonna work on every train (steamers and maglevs too)?

No. Due to the complicated implementation needed for this to work (TTDPatch is lacking a general push-pull feature still ATM) it´ll be restricted to just a couple of engines. Which isn´t too much of a hassle because many older engines of the set were never equipped with such a feature in reality.

> Are this gonna work when you are using engines on both sides? or using for example an electric engine on one end and a diesel on the other one?

No. One engine would be sufficient for this to work. A special "driving trailer" would be required at the other end of the train, though. If a driving trailer is in place and the engine is equipped for push-pull service and the coaches are correct as well, than such a train behaves as a push-pull train, i.e. travels forwards and backwards.

> Can you manually choose between the different liveries of the trains or it will be chosen randomly or is it gonna cycle between them?

Livery choice is usually by refitting, i.e. long-distance coaches can be refitted to special services like "TEE", "Lufthansa Airport Express", "Metropolitan", etc., by the normal refitting menu, and local coaches can be refitted to "S-Bahn". In case a specially liveried engine is needed, this will be decided upon existence of those specially refitted coaches automagically.

Coaches in the DB set aren´t repainted by random.

regards
Michael
Image
User avatar
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3053
Joined: 24 Feb 2003 18:45
Location: Hong Kong

Post by Darkvater »

I downloaded the latest newstations set, and although both the readme and download link says it's supposedly 0.44 it shows up as v0.42 05.09.05 Am I missing something very obvious here or v0.44 has not yet been released, or it has but everyone, including Michael failed to notice?

/me feels kinda stupid to ask this...
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5941
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 07:09
Contact:

Post by michael blunck »

This has come up before: I forgot to update the version number in the action08 of the NewStations .grfs. Nevertheless, if you have non-track station tiles it´s 0.43 and if the station of Taucha has chimneys, it´s 0.44.

regards
Michael
Image
User avatar
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3053
Joined: 24 Feb 2003 18:45
Location: Hong Kong

Post by Darkvater »

michael blunck wrote:This has come up before: I forgot to update the version number in the action08 of the NewStations .grfs. Nevertheless, if you have non-track station tiles it´s 0.43 and if the station of Taucha has chimneys, it´s 0.44.

regards
Michael
Thank you very much for your answer. I do have v0.44 then. I think I got confused both by the fact that the grf had the "wrong" version and the readme (I did read it :) ) was also for Version 0.4 - Apr 5th, 2005 and the GRFID in there doesn't match the downloaded one. To worsen my confusion were the 'missing' 'small freight station', 'piece goods station' etc, intermixed with already existing stations on your website. This led me to believe that somehow an outdated version found its way for download. My mistake :)

And might I say: marvellous graphics :D
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
User avatar
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 226
Joined: 07 Oct 2006 10:12
Location: Norway, but Danish...

Post by Michael24 »

Is the graphics on the top picture under puzzels on your website available graphics.

Mostly thinking of the cranes, building and docking feature. :)
User avatar
Colonel32
President
President
Posts: 951
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 18:41
Location: Prague, Czech rep.
Contact:

Post by Colonel32 »

I have recently had a few problems with the "long-distance cars required" feature in the 0.82 verison of DBsetxl.

This restriction had had resulted in:

Beeing unable to multihead express trains, aka BR103, because when I tried to add a seccond engine, it said : "long-distance cars required"

And I was unable to clone ICE1 trains. For some reason, all the clones ened up without the seccond engine, and when i tried to buy it with ctr pressed, and add it at the end of the train, it said: "long-distance cars required"


Are these things bugs or features...?
Image
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5941
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 07:09
Contact:

Post by michael blunck »

@Michael24
> Is the graphics on the top picture under puzzels on your website available graphics.

No. These have been just drawings for those puzzles. And yeah, they´re over 4 years old now, and there will be better cranes and other stuff for freight stations in the NewStation set soon.

@Colonel32
> [...] unable to multihead express trains, aka BR103, because when I tried to add a seccond engine, it said : "long-distance cars required"

I think that´s a feature. You may not multihead the BR103 because that engine is longer than 32px and multiheading it would result into a very ugly graphics representation. However, I´ll have to take a look why the message "long-distance ..." is displayed in that case.

> I was unable to clone ICE1 trains. For some reason, all the clones ened up without the seccond engine [...]

I´ll have to investigate into this as well. In any way, "cloning" is a very recent feature in contrast to v0.82 of the DBXL.

Thanks for pointing out these bugs.

regards
Michael
Image
User avatar
lifeblood
President
President
Posts: 931
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 22:44

Post by lifeblood »

Colonel32 wrote:And I was unable to clone ICE1 trains. For some reason, all the clones ened up without the seccond engine, and when i tried to buy it with ctr pressed, and add it at the end of the train, it said: "long-distance cars required"
I've had this happen with all MUs in the Serbian Set too. I think it is a bug with the clone train feature.
User avatar
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3381
Joined: 17 Oct 2005 20:56
Location: Estonia

Post by ISA »

michael blunck wrote: > I was unable to clone ICE1 trains. For some reason, all the clones ened up without the seccond engine [...]
I´ll have to investigate into this as well. In any way, "cloning" is a very recent feature in contrast to v0.82 of the DBXL.
Thanks for pointing out these bugs.
regards
Michael
I reported it in here. And It should be fixed by Lakie in nightly 1291
Last edited by ISA on 04 Jan 2007 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer
Posts: 1799
Joined: 26 May 2004 16:37
Location: Britain
Contact:

Post by Lakie »

It should be fixed since r1291, however the nightlies have yet to catchup (still on r1920).

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
User avatar
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 8515
Joined: 08 Jul 2004 22:14
Skype: wile.e.coyote2
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

lifeblood wrote:
Colonel32 wrote:And I was unable to clone ICE1 trains. For some reason, all the clones ened up without the seccond engine, and when i tried to buy it with ctr pressed, and add it at the end of the train, it said: "long-distance cars required"
I've had this happen with all MUs in the Serbian Set too. I think it is a bug with the clone train feature.
Probably because all MUs in Serbian set have attaching restriction, in combination with Patch error. I suppose there is such thing with Michael's set too.
And please, report feedback in Serbian rail set thread.
Michael, sorry for off-topic.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.


Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer
Posts: 1659
Joined: 30 Mar 2005 09:43

Post by peter1138 »

DonRazzi wrote:By the way, a small question: Would it be hard to set the starting date of the early locos to the real dates to have locos available before 1920? I don't know how it's in TTDP, but in OpenTTD it's possible to start before 1920 and it would be super awesome to have a big net running before the start of the "Rheingold"...
As Michael won't support this in DBSetXL itself (I'm not suggesting he should), you could make a separate GRF that modifies the start date and max age properties, etc, to allow this. Possibly.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5941
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 07:09
Contact:

Post by michael blunck »

[wallyweb in "North American Industry Set"]

It would appear that we have drawn Michael out of his laboratory/studio just a bit. Did you say animated, Mr. Blunck?
Yes, indeed. 8)

regards
Michael
Attachments
salt3.png
salt3.png (14.25 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
salt2.png
salt2.png (14.5 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
salt1.png
salt1.png (14.51 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
Image
User avatar
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5947
Joined: 27 Nov 2004 15:05
Location: Canada

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:
[wallyweb in "North American Industry Set"]

It would appear that we have drawn Michael out of his laboratory/studio just a bit. Did you say animated, Mr. Blunck?
Yes, indeed. 8)

regards
Michael
Heh! Here I was looking for changes in the salt pans, when all of a sudden, I caught that little train trying to sneak out with another load. :wink: Excellent work Mr. Blunck! :D
User avatar
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5664
Joined: 21 Dec 2003 23:30
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Contact:

Post by lobster »

i'm stunned and awaiting this in awe. surely michael, this looks in a far state of finished-ness. is it?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Image

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
User avatar
Dave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17243
Joined: 26 Dec 2005 20:19
Location: North London

Post by Dave »

/me chokes.

Amazing.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr


Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
User avatar
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3906
Joined: 27 Feb 2004 20:03
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by DanMacK »

:shock: :shock: Wow.... Nice work Michael!!! Looks awesome. Can't wait to see more.
User avatar
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Posts: 11509
Joined: 15 Dec 2002 00:58
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...
Contact:

Post by Raichase »

I told you he had some funky stuff cooked up... This, I hadn't seen, and it looks fantastic :D.

Thing I like best, is how all the industires are in the same style as Michaels industrial stations, so they mesh properly no matter what he does.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
User avatar
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer
Posts: 759
Joined: 24 Jul 2005 05:07
Location: Canberra, Australia
Contact:

Post by stevenh »

That's built on a single-line of peninsula yeh? A total of 4 'points' raised from the shore-line? I'd therefore take it that those station tiles use optical-illusion for the 'sunken' feeling? (Not unlike what Pikka did for his quarries...)
What happens when these are built in-land?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 5941
Joined: 27 Apr 2005 07:09
Contact:

Post by michael blunck »

Thanks all for your kind words. 8)

@wallyweb
> Here I was looking for changes in the salt pans [...]

There are. The whole salt production process is shown.

@stevenh
> That's built on a single-line of peninsula yeh?

No, it´s built on a coast line, partly on land and partly on water.

> I'd therefore take it that those station tiles use optical-illusion [...]

The only thing unusal is that it uses Csabas "custom slopes" in an intelligent way.

regards
Michael
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests