Moderator: Graphics Moderators
Note, from v0.9.0 ISR does not support TTDPatch. TTDPatch players should use v0.8.2 which can also be found via the link above.
--- Original post follows ---
This is a project to work on the original industrial stations, made by Arte Pro, Norfolksouthern, and Oz.
I am working along with Aegir and Oz (and I hope the other 2 artists join in too, but they haven't been around lately...) Eventually, Born Acorn, Zimmlock and Ben_K also joined the project, collaborating with their fantastic art.
As for the coding, after a long bracket, Maedhros gave a push to the set preparing pretty much all the basic coding, and then mart3p continued the work, adding a lot of new features.
Here are some new features:
- Full coverage for all the basic cargos for temperate, arctic and tropical climates; and some of the advanced ones (mainly PikkaBird's Industry set and the ECS)
- Compatibility between tiles and freedom to combine them
- PBS sensitive tiles: some tiles react when they detect a train entering the track. The "train shed" facility opens its doors, for example.
- Animated tiles: some tiles include animation when they detect train activity. The "overhead crane" facility starts moving forth and back when a train is loading / unloading.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Current version available at the DevZone. However, currently we are in the process of adding a lot of new parts, so check out the latest posts for the most up-to date versions.
The GRF is still very incomplete, and since a lot of new parts are constantly added and stations categories are constantly switched, it's possible that you find trains stuck inside non-track tile stations and the program might crash.
To fix a savegame where you had an older version of the industrial stations renewal after updating the GRF file: first, deactivate indstatr(w).GRF in your newgrf list. Then, load the game, make sure that in the "new graphics status" you have the Industrial renewal set deactivated, replace all the stations with any other stations and save it (Note that even if after unload the Industrial Stations Renewal your stations look like default, if you don't replace them, this won't work) . Now, exit the game, and activate again the GRF file in your newgrf list. Then, you load again the game, activate the set, and manually replace all the stations.
It's a bit long to do, and it can be a nuisance to re-build anew all the industrial stations you had, but hey, it's a test GRF and our coder is doing an awesome work compiling all the work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
- moo.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 115572 times
Reason: Updated the first post as requested
I don't have anything special with cows, but those ladies look quite ok. Nice work. Can't we place them in the countryside somewhere random, in stead of those grain-fields or sth?Sanchimaru wrote:moo!
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
I'm glad you liked them!
Actually this was just a silly joke to show something new that is coming:
I was tralking with Aegir and we decided to renew the Industrial Stations set. Currently it is quite old, and with the last patches, some glitches have appeared.
So we decided to make justice to such a nice set, and with the help of Oz and hopefully the other original artists: Norkolfsouthern and Arte Pro; we will give a boost to this set.
Basically this is what we have in mind:
- Make more stations. To have at least one station for each cargo (paper, iron ore, water...)
- Make common elements, so that one can have a combined station that looks nice (eg: oil + coal) Common elements include common track bases, stop buffers, platforms, office buildings, etc.
Take a look at the images to see a preview of what's coming:
- As you can see in "industrial.png" the bases have transparent zones (the ones in blue) so that they can fit any climate and most important, any track type (monorail, maglev, narrow gauge...)
- Now this is the original meaning of the "moo" joke: I began drawing a new livestock station. This is done from scratch, but I might also use the original sprites and put there pigs.
In "cattle.png" you cans ee a cattle dock, with some sheds and an ellevated dock to make them ride the train. The platforms to the right are the default platforms and ramps. As you can see they match the height and the wall of the cattle dock, so you could for example add a ramp at the north end of the cattle dock if you want.
All the livestock tiles get crowded depending on the waiting cargo. This is where our friends from the 1st post enter
More is to come!
- cattle.png (54.44 KiB) Viewed 115024 times
- industrial.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 114803 times
- TTDPatch Developer
- Posts: 759
- Joined: 24 Jul 2005 05:07
- Location: Canberra, Australia
I'm just going to throw my 2c in and say that they look grand, but the fences are overwhelming and I can't really make out that they are actually cattle.
I'd still use then and then they're fantastic... I just think you should maybe tone down the fences a shade or two to allow your MOO-ness to stand out.
edit: but on second thoughts, your current fencing is the same as the fencing around the fields... maybe it's just the quantity... maybe enlarging the pens will work...
Now that you've started though, I am requesting two things, can I (or you, doesn't matter) make snowy ground-sprites for the set that will be implemented? And, can I encorporate the new ground sprites into the Canadian Stations Set so that my yard sprites will mesh? On offer are some chain-link fences you can have for the perimeter.
Even if you don't have too many time to collaborate, any helping hand will be appreciated. Even if it's just comments, or advices, it's always good to have someone pointing flaws, or details.
I was thinking about the snow too, if you can help with it, that would be excellent! And yes, you can use the ground sprites for canadian stations
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests