[REL] RailBus & RailTruck

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

[REL] RailBus & RailTruck

Post by natethegreat »

Here is a nearly complete set of buses and trucks. They work. I have seen them in the scenario.
One screenshot is included in the .ZIP.

P.S. The file names are a variation of the original names and will not replace the existing files.

New! I added a text file showing the differences between a tram and a truck or bus. Enjoy.
Attachments
TramBus Pack.zip
(795.83 KiB) Downloaded 2109 times
ROAD to TRAMTRACK.txt
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 1638 times
Last edited by natethegreat on 15 Aug 2005 13:53, edited 4 times in total.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natethegreat »

I am also going to try to mod copies of the road terminals to work on tramtrack. Stay tuned.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Here's a crazy idea:

This could solve our road vehicle woes. How? With diamond/bus lanes. Instead of it looking like a tram track, we make a modded tram track which looks like the green bus lanes/grey diamond lanes seen in the UK and North America respectively, so that our road vehicles will now follow a specific route.

So, basically, you lay a bus lane down like tram track over an existing road, except, the bus or truck can't go off that road. This simultaneously stops them getting lost, removes the problem of the overtaking logic, and ensures no traffic jams when queuing for a depot.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Great, this idea.
If you or someone else could make an almost invisible tramtrack, then problems are solved.
No more overtaking actions and trucks aren't lost anymore. :P
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Loewe13
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Loewe13 »

when you look in the wiki, there is a parameter for overtaking allowed or not allowed! so a little change COULD be a solution for the overtaking problem, but as in the wiki said, it could be that it has no effect on the vehicles (look under tracks)
natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natethegreat »

metalangel wrote:Here's a crazy idea:

This could solve our road vehicle woes. How? With diamond/bus lanes. Instead of it looking like a tram track, we make a modded tram track which looks like the green bus lanes/grey diamond lanes seen in the UK and North America respectively, so that our road vehicles will now follow a specific route.

So, basically, you lay a bus lane down like tram track over an existing road, except, the bus or truck can't go off that road. This simultaneously stops them getting lost, removes the problem of the overtaking logic, and ensures no traffic jams when queuing for a depot.
I think it could be done by taking the .XML file from roadtram.dat, and one of the .PNGs from a road, and compiling them together. With careful editingof the .XML, it might work.

P.S. See my updated first post.
Last edited by natethegreat on 10 Aug 2005 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
President
President

Post by WWW »

:evil: you beat me to it :evil: I was planning to do this...
[/ontopic]
Oh and yes i am back from france!
Bonjour TT-forums!
natethegreat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natethegreat »

See my updated first post.

P.S. I cannot get the terminal stations to go on tram track. I don't know why. I will keep trying,
Geert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Geert »

Are there any screens of it?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”