The Netherlands Scenario

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

did anyone ever use the "owners" color on the minimap? there's some weird stuff going on there.
StavrosG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by StavrosG »

you can use dbset[xl].grf to have vehicles prior to 1939. ;-)
If ain't broken, don't fix it. | JabberID: stavrosg@jabber.org

Hello, I am a signature virus. Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

or edit the scenario and forward time a bit.
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

Thalass T'Kynn wrote:Uh, this is probably a really stupid question. And I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it. But in the scenario you start at 1920, and there's no vehicles. I'm sure I saw something the other day about bringing vehicles back a bit so you can actually play at this year, but I can't find it.

Help? *puppyeyes*
well might I suggest the dbset? it has trains that start right in 1921 for example :)

It's all a mather of sets ;)
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

Dextro wrote:
Thalass T'Kynn wrote:Uh, this is probably a really stupid question. And I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it. But in the scenario you start at 1920, and there's no vehicles. I'm sure I saw something the other day about bringing vehicles back a bit so you can actually play at this year, but I can't find it.

Help? *puppyeyes*
well might I suggest the dbset? it has trains that start right in 1921 for example :)

It's all a mather of sets ;)
Tried that, but the problem is: DBset introduces a steam engine in 1921 alright -- but no waggons. :/
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

there's a steam engine and 2 wagons in 1921...

it can take a few months longer if you're very unlucky.
but the easiest way is to forward the scenario one year in the editor, and then start the game, you'll have the engine and wagons garantueed
Vidar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vidar »

Korenn wrote:did anyone ever use the "owners" color on the minimap? there's some weird stuff going on there.
Yup, the land originally was owned by someone, the moment I discovered it, I bulldozed large area's, but not all of it. You can encounter some difficulties with it when you try to plant trees. This 'bug' is removed in new versions of pngmap patch. In all other cases, you can just build over it and the land becomes yours.
Thalass T'Kynn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thalass T'Kynn »

Ah. DBset! *lookies*

I put it in fast forward mode and forgot about it for about ten years. I think I waited 'till '37 before I remembered, and had most of the vehicles.
00nix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 00nix »

Brilliant!!! :bow:

Time to make my home town a really big city; Uithuizen rules (not!)

Compliments to those who made my favorite game playable now and into the far future. Alltough I could of course blame you for my current lack of any willingness to spend time studying...

Maarten
"Balato ergo sum"
"All statements, remarks, comments and other messages made, implied or otherwise transmitted by me, my alias or any of my alter-ego's, can partially or wholly be based on complete nonsense, and should, if so desired or wished, be completely ignored."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How much effort would it be to make a 512x512 map of the Netherlands... since 1024x1024 is somewhat too heavy for my pc as server. :?:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
shampie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shampie »

Playing this map with Purno's NS set would be fitting right in :) and now to put 18-track-big railstation in it... :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

shampie wrote:Purno's NS set
It's not my set, I'm working with lots of other people to develop this game. They deserve credit too :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
mtcutter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mtcutter »

I agree, very much detail. I will surely try it out.

Good work!!

Mtcutter
Ergophobia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ergophobia »

Hmm... now all I need is a map of the Dutch railroad system and I can start sorting out all those long waiting times :P
00nix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 00nix »

Allthough it's probably trivial and I should not be asking this:

I started this brilliant scenario with the Dutch Trains Set, another piece of brilliantness. However only 4 locks (NS1300, Mat24, Mat64 and the NS4600) appear during the game.

Should I just don't whine and use TTD Patch i.s.o. Open TTD or is there a way to run this in OTTD.

Maarten
"Balato ergo sum"
"All statements, remarks, comments and other messages made, implied or otherwise transmitted by me, my alias or any of my alter-ego's, can partially or wholly be based on complete nonsense, and should, if so desired or wished, be completely ignored."

Return to “General OpenTTD”