Total fullscreen OTTD?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Total fullscreen OTTD?

Post by MeusH »

Hi. I've listed throught all resolution modes (800x600 is double, delete one) because I wanted to have it fullscreen, not fullscreen windowed mode. I don't want to have windows buttons (minimize, maximize, close) and menu start, just like in classic TT and TTD. Any way to do that?
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

The shortcut is 'f' for me (linux), I dunno how it is in windows, as I haven't used it in ages. try 'f' or maybe ALT+ENTER

Celestar
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Total fullscreen OTTD?

Post by bociusz »

MeusH wrote:Hi. I've listed throught all resolution modes (800x600 is double, delete one) because I wanted to have it fullscreen, not fullscreen windowed mode. I don't want to have windows buttons (minimize, maximize, close) and menu start, just like in classic TT and TTD. Any way to do that?
ALT+ENTER

or in the newest nightly build in the options dialog, you can see a button "fullscreen" under resolution
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Hey, can you explain me what is nightly build and what is the difference between nightly one and standard? I've searched thought documentation, but nothing... :(
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

MeusH wrote:Hey, can you explain me what is nightly build and what is the difference between nightly one and standard? I've searched thought documentation, but nothing... :(
A standard relase is relased once a month with an installer, readme's etc.

A nightly made by an automated package creator, which runs at every evening, and you can have your OpenTTD extremly up to date. You can see the new features and bugfixes at that day, when it had been implemented. It can be downloaded from http://nightly.openttd.org/ just uzip and overwrite to the existing openttd folder. Try it out!

If you are impatient, you can set up an SVN client, and an C++ compiler, that can compile the newest version when you want :) -- but it's not for beginners
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Okay, so I'll download the nightly builds every week. I hope I can keep and play on my previous saves, right?
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

MeusH wrote:Okay, so I'll download the nightly builds every week. I hope I can keep and play on my previous saves, right?
Yes of course
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

the nightly builds is fully automated and might not always work, so don't delete your previous one. Also keeping backups of important savegames could be a nice idea too. The first implementation of saving bigger airports was not compatible with the format used in the next release (the first one was not backward compatible)
This is pretty much standard for nightly builds
gringo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gringo »

There is another, easier way to do this even if there isn't option in game.
Just open openttd.cfg in WordPad, then change fullscreen from false to true. The result may be fullscreen = true.

That's all.

But there is a problem with refresh rate, which is automatically changed to 60Hz. You can download DirectX control panel (it doesn't work with my computer, so I changed it in nVidia control panel and I think it works.)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

openttd.cfg is not meant to be edited by hand. Of cause it is possible, but if you let OTTD do it, the risk of a bad cfg file is reduced

If your monitor switches to 60 Hz, it is the cause of DirectX and you will likely see it in other games too. It is NOT a bug in OTTD
mdhowe
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by mdhowe »

Speaking of fullscreen, is it possible to get a maximise button? I don't like playing in real fullscreen so I have to drag the window out to the size I want.
"Set fashion, not follow. Spit vitriol, not swallow" - Marilyn Manson
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

How about auto-pause when minimized?
Henkie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Henkie »

Only as a option. I use minimize as akind of fast forward(system P2-250). The normal fast forward has no effect.
Houdoe

Henkie

P.S. I like playing with trains.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Oh yeah, you're right. I think most things should be selectable as option.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

mdhowe wrote:Speaking of fullscreen, is it possible to get a maximise button? I don't like playing in real fullscreen so I have to drag the window out to the size I want.
There is one there already! Or try double-clicking the titlebar.
WJP
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WJP »

Bjarni wrote:If your monitor switches to 60 Hz, it is the cause of DirectX and you will likely see it in other games too. It is NOT a bug in OTTD
you can set your refresh rate to 85Hz in the config file :)

under

[win32]
display_hz = 85
Aliens Ate My Railway
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

mdhowe wrote:Speaking of fullscreen, is it possible to get a maximise button? I don't like playing in real fullscreen so I have to drag the window out to the size I want.
You're using Linux, right? This is a problem with the window manager. KDE e.g. surpresses the maximize button because it thinks for some reason that maximizing is not possible. I haven't figured it out yet, but I do have the same problem. Other Linux users have reported that they do have a maximiize button.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

WJP wrote:
Bjarni wrote:If your monitor switches to 60 Hz, it is the cause of DirectX and you will likely see it in other games too. It is NOT a bug in OTTD
you can set your refresh rate to 85Hz in the config file :)

under

[win32]
display_hz = 85
He knows, but that don't work if DirectX don't do what it's supposed to.
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”