Stations

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Stations

Post by Marco »

It isn't possible demolish a house, I think. It's possible to build a railway station outside the city and connect it to the centre with buses?
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What exactly do you mean?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

I didn't manage to build combined (train and bus) stations. Now yes...I will try also to build underground stations, but I don't know if it is possible.

(houses can't be demolished...)
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
pepecito
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Stations

Post by pepecito »

Marco wrote:It isn't possible demolish a house, I think.
If you get TTT patch 1.1 then you will be allowed to demolish houses. :wink:
Marco wrote:It's possible to build a railway station outside the city and connect it to the centre with buses?
Yes it is possible... maybe a more expansive route but it should work. The problem is that passengers transportation may be not very lucrative :( perhaps you can loose money! :x
Such a connection suits better to goods transportation :wink:
Marco wrote:...I will try also to build underground stations, but I don't know if it is possible.
Unfortunately it is not possible! :cry:
:: Home Page ::
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

to build combined stations, just place them near each other.
beware, TTT patch 1.1 disables the allowing of external files, the ones Peter made which got rid of several bugs.

if you speak german check out the missing features page at http://www.3dtt.de
randknu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by randknu »

Marco wrote:
...I will try also to build underground stations, but I don't know if it is possible.

Unfortunately it is not possible!
I do it all the time, well it's not a true underground station, just exploiting one of the many bugs in the game. I can build a station in the centre of a city an just use shift to lower the station under the city. When you build it it will move the land down to your station and you can connect to it using tunnels.

Passengers can be very lucrative indeed if you play with comlex economy system. as in real life, the passengers choose where to go and take the appropriate train, this works quite well i think.
-Knut
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

So, this is what we are talking about all the time............VERY GOOD game even in beta stages.
BTW, I do use the same exploit, the raised platform works very well also.
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

I really wish Peter would give us an update soon. :\

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”