Larger Capacity Goods Wagon

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

LazzaH
Engineer
Engineer

Larger Capacity Goods Wagon

Post by LazzaH »

Hi all,

One thing that has puzzled me about LoMo is that, unlike all of the other goods rolling stock, there is no larger capacity Goods Wagon available later in the game.

Could one of the modders have a go at producing one, please? In TTDPatch there were several variations, which looked rather good.

Many thanks,

L
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

The Boxcar carries 25 crates of goods/food/grapes and can go up to 75 mph. Methinks the engineers hit the capacity limit earlier for that than for the rest of the carriages.

Edit: confused boxcar and stockcar...d'oh.
Last edited by DarkMatter on 15 Oct 2004 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
- Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It definitely needs doing, yes. :?
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

You could easily 'stretch' the latest current goods car, much like the the two hopper wagons, one of them is the early, small version and the other is a stretched, newer version with more capacity
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Beh, the stockcar is really what needs a new replacement. It holds just 15 head of cattle and has a speed limit of 50 mph, which it totally bunk.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
ericp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ericp »

You are asking for larger capacity units?
Why not use the tools provided by some members here and increase the capacity of the wagon/truck you want. I am not a coder but they seem to be able to go up to 250 in capacity and you can also get a unit to carry other wares as well.

Or is there a hitch I have not come across in doing this? I have only put mail on the tram so far, not having much time to experiment lately.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Aye, I'd be quite easy to dupe an existing model to serve as a template for a new vehicle, but increasing the capacity would (realistically) increase the size of said vehicle. And for that, new graphics would be required. And not everyone is artistically inclined. ;)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”