Road/Rail Collisions

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Road/Rail Collisions

Post by jules »

Do road vehicles no longer get destroyed by trains, as i cant get them to, parked on the junction, moving over the junction or anything, trains just pass through.

Also if a road vehicle is set to stop, then breaksdown it will start moving..
There is no ?
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Nope, no train/truck collisions in Loco.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

on another forum, I wrote:I've experimented a bit and I don't think you can have crashes. I sent two trams filled with refugees (possible exaggeration) at each other head on, and they stopped. I tried to park a doubledecker bus filled with orphans (possible exaggeration) on a grade crossing and it would only stop before or after the crossing. I parked it just pass the cross and sent a minibus filled with nuns (okay, you get the idea) along and hoped it would stop directly behind the doubledecker (ie: on the tracks) but it stopped before too. I didn't get around to trying to send the train along as the bus accelerates from a stop across the tracks (the train would be carrying murderers and single mothers, if you were wondering)

EDIT: Okay, I tried. The gates raise even if you stop the train right by the crossing, so I plonked the EMU-2 (cos it accelerates fast) and the crappy bus with the nuns (cos it accelerates slowly) and sent the bus going then quickly started the train... and the train passed THROUGH the bus and nothing happened. But then the train stopped and the murderers went after the nuns while the single mothers popped into the Asda's across the road and smacked their kids round a bit, so it's all good.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

lol nice one, at least the murderes were happy
There is no ?
Mystic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Road/Rail Collisions

Post by Mystic »

jules wrote:Do road vehicles no longer get destroyed by trains, as i cant get them to, parked on the junction, moving over the junction or anything, trains just pass through.

Also if a road vehicle is set to stop, then breaksdown it will start moving..
Here I posted this thread about a week ago with my findings on this with a screen shot:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=10593
Chod
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chod »

That is really sad, as much as it got annoying every now and then when a bus died it sure was fun to take out the AIs buses.
Archange1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Archange1 »

as fun as that is (taking out the AI's buses), you were better of leaving them on a 1x1 road, forever going round and round in circles as the owner incurred running costs >:)
tokama
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tokama »

Archange1 wrote:as fun as that is (taking out the AI's buses), you were better of leaving them on a 1x1 road, forever going round and round in circles as the owner incurred running costs >:)
just place a piece of railroad and a empty freight on it...

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”