Official OpenTTD.com webpage wanted

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

wiggo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wiggo »

GoneWacko:
the thing is that we need interested people with experience before we can have a meeting.. thats why I started this thread
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

There is no need to waste development time on a website thanks. These forums+irc and such sounds like a good plan. I would tend to think a website is something you can think about down the road a fair bit.
wiggo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wiggo »

jixor:
Yes there is need for a webpage, OpenTTD has been in development for a long time and is 99.5% very good playable. Why shouldn't such a project have a webpage?

Most other projects launch thier webpage before any of the code has been programmed, that's kinda silly. But here we have a nearly finished project so it's not a waste of time to make a webpage. The only different with this project and other projects is that OpenTTD was annouced when the project was almost complete, and most other projects are announced even before anything of the project has been made.

Now is the time to improve OpenTTD and add new features, but the projects main goal to make a clone of TTD is kinda finished.

And why shouldn't a complete project have a webpage, can anyone tell me that?

There is need for one, maybe not for you jixor but for all other guys and girls out there that doesn't know that OpenTTD exist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We have the domains and the server for the project, we just need someone with good design skills that can make a decent page.

MadEgg is interested to make the html and scripts, but we need a designer too.

So, feel free to post here if you are interested
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

I think my intent was very clear but obviuosly some people dont get a joke. I was saying that the game is looking awsome and I can't wait so I didn't want anything to slow down development.
Wuntvor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wuntvor »

Well, the people working on the website mostly wouldn't be the one doing the coding work, so I don't think that is an issue.. Although some of their time is needed as well, it should work without too many problems. Maybe it'd help shape things a bit, right now it all seems rather chaotic.
wiggo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wiggo »

jixor:
rofl, yeah sure ;)
jixor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jixor »

Mabye you think your really smart but what happened here is you just jumped strait into attack mode without even considering what I had written. If your looking to score some points by being a total arsehole hopefully this isnt the place to do it.

Now in all seriousness I was thinking that it would be good to have fairly detailed information on the site, such as discussing source, plans, etc. to encourage more developers to join in.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I only know one thing, and that is that I totally agree with jixor.

Now stop bitchfighting or you will never again be taken seriously. Believe me, I've seen it happen before on this forum
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
RaggieSoft
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD Web Site

Post by RaggieSoft »

I think it'd be a great idea. True, everyone working on something for OpenTTD should have a meeting.

My ISP only allows a 300mb bandwidth per month, so I'd gladly be part of an OpenTTD Web Site.
RaggieSoft - maker of the OpenTTD Installer (up to version 0.1.4 / Release 6)
wiggo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wiggo »

jixor:
no offense against you, but many people just don't seem to think that a webpage is needed. This thread is not about if a webpage is needed or not, it's a thread where we are looking for people.

And if I would try to score arsehole-point I wouldn't have written a ;) in my latest post. If it was a joke then no big deal, nothing to argue about, but I still don't understand the joke ;)

Return to “General OpenTTD”