Passangers

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
SergeS
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Passangers

Post by SergeS »

I dont know why - but anyone passanger dont go anywhere :(
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

I'm not sure how to help you.

I did extensive test with passenger networks during the last three weeks and it worked very well for me.
SergeS
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SergeS »

I dont know how to see where passangers need to go - each time i try build line - they dont go
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

If you open the city info window of the city where the station is located, you can see where people from this city want to go. Each wanted destination is drawn as a yellow dot into the small world map if the passenger could get there, and as oprange dot if the passenger could not get there.

Below I quote an older message about the same topic. Maybe it helps:

>>>I arrange some bus-stations all over the city, but there
>>>are no passengers willing to travel to factories or plants
>>>or other destinations. I have a lot of people without any
>>>destination, but usually at most one or two using my busses.

>>Most passengers usually wnat to travel inside the city, or to
>>other cities.

>Why then do plants have demand of workers?

To offer more options. The workers indeed want to travel to thier workplace and home again. Just in Simutrans their number isn't high enough to ensure good income for you.

You should try intercity traffic first, and then later on connect the factories, too. This will work better than the other way round.

>>Usually the best way to start passgener transport is to
>>create a railway backbone, conection some cities, and use
>>busses to service the inner cities - make sure the busses
>>stop at the railway station so that passenegrs can move from
>>bus to railway and back.

>But railway is very expensive, until now I have built only
>roads. Does railway create more traffic? And do railway
>passengers pay more - does railway traffic earn higher reveneus?

The important fact is to have a intercity connection. You should connect as many cities as possible. IMO railway is the easiest way to do this.

You can use roads and busses, too, but you'll soon discover that the capacity is too low.

Railway will not create more traffic. Railway passengers do not pay more ... they do, if you train is fast. But they pay equall amounts for equally fast transport, regardless if road or rail.

Passenger generation work so, that inhabitants of citeis choose a destination (workplace, other city, tourist attraction) and try to go there. Thgis means to get high passenger numbers you

a) need a lot of high level buiuldings near your stations

b) offer a lot of different destinations - if a sim can't travel to his chosen destination, he won't use your service. You have to service their needs, otherwise noone uses your vehicles.

>>It is important to build networks. The more reachable
>>destination you offer from one station, the more passengers
>>will use your service.

>I believe to understand that every plant is a possible
>destination

Every square of a city can be a destination for a passenger. Tourist attractions and factzories, too. But first care about the ciyt areas.

>- but it is very exhausting to force people into my
>busses ;-)

You can't fiorce them. If you don't offer transport to their favored destination, they won't use your bus. They have a strong options where they won't to go. If you offer the wrong directions, the people won't use your service.

>And how about touristic sensations such as castles? When will
>they become interesting for passengers?

It depends. Usually some people want to travel there, but if the attractions are outside cities, probaly less tourist than expected will want to go there. Tourist attractions inside cities are strong passenger generators and also much-liked destinations.

Return to “Simutrans”