[GS] Renewed Village Growth 10.0 (RVG)

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

How would you rate this game script?

5★ Lev4 'Chimaera'
84%
4★ "AsiaStar"
9%
3★ Floss "47"
6%
2★ Ploddyphut Choo-Choo
No votes
1★ Kirby Paul Tank
No votes

Total votes: 32

Church_On_A_Hill
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 10.0 (RVG)

Post by Church_On_A_Hill »

Hi,

I may be misunderstanding how the script works, but I'm having an issue where I am fulfilling the Public Services Category, but the town is not growing because it says I am not transporting enough passengers or mail out of the town. I can't find anything in the readme about having to transport a certain amount of both of those two goods out of town for it to grow, only that some amount of passengers need to be transported every month for it to show the cargo categories. Is there a reason for this issue or a way to change this? If not, is there at least a way to see how much of each of the two goods need to be transported in order for the city to grow? Screenshot attached.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-24 141450.png
Screenshot 2024-05-24 141450.png (140.47 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

Church_On_A_Hill wrote: 24 May 2024 18:21 I may be misunderstanding how the script works, but I'm having an issue where I am fulfilling the Public Services Category, but the town is not growing because it says I am not transporting enough passengers or mail out of the town. I can't find anything in the readme about having to transport a certain amount of both of those two goods out of town for it to grow, only that some amount of passengers need to be transported every month for it to show the cargo categories. Is there a reason for this issue or a way to change this? If not, is there at least a way to see how much of each of the two goods need to be transported in order for the city to grow? Screenshot attached.
It is a growth limiter, which stops the growth completely if the combined percentage of pax&mail generated by the town are not transported. You are transporting 1688/3600 pax and 585/1500 mail. You need to improve mail transport.

You can change it by these parameter:

Limit growth settings:
- "Minimum Percentage of transported cargo from town": how much of the
cargo generated by the town that month must be transported
- "Minimum size of town before the limit rules kicks in": at what
population of the town the growth limitation will start
- "Stop growth after set amount of months": keep growing for the amount
of months after limiter stops the growth
bigyihsuan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bigyihsuan »

I made a merge request for the new FIRS 5 beta: https://github.com/F1rrel/RenewedVillageGrowth/pull/145

I was unable to use the old FIRS4 non-Steeltown economies because FIRS 5 changed the internal ordering of its cargos, making it a big pain to reorder and renumber each economy even though they were the same between versions.

The new Steeltown economy I based roughly on FIRS4 Steeltown settings, with some cargos being placed to allow for a more even distribution between cargo classes.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

bigyihsuan wrote: 11 Jun 2024 14:22 I made a merge request for the new FIRS 5 beta: https://github.com/F1rrel/RenewedVillageGrowth/pull/145

I was unable to use the old FIRS4 non-Steeltown economies because FIRS 5 changed the internal ordering of its cargos, making it a big pain to reorder and renumber each economy even though they were the same between versions.

The new Steeltown economy I based roughly on FIRS4 Steeltown settings, with some cargos being placed to allow for a more even distribution between cargo classes.
Perfect, I will check it out and give you feedback in the PR. Thank you for the hard work!

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”