The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by YNM »

Good to see the forums still alive and well ! Even more so the game XD
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I just upgraded my computer. I've had the same setup now for 5-6 years and it was getting a bit old. I just bought new RAM, taking me from 16GB (2x8) to 64GB (2x32). Should make for a smoother experience playing those heavier games like late stage Europa Universalis IV, which needs to perform a lot of calculations.

It clocks in at 2133 MHz but the box says 3600 MHz, so I guess I have to go read up on how to get that set up properly.

Also, my BIOS does not show when booting up my computer because the screen only kicks in when it gets to the Profile/Login on Windows. It started acting like this when I upgraded to a monitor that required a Display Port cable instead of HDMI, so that's probably a thing too.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 16 Apr 2024 18:54 It clocks in at 2133 MHz but the box says 3600 MHz, so I guess I have to go read up on how to get that set up properly.
Often the speed on the box is not the normal speed, but the XMP (EXPO on some AMD boards) speed. Which is rather annoying and borderline misleading. You might need to enable that on the motherboard BIOS.

I'm not sure how to get around the monitor not getting a signal until later on. If your motherboard has a video output, you could try connecting to that for the boot & bios parts, unless the HDMI port is on that anyway, in which case... oof.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yeah, I think getting the DP to display the BIOS is step one before I start messing with the actual speed of it.

My workaround for a year or so has been to crawl down under my desk, remove the DP cable, plug in an HDMI cable, and boot up with that. Then, perform whatever I need in the BIOS before then re-plugging the DP cable. :mrgreen: HDMI does not provide a high enough resolution.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

I'm Reading A New Star Trek Novel!

Post by CTarana45 »

I'm Reading A New Star Trek Novel! :lol: About the Eugenics War! KKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnhhhhhhh!

Christopher Tarana

I finished the novel at 1:o6 AM!
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I'm going to a concert, in Utrecht.

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets.

I like it, know what to exoect, since I own the blu-ray of such concert in The Roundhouse, London.
I want to see and hear it with my own perspective.

Greetingz,
R.Bos
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Oh, I am very excited about who has today been announced as a guest at Comic-Con Scotland this year (I already bought tickets a while ago). I may have to change my avatar come October… :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”