John Franklin’s GRF Kingdom

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: John Franklin’s GRF Kingdom

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Argus wrote: 30 Nov 2023 15:01 Are they also better ranked? The original version has a rather chaotic order of cars, some previously developed ones are below the modern ones and so on.
YES. I sorted them, although I don’t know if the sorting was proper.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

It doesn't really matter, based on how it is in the original set, you couldn't make it worse :)
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

xUSSR Rails Europa Redux 0.1.7: on BaNaNaS and GitHub. Mainly bugfixes.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
loyle19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by loyle19 »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 20 Aug 2023 05:58 Here are the sources of Finnish Trainset Fix and Finnish Trams Fix, as I have uploaded them on BaNaNaS.

WSL or Linux needed to build them.
Hi there. Thank you very much for these uploads - I'm really enjoying the Finnish Trams set. I have noticed one small bug in the set, involving the MLRV 1 "Vario" tram. There's a small sprite alignment issue with the last articulated part when it is travelling upwards (it appears to be fine in all the other directions, and all the other trams seem to work perfectly). If I can get it to work, there should be an image below!

JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

loyle19 wrote: 25 Feb 2024 19:30 Hi there. Thank you very much for these uploads - I'm really enjoying the Finnish Trams set. I have noticed one small bug in the set, involving the MLRV 1 "Vario" tram. There's a small sprite alignment issue with the last articulated part when it is travelling upwards (it appears to be fine in all the other directions, and all the other trams seem to work perfectly). If I can get it to work, there should be an image below!
Finnish Trams Fix 0.2 Available on BaNaNaS

What's New?

Code: Select all

0.2 (26/2/2024)
-----------------
Adjust loading speeds
Make trams still reliable enough 25-30 years after disappearing from purchase list
Fix sprite misalignment of MLRV I
All trams except Horse need electrified tram track
Source on GitHub
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
loyle19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by loyle19 »

Awesome, I was not expecting to see a fix for this the very next day! Thank you very much.
javelinnl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javelinnl »

Hey, it's -apparently- been several years since I last checked out this place, but thanks for "adopting" the Dutch road NewGRF! It's actually a pretty big honor to see somebody actually cared about what I made!

I have two questions:

I guess you copied the GitHub repo... did I ever update the tileset to fix some visual issues?

I remember drawing them... I don't remember if I actually uploaded them. I made this for my dad and after he got hospitalized.. I kinda lost interest I guess.

Also, I think I saw something about making Velo compatible with Drop somewhere? But.. it's a superset right? Did I not port something over?
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

javelinnl wrote: 09 Mar 2024 21:47 It's actually a pretty big honor to see somebody actually cared about what I made!
Your work has even inspired people (me :oops: ) to work on using tramtypes as eyecandy overlays for roads.
One released thing is a completely invisible tramtype that you can use for "special" vehicles:
viewtopic.php?t=90801
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
javelinnl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javelinnl »

That's a really cool idea. I get why there's a compatibility patch between Drop and Velo, I forgot how it originally was a tram track. I vaguely remember now.
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

javelinnl wrote: 09 Mar 2024 21:47 Hey, it's -apparently- been several years since I last checked out this place, but thanks for "adopting" the Dutch road NewGRF! It's actually a pretty big honor to see somebody actually cared about what I made!

I have two questions:

I guess you copied the GitHub repo... did I ever update the tileset to fix some visual issues?

I remember drawing them... I don't remember if I actually uploaded them. I made this for my dad and after he got hospitalized.. I kinda lost interest I guess.

Also, I think I saw something about making Velo compatible with Drop somewhere? But.. it's a superset right? Did I not port something over?
That GRF was forked one year ago. At that time I was a noob and I could only do some forks and fixes. Pretty of those are considered "junk" now.
Thank you for accepting my trials and errors. Although I think the fork of DROP is somehow "useful" with custom speed limits.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生

Return to “Graphics Development”