Wrong scale of OpenTTD screenshots

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

odisseus
Director
Director

Wrong scale of OpenTTD screenshots

Post by odisseus »

Why are all the screenshots displayed at 1.5x scale? This makes the game's neat pixel art look rather blurry.

It doesn't matter if the screenshot was uploaded by me or somebody else, or if it was made from within the game or by an external program. The format doesn't make any difference either — both PNG, GIF, and JPEG files are affected.

Here's how it looks on my screen. By examining the grid lines, it can be seen that the two tiles on the uploaded screenshot are as tall as three tiles on the actual game window.
Looks like this very screenshot has also been scaled upwards, so the left part looks 2x scaled on my screen.
Looks like this very screenshot has also been scaled upwards, so the left part looks 2x scaled on my screen.
wrong-scale.png (316.42 KiB) Viewed 6843 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Wrong scale of OpenTTD screenshots

Post by jfs »

You probably have Windows set up for 150% display scaling, which will make your browser behave as if you were using 150% zoom when you choose 100% zoom.

I don't think there is a way for a website to request that a picture is displayed at 1:1 pixels regardless of zoom setting, unfortunately.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Yes, this turns out to be the case. Unfortunately, setting the scale factor to 100% is not an option for me.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, if you have your browser zoomed in then photos will be zoomed in.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Your best bet might be to use a browser extension to override image sizes on TT-Forums, it's perhaps doable with just one that lets you add custom CSS to pages.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”