Jez's patch pack (based on YAPP)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Jez's patch pack (based on YAPP)

Post by jez »

I've created a new patch pack with some of my preferred OpenTTD patches, as well as a few extra features and fixes from yours truly. You can download it as an attachment on this post. Yeah, it's based on an old version of OpenTTD but it basically works fine for 1 player play and the (crucial) clipboard patch wasn't properly maintained much beyond this point in the codebase. Note that the build attached is for win32; I don't build for other platforms. To build for another platform yourself, you'll need to unzip the git repo (see the attached .001 and .002 zip files - you'll need to remove the .zip extension after downloading), and build from the source.

UPDATES:
- Version 6.3: Fixed crashing bug during subsidy generation if there are no industries on map.
- Version 6.4: Fixed 'shared orders' button being enabled sometimes when it shouldn't be.
- Version 6.5: Updated some performance requirements to be a bit more realistic.
- Version 6.6: Fixed crash bug changing button state for competitor vehicles.

The readme is as follows:
This is Jez's build of OpenTTD which adds some fixes and small changes on top of "Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD", itself a patch pack which adds a bunch of patches to OpenTTD 1.3.2.
After first run, you might want to copy 'good-openttd.cfg' over to the OpenTTD user directory, delete the exiting 'openttd.cfg', and rename it to 'openttd.cfg' to get some good defaults.

For the YAPP patch pack thread, see: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=65525

Additions/changes in Jez's build:
- Various bugfixes
- Allowed sending money to other companies in single-player mode
- Persist clipboard data between games/title screen
^ Allows you to copy your designs, paste them in another savegame dedicated to storing your designs, then copy them over from that savegame later.
- Company takeovers result in bought company's assets being scrapped instead of transferred to player
^ You almost never want the AI's badly-built infrastructure when buying them out, just to get them out of the way.
- On buyout, shares aren't sold for a non-zero value
^ The game was selling your shares when you bought a company out, giving you your money back and making a company buyout almost free! Now, if you
buy out a £1 million company, you lose £1 million.
- Companies cannot be bought if doing so (taking on their loan) would put your loan over the maximum loan.
- Disabled naming stations (confusingly) after a nearby industry.
^ A station will often be called something like '[town] Power Station' even if it's near other industries. When you then send trains to the station,
you're sending eg. a livestock train to 'the Power Station'. This patch makes it use other station names, like 'annex' or 'sidings' or whatever.
Much better.
- Sound FX muted on title screen
- If set to build block signals by default and cycle through path signals, the game will now cycle between basic block signals and path signals, just
avoiding pre-signals (which is probably what you want if you're working with path signals).
- When autoreplacing wagons, wagon rail type is now displayed (needed when using Universal Rail Type NewGRF, which cause all rail type wagons to appear)
- Added an 'original DOS music' OBM for a modified version of the GM music files I created, ripped from the original DOS version.
- Music playback system extended to allow a set of WAV files to play for the jukebox instead of MIDIs!
The WAV filenames that will be played are defined in 'baseset\wav_tracks.obm' and should be put in the 'gm' directory for the game to detect them. The
default names are the same as the Windows MIDI names, but with the extension changed to .wav, so for example GM_TT00.WAV is the theme tune.
This change involved the removal of the default non-DirectX Windows music driver, as the DirectX driver was needed to be able to properly play the WAV
data and detect when it was finished playing, so music now only works with DirectX. However, you can add whichever custom music tracks you like to
correspond with each jukebox song! :-) Just put the WAV files into the 'gm' dir, select 'wav_tracks' from the music section of the game options
screen, and it'll play WAV jukebox music.

I strongly recommend that before you start any OpenTTD new game, you download the Universal Rail Type NewGRF. When the time comes to upgrade to
monorail or maglev, you can convert all the depots to universal rail depots, send all the trains there, and have them autoreplaced to the new track
type, making upgrading a train network to a new track type *MUCH* easier. This NewGRF must be enabled before the game starts though, or it will not
be available in that game.

Also, it might be a good idea to play with the "Neighbours are important" game script installed & enabled. This limits crazy town growth and makes
huge passenger numbers harder.
Attachments
git-openttd-1.3.2-YAPP-Release-JEZ6.2.zip.001.zip
(20 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
git-openttd-1.3.2-YAPP-Release-JEZ6.2.zip.002.zip
(17.8 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
openttd-1.3.2-YAPP-Release-JEZ6.6.zip
(15.67 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Last edited by jez on 05 May 2023 16:16, edited 8 times in total.
=== Jez ===
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Jez's patch pack (based on YAPP)

Post by gazzari »

Looks like no one else has shown interest. Thanks a lot for this release Jez. I will be giving this a go.
I have come back again to playing ottd. After playing both android versions for the last few months I have gone back to playing the Spring 2013 Patch Pack. It just trumps all others by far.
gazzari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzari »

Over 100 downloads. Some like your work.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

I really like that feature: "Company takeovers result in bought company's assets being scrapped instead of transferred to player"
Does anyone know if JGRPP have this one ?
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override

Return to “OpenTTD Development”