Hello everyone, and welcome to the 1.11 title screen competition! This is your opportunity to design and help choose the savegame which plays behind the main menu of OpenTTD; pictured above is ALEXbr's winning entry for last year's 1.10 release.
I am organizing this official competition on the behalf of the OpenTTD development team.
Voting has ended, and the final results are:
- Erato: 14
- Timberwolf: 25
- didac: 20
- Emperor Jake: 45
- Chrnan6710: 75
The rules for the competition are as follows:
- Submission deadline: Sunday, March 14, 2021, at 23:59:00 UTC.
- Voting opens Monday, March 15, 2021.
- Voting closes: Sunday, March 28, 2021, at 23:59:00 UTC.
Voting took place on GitHub.
All entries will be posted to this topic as a savegame. You may change your entry at any time, but only one entry will be accepted by the close of entries. If updating, please post a new entry and either delete the old entry or PM a moderator to have it removed.
Voting is planned to take place on GitHub, with screenshots showing each entry at a variety of screen resolutions. More details to follow.
TITLE SCREEN GUIDELINES
- This will be a first impression of the game for many new players, so create something which you feel summarizes the game. This is usually a busy, exciting scene showing off many modes of transport, but there are no rules about what must be shown.
- A traditional part of these title games is featuring new features of the release. Last year that was multiple docks per station. This year in 1.11, the most visible new feature is that towns can now build road tunnels both under obstructions and through mountains.
- A map size of 256 x 256 is ideal.
- The main menu viewport is set when you save the game, anchored at the top left corner and expanding down and to the right as screen sizes increase. Check out last year’s entries to see how a player’s screen size affects their view of your entry. Please design both for small and large screens to give everybody an interesting view.
- Note that any signs you place will be visible.
- Breakdowns will automatically be disabled. Cheating for money is OK. Unprofitable companies are OK. Building with multiple companies is OK. Building the game in the Scenario Editor is OK.
- Do not use AIs, GameScripts, or NewGRFs. These are automatically disabled.
- The game must be created in a clean, master branch version of OpenTTD or its official binaries. The game cannot be created in custom modified versions of OpenTTD or in popular patch packs such as JGR Patch Pack, LtJoker's Patch Pack, Reddit client, CityMania client, etc.