Suggestions commonly asked for

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CazadorSirenas
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Suggestions commonly asked for

Post by CazadorSirenas »

... Whoa 8o Really, 64 types of and roads rails? Can't even imagine what people would need to do with that many! But thanks for the info.

Anyway, I wish the best of luck to the developers for the new suggestions. I got to read the "Requested features" in the wiki page and saw that at least the infrastructure sharing seems to be at 75%, so I guess there's actual hope for that? Though the page states it's outdated, so I don't really know when was the last time someone checked the stats. I might be completely fooled :P
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

CazadorSirenas wrote: 13 Oct 2020 22:45 ... Whoa 8o Really, 64 types of and roads rails? Can't even imagine what people would need to do with that many! But thanks for the info.

Anyway, I wish the best of luck to the developers for the new suggestions. I got to read the "Requested features" in the wiki page and saw that at least the infrastructure sharing seems to be at 75%, so I guess there's actual hope for that? Though the page states it's outdated, so I don't really know when was the last time someone checked the stats. I might be completely fooled :P
As of right now, there is only one person who is actively maintaining an Infrastructure Sharing patch, which is JGR, and he maintains that pretty much exclusively for use in his own patch pack, and it's tuned to his preferences. Although he does work with OpenTTD developers, as far as I know he has not submitted his version for review or inclusion in OpenTTD. From what he's said, the patch works good enough for his liking and he's happy to keep supporting it in his patch pack.

I'd love to see it included in OpenTTD one day, though. It's been one of my favorite patches.

As for 64 types of rails and roads, that can easily get filled up. For rails, most of them are variants of electrified railways and the various power levels. Some are just purely for looks. There's also a set of maglev rails which replicates the several maglev standards that are out there. There's a couple of different narrow gauge and broad gauge rails. There is also a set that uses rails to replicate pipelines, and another that replicates distribution of electricity and electronic mail, and also functions as advanced railway signaling.

For roads, we have a couple of different sets that have various types of dirt and paved roads, there's a set that has roads which matches tiles from CHIPS and ISR, we've got some electrified road for trolleybuses, electrified and unelectrified rails for trams/streetcars/lightrail, and a set that replicates functional canals like you would see in Venice.
Amak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amak »

Not sure if this is commonly suggested,

Would like a setting (or a cheat) that allows me to 'overwrite' road+tram stations rather than have to demolish and rebuild them in the right direction. That would be very handy to super lazy me who always forgets.

Thanks for reading.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”