Ghost road vehicles

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ghost road vehicles

Post by Hyronymus »

I end up with ghost road vehicles after company takeovers since (at least) alpha 6. I added a screenie to illustrate it. How do I get rid of them, I can't build a depot on the spot.
Also, after selling a train from a subsidiary, trains appear at tiles without there being (or ever have been) a depot. Eventually, they even crash!
Grunt
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Grunt »

Whenever I see this, I just build an extra piece of road past where the vehicles are and tell some of them repeatedly to turn around... it usually gets them unstuck (for me).
Grunt
(aka Stephan Grunt, CEO of Grunt Transport Inc. since 1994.)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ghost road vehicles

Post by Patchman »

Hyronymus wrote:I end up with ghost road vehicles after company takeovers since (at least) alpha 6. I added a screenie to illustrate it. How do I get rid of them, I can't build a depot on the spot.
Also, after selling a train from a subsidiary, trains appear at tiles without there being (or ever have been) a depot. Eventually, they even crash!
I guess there was a traffic jam at the entrance of a bus station, but the AI sold the bus station anyway. So now the road vehicles don't know what to do...

If you can reproduce the bug with the train vehicles, i.e. have a savegame just before it happens, I'd be interested to see if I can reproduce and maybe fix it.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I always fix that by pressing TURNAROUND button (yellow turn arrow) for every vehicle there ... one of them is blocking road and after finding which one rest will move
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'll try to reproduce the trains error, Patchman. I tried my best at the RV's but I can't get the square free to build a piece of road on it. Perhaps see for yourself?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

The train bug sounds like that old "uncoupling bug" that used to send wagons going away from the train, only to smash into something else...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

That would be cool if it could be figured out, and make it not a bug, but a disaster.
sandman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sandman »

have had a similar experience, i was upgrading my rails to mono so i had to delete my train station, just as did it the computer built a truck depo with garage. he then started to build road but i got so angry at it so i took control of the computer and deleted the station :) and at the same time he launched his trucks. somehow they got out without any road infront of them i a managed to remove the garage and i placed a mono station on top. the trucks now sits inside my mono station and cant go anywhere and i cant remove the station because i get a error message stating that there are trucks in the way :(
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Can you just run a train into the station to crash into the truck? KABLOOIE - problem solved.
sandman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sandman »

nope, its like the trucks arent there. the trains go and leave like they should
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

sandman wrote:have had a similar experience, i was upgrading my rails to mono so i had to delete my train station [...]
It's times like these we are glad for cht: tracks 1 or whatever it's called :)). Seriously, that sounds really annoying. Do you still have the game?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Raichase wrote:
sandman wrote:have had a similar experience, i was upgrading my rails to mono so i had to delete my train station [...]
It's times like these we are glad for cht: tracks 1 or whatever it's called :)). Seriously, that sounds really annoying. Do you still have the game?
Cheater!
ManualConvert is the way forward!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I never cheat. Actually, I never use monorail full stop. But this isn't the time or the place (actually I use manual convert to upgrade my "important" lines to electrified railway)
ImageImage
sandman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sandman »

i dont think i still have the save file but i did make a screenshot of it

this was the time when manual convert was still the only option
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Heh, that is pretty crazy. Cheers for the picture :]
ImageImage
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

And the trains don't smash into them? Very odd.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”