[OTTD] Markell1991 Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Markell1991
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Markell1991 Screenshots

Post by Markell1991 »

Maastricht Station, the main hub for the Maastricht Spoorwegen company.
-The DE5 'Dieselfvijf' is a cross-border service to Aachen, stopping at Heerlen along the way. The blue livery is indicative of the Euregio services.
-The Mat '64 is designated as an Oost-Limburg Express, traveling to Venlo via Sittard and Roermond.
-The small DE2 Plan X is a local service to Maastricht West station. There is a bus service as well, but any rail ticket to Maastricht includes free travel on this very small line.
Maastricht Picture.PNG
Maastricht Picture.PNG (426.81 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Heerlen is a minor local station, having services to Maastricht and Aachen only. The two trains here are both going to Aachen; the frontmost train is a nonstop service from Maastricht, whereas the rearmost train is the Euregio mentioned before, and will be stopping here.
Heerlen Picture.PNG
Heerlen Picture.PNG (313.06 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Venlo is the terminus for the Oost-Limburg Express, which, we can see, is waiting for departure at Platform 1.
Venlo Picture.PNG
Venlo Picture.PNG (333.14 KiB) Viewed 415 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Markell1991 Screenshots

Post by SwissFan91 »

Great start!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Markell1991
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Markell1991 »

Maastricht Spoorwegen is no more. Due to the growing emergence of the free market in postwar Europe, the various station owners, locomotive producers and rail infrastructure owners have decided to band together. Creating the Limburgs Spoorwegen is seen as a way for the rail network of the south Netherlands to be protected from acquisition by the West German rail company (definitely not a fancy way to say "I forgot to save, and now have to start from scratch").

Maastricht, again, is the main hub for the company. Services to Venlo, Aachen and Heerlen terminate here. The train from Hasselt to Liege passes through here.
Maastricht Picture Empty.PNG
Maastricht Picture Empty.PNG (308.88 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Aachen, just over the border in Germany, has two large stations. Aachen Hbf serves further on into Germany, whereas Aachen Karl der Grosse is the terminus for the train from Maastricht.
Aachen Picture.PNG
Aachen Picture.PNG (426.83 KiB) Viewed 415 times
A new line into Belgium has been built, connecting Hasselt to Maastricht and then Liege. The frequency of services is low, due to little demand.
Belgium Picture.PNG
Belgium Picture.PNG (237.1 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Markell1991
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Markell1991 »

Sittard, Roermond and Venlo up next. These stations have existed for a while, being the mainstays of the Limburg Spoorwegen network.
Sittard Picture Full.PNG
Sittard Picture Full.PNG (214.79 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Roermond Picture.PNG
Roermond Picture.PNG (231.79 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Venlo Picture Full.PNG
Venlo Picture Full.PNG (208.15 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
There are rumours that the company will expand the line into neighbouring Noord Brabant. However, the towns and cities are quite a distance from existing lines. There exists no locomotive with the speed or reliability to run on such a line as of now.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Good stuff!!! :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bloody hell, welcome aboard!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Markell1991
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Markell1991 »

Thanks for the kind words people. :)

I must issue a disclaimer: I have NEVER used Illustrator in my life, so forgive me if this looks rubbish.
This a 'beta' version of my network map. There are a few lines which I need to add in, but I just wanted to get a basic map up and running.

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I agree with the opinion of all players. A great start to the game. A great scheme of railway network. Well Done, Markell1991. :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

Return to “Screenshots”