Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Should the metro be in the set?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2004 16:34

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 14

malinkb
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Norwegian (NSB) Trainset | Taster released!

Post by malinkb »

Could you make the T1000 work on metro-tracks, please?

If not, could you release the source code, so I can fix it?

Best regards

Malinux
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

Like a year ago since I last looked at this thread.

I have no time nor skill to do this work alone, haven't talked to Nekkid for a while, even tho I talk to him now and then on Facebook, I don't think he will want to put too much time in a set that doesn't have too much interest right now, and when there are no proper drawers available, it is sadly destined to die a slow Death, like a lot of other sets around.

As for making it for metro rails, you can just DL the grf-file and open it With a converter (Google it) and edit the text file yourself. I will not teach you how to, as I can barely get around it myself.
Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4,0GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970, Intel 530 SSD
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Wow, you have actually heard from DJ Nekkid? The way he left the community, some of us were wondering if he was dead.

Considering he hasn't logged into TT-F in nearly three years, yes it appears this project is dead again. However, there's good news! Since DJ Nekkid last worked on this code, NML programming for trains has become the norm, and it offers an easier path to NewGRF development. You may want to take a look at that documentation. There's plenty of developers here who can help you with it as well, and at the very least you should be able to borrow some graphics from 2CC Trains of the World in order to start building, maybe even attract other artist.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

kamnet wrote:Wow, you have actually heard from DJ Nekkid?
I can assure you that he's alive and well.
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

For those who are still using this set, and enjoy seeing some Norwegian material in the game, I have recoded a private addon with the three most important diesel locomotives, especially for passenger traffic: Di3, Di4 and Di6.

The graphics is not very good, I based them all on the EL 16, but used the DSB Class ME from the Danish set as inspiration for the Di3.

I made them for my personal use, so I could actually play a proper game on my Scandinavia map, but I will share it here for you guys to use :) I have added it here before, but it was an NFO version of it, and it does work perfectly, but since I am venturing into NML, I needed to start somewhere, and this was it! :)

If any graphic artist on this page feels for it, please, make my graphics better, I am not good with the pixel stuff, I mostly use Photoshop for larger stuff :D
nsbaddon.png
nsbaddon.png (4.18 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
Here is the original graphics I made for this, originally made by one of the (not sure who) original authors of the NSB set. Since this is dead, I hope they do not mind me doing this, nor coding the whole set over to NML, adding the three diesel locomotives and adding some new liveries to the existing locomotives and carriages as I see fit (all will be true to the IRL NSB material).

As this is my first ever time using NML, this will not be something done in a day, nor in a month. I will not release anything before I am sure everything is a) working, b) legal by the original authors, c) complete. With c) I mean that all the trains from the original set is in there, and sticking to a) and b). Also I want my three locomotives in the set.

After that is done, I will start to consider adding some extra liveries and stuff.

Jim
Attachments
nsbaddon.grf
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

I am aware. I do have it in multiple copies on my desktop here. Should get it up on my Google Drive to be sure it doesn't cease to exist in case of SSD death.

As you notice, my OTTD interest goes up and down, as does all my hobbies and interests. They last for half a year, then die off for the same amount of time. So it is hard keeping focus on stuff.

Also, I have no idea if the original authors mind me doing anything to this stuff.

Return to “Graphics Development”