Moderator: Graphics Moderators
- Posts: 529
- Joined: 03 May 2005 20:50
- Location: Somewhere in a country called Argentina
1. Can you make worker yards spawn/fundable like banks in temperate? That's, replacing houses, but without any population limit. One problem is that banks can't be funded at game creation, would this also apply to WYs if changed?
2. How much heavy should turn YETI if all industries get their animation? Doing that for one increased 153MB, with your new method you said it would halve the size, but still that's like 75MB for each animated industry. That would rise the GRF size to something like 1 Gig, which would not be very accepted. Maybe it's better to leave everything static, with a reasonable 28MB filesize?
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO
Formerly known as UnderBuilder.
nicfer: 1. why? Not much would be different to current state. Atm Worker Yard can be funded, only has to be on an empty tile instead of building tile - but some 30 manhattan tiles away from town center maximum.
2. the HALF was for 3X Machinery factory. Other animations are considerably smaller! Plus, not all industries will be animated (much). The new method means that the less animated, the less size I get.
I attach all 5 examples of current animations, you can clearly see that they are so much smaller than 3X!
(3C doesnt even show the car all the time)
I had a nice collection of worker yards, where the workers were moving to the quarry with a few feeders. Bringing building material nicely explodes the yeti production, the station to the top-right needs a bit more attention, I notcied Stone quarry seems to collect workers: If I do more with the workers yard station at the top-right, the number of workers will probably grow even higher.
Stone gets moved to the stone/tree crusher aka construction yard: No surprises here.
It takes a bit getting used to the continuous production, but I like it. In this short game, it seems to have a nice effect on the train flow, even with 2 platforms you can continuously have a train loading at one platform while the other platform is used for the departing and arriving train.
After there are some bonuses and more motivation to get various industries, it should get a bit harder to get this much stuff so quickly
(by looking at the NML, looks like the Cargo code for Uranium is URAN, so unlikely there is support for that in common sets, which usually support all the "standard" cargo labels, as defined in http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/CargoTypes)
Edit: apparently this isn't the problem. That's still a bug in Pineapple Trains though, so thanks.
If it's only that class, that's going to cause problems with most vehicle sets. It should probably have at least one of the basic cargo classes added too (express, bulk, piece, or liquid).Sylf wrote:YETI source says uranium is cc_hazardous.
When did you add / change that? The language changes are pushed to the repository once a day, around 18h GMT+2aantono wrote:Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
It was yesterday, around 2pm CST (GMT+6).planetmaker wrote:When did you add / change that? The language changes are pushed to the repository once a day, around 18h GMT+2aantono wrote:Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
As far as I know, any original cargoes in each climate aren't disabled in the current version of YETI. So you'll see battery twice in toyland, food twice in arctic and tropical climate, etc.aantono wrote:Just noticed a possible Bug. Looks like Steel is listed as a cargo twice.
The game is running no other GRF but YETI - Using version 1.4.2
Looking at the NML it looks like it is being disabled.Sylf wrote:As far as I know, any original cargoes in each climate aren't disabled in the current version of YETI. So you'll see battery twice in toyland, food twice in arctic and tropical climate, etc.
Code: Select all
disable_item(FEAT_INDUSTRIES); disable_item(FEAT_CARGOS, 0, 29); // don't disable 30, it's used by NARS 2 for regearing and disabling it breaks NARS 2 disable_item(FEAT_CARGOS, 31, 31);