Looks very promising, but I have a few questions:
- No steel for building materials?
- only workers needed for raw material production?
- I wouldn't make food increase % of workers/town population. Just have food limit town population like building materials. (but you need both for a town to grow) Because late game -> big towns -> more workers anyway. Increasing the % aswell will create too much workers, so you would only need building materials.
- how are intermediates handled?
my suggestions (If you don't like it, don't use it
):Raw materials (11), accept machinery, petrol and workers, produces returning workers:
- oil wells + oil rigs -> oil
- iron mine -> iron
- coal mine -> coal
- forest -> logs
- clay pit -> clay
- lime quarry -> lime
- sand quarry -> sand
- gravel quarry -> gravel
- farm -> crops
- orchard -> fruitProcessing factories (8), accept machinery* and workers, produces returning workers:
- refinary: oil -> rubber + petrol + fertilizer
- steel mill: iron + coal -> steel
- machine factory* (name?): steel + rubber -> machinery
machinery is for all industry
petrol is for raw material indystry (oil, iron, coal, logs, clay, lime, gravel, sand, crops and fruit).
fertilizer is for crops and fruit industry
*doesn't accept machinery
- sawmill: logs -> wood
- brickworks: clay + coal -> bricks
- cement factory: lime + sand + gravel -> cement
bricks, cement, wood and steel are building materials
- livestock farm (name?): crops -> livestock + fertilizer
- food factory: crops -> food, livestock -> food, fruit -> food (only 1 of three is needed)
perhaps livestock could be used as machinery too?
fertilizer is for grain and fruit industrySpecials:
- power plant: accepts coal or petrol and workers; produces returning workers
- houses: accept passengers, mail, returning workers and food; produces workers, passengers and mail
- Construciont facility: accepts building materials, machinery, petrol and workers; produces returning workers