Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
So I re-wrote the entire state machine for the International Airport.
I am going to work on the others once I am sure that I have this one 100%.
It is amazingly better at handling the aircraft.
1) Change the angle of approach for the landing runway. and made the planes land one tile in instead of edge of airport.
2) Removed the terminal blocks.
3) Removed the go to end of runway to takeoff.
4) Reversed Gate order.
Only one code change, and that was to restrict hangar to terminal and landing to terminal to be controlled.
OpenTTD splash page uses an International Airport, planes will be a bit confused. (If anyone knows how to change that splash page stuff, let me know.)
The changes are applied to 3 files.
aircraft_cmd.cpp, airport.h, airport_movement.h
While I have been working with version 25493, it should work with newer builds without any issues.
(I like the Daylength patch and that is their latest.)
Start a new game with this... Because the states for this airport are completely different, it will probably crash if you load a saved game.
If you want to try and convert a saved game... Here are the steps:
1) Open game with current patches. Close all International airports. Make sure all planes are in the air or other airports.
2) Apply patch.
3) When you come in, all the planes will be acting wierd around International Airports. Don't do anything with them!!
4) Delete airport and apply a new International Airport. (resets planes orders.)
You could also switch all International airports to other ones, and then switch back after applying patch.
Anyway, let me know what you think. And now that I have this down... maybe we can get some new airports in...
- (25.1 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Bump the savegame version, and add a conversion in AfterLoad() from the old to the new situation.Vetteman06 wrote:OpenTTD splash page uses an International Airport, planes will be a bit confused. (If anyone knows how to change that splash page stuff, let me know.)
Any game loaded goes through this function, and upgrades the game state to your new situation. It also means you can load 'old'games, and continue playing with your patched version.
The current intended direction for airports is to move the statemachine into NewGRF. Together with the graphics (which afaik are already supported by NewGRF), it would allow arbitrarily many[*] (newgrf) airports.Vetteman06 wrote:maybe we can get some new airports in...
[*] Until you run out of NewGRF slots.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests