Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Re: Hungarian Set / Colossal404's projects

Post by jor[D]1 »

Add a parameter, too choose between CC vehicles or normal?
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

That would complicate the coding, I don't want to add any parameters to this set.
So I decided to use the copany coloured cab.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

I think that is a wise thing, many parameters for everything not only complicate it and in case of this one I wouldnt even say it adds anything to the game; the player can pick the colour he desires just like you said, after all.
ImageImageImage
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi guys!

I haven't been posting anything playable there for a long time, so it's time to do that! :)

A friend of mine, SosMakaroni repainted the TW6000 (drawn by me for the tram set, but not released yet) for a few more liveries and code it in a separate grf. This came out pretty good, and we think this should be released, at least for testing. If any bug or glitch is found, please report it there!
Attachments
TW6000.GRF
Düwag TW6000 1.0
(157.04 KiB) Downloaded 2079 times
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Could it be the case that the TW6000 accidentally uses the sound of a truck when you launch it out of a depot? It looks awesome, by the way, I really like it.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Oops, it's a bug, we tested it with muted game, so starting sounds accidentally stay from the original vehicle ID. Will be fixed in a new version.
Thanks for the report and for using the grf! :)
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Have a question about the Ikarus Bus set stats. Is it possible to get a spreadsheet with the stats for the included buses, such as speed, capacity, loading speed (which is very important consideration when deciding which bus to buy for the city route vs long distance). It would be a really added bonus point, if the loading speed would be available from the vehicle menu in-game.

Thanks,
Alex
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

George wrote:
colossal404 wrote:Bug fixed, 2.1 is out now, download from first post or bananas.
We apologize for the problems.
when start a game in tropics, 3 default trucks are available - for grain, wood and valuables
Has the issue of having default trucks been fixed? I'm using OTTD 1.3.0 with HTS 2.1 and I still get those 3 default trucks appear :(
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

The buses also have way too much power, I'd prefer real specs.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

aantono wrote:Have a question about the Ikarus Bus set stats. Is it possible to get a spreadsheet with the stats for the included buses, such as speed, capacity, loading speed (which is very important consideration when deciding which bus to buy for the city route vs long distance). It would be a really added bonus point, if the loading speed would be available from the vehicle menu in-game.

Thanks,
Alex
I'm working on a complete recoding of the set, these issues will be fixed in it, the loading speed and the usage will be show in the buy menu.
file.PNG
file.PNG (19.55 KiB) Viewed 9144 times
aantono wrote: Has the issue of having default trucks been fixed? I'm using OTTD 1.3.0 with HTS 2.1 and I still get those 3 default trucks appear :(
It will be fixed too in the next version.
alluke wrote:The buses also have way too much power, I'd prefer real specs.
They have real power values except the E95 and E99, they needed more power to reach their max speed.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

colossal404 wrote:
aantono wrote:Have a question about the Ikarus Bus set stats. Is it possible to get a spreadsheet with the stats for the included buses, such as speed, capacity, loading speed (which is very important consideration when deciding which bus to buy for the city route vs long distance). It would be a really added bonus point, if the loading speed would be available from the vehicle menu in-game.

Thanks,
Alex
I'm working on a complete recoding of the set, these issues will be fixed in it, the loading speed and the usage will be show in the buy menu.
file.PNG
aantono wrote: Has the issue of having default trucks been fixed? I'm using OTTD 1.3.0 with HTS 2.1 and I still get those 3 default trucks appear :(
It will be fixed too in the next version.
alluke wrote:The buses also have way too much power, I'd prefer real specs.
They have real power values except the E95 and E99, they needed more power to reach their max speed.

Wow, looks great, can't wait to play with it. Any guidance on when then new version might become available, especially the Ikarus set?
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

colossal404 wrote:They have real power values except the E95 and E99, they needed more power to reach their max speed.
E94s have 426 hp, in here they're powered with 230 hp Scania DC9. Do they really have that much more power in Hungary? ?(

I either don't see the sense of buses (especially doubledeckers) going 140 km/h.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

aantono wrote: Wow, looks great, can't wait to play with it. Any guidance on when then new version might become available, especially the Ikarus set?
When it's done :wink:
alluke wrote:
colossal404 wrote:They have real power values except the E95 and E99, they needed more power to reach their max speed.
E94s have 426 hp, in here they're powered with 230 hp Scania DC9. Do they really have that much more power in Hungary? ?(

I either don't see the sense of buses (especially doubledeckers) going 140 km/h.
Hm, really, they are a bit overpowered, there they powered by a 12 litre Mercedes engine, rated 300-370 hp, different per model year.
In the neyt version, real values will be used for everything. So there will be some strange stats, because sometimes a local bus can go as fast as an intercity one, but in real life it just don't have enough time and way to reach it (and of course the city traffic does not allow to go with 100 km/h :wink: )
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Finally all of the buses coded, now need playtesting.
There's a pic showing the full list of the buses, it's a pretty long list!
Attachments
Névtelen.png
Névtelen.png (67.02 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

colossal404 wrote:Finally all of the buses coded, now need playtesting.
it looks confusing to have several different positions with the same name in the purchase window. May be it is possible to have a bit more information in the name? Some modification number or letter.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

colossal404 wrote:SniperDJ: Yes, FIRS will be fully supported, other sets will be supported too with cargo classes, so don't have proper graphics for everything.
Which ECS cargoes are not drawn? May be I can help?
Image Image Image Image
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

you can extract some cargoes from my train wagon sprites in the repository, too. Or the cargoes are being converted onto station tiles, to be found in Files

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/nuts/files

see category CHIPNUTS, eventually just search for the .psd files if some are uncategorized or something

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/nut ... y/show/gfx

search for images which include "hopper" "flatbed" or "tanker"

hope it helps... it requires you to follow gplv2 however but I doubt that is an issue
ImageImageImage
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Looks great!

But...

Are they going to be available in realistic liveries too?
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

George wrote:
it looks confusing to have several different positions with the same name in the purchase window. May be it is possible to have a bit more information in the name? Some modification number or letter.
That's why there's the introduction date is in the name, but I will try to find some more information to show.
George wrote:
colossal404 wrote:SniperDJ: Yes, FIRS will be fully supported, other sets will be supported too with cargo classes, so don't have proper graphics for everything.
Which ECS cargoes are not drawn? May be I can help?
Not the drawings are the problem, I/we have problems with the coding, only the ECS or only the FIRS wouldn't be problem, but we can't figure out the proper way of how to detect the exact cargo which the truck refitted to, and show proper graphics.
alluke wrote:Looks great!

But...

Are they going to be available in realistic liveries too?
Nope, only company colours, too much plus drawing and coding for standard colours.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

I would love to take it for a playtest run, if you want. :D

Return to “Graphics Development”