Transport Tycoon available to play at Gamescom

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
Mainline421
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon available to play at Gamescom

Post by Mainline421 »

Not entirely sure if this is worthy of a thread but it doesn't seem to fit in any other thread very well.
#TransportTycoon is heading to Gamescom! Stop by the UKIE Booth in Hall 4.2 and be the first to get a hands-on demo of the game!
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transport Tycoon available to play at Gamescom

Post by Acela Wolf »

My day was going well, until I saw Transport Tycoon after a pound sign. Hashtaging is pointless desecration of a symbol that already has a use, and is something I will never accept. If you support the re-assigned meaning of the pound sign, do the world a favor and knock it off. :evil:

I don't mean you any offense, I just feel so strongly about this idiotic thing that you're all just going to let happen.

Transport Tycoon 2013 looks fantastic, and I hope to play it on PC soon.
Signatures are overrated.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Acela Wolf wrote:My day was going well, until I saw Transport Tycoon after a pound sign. Hashtaging is pointless desecration of a symbol that already has a use, and is something I will never accept. If you support the re-assigned meaning of the pound sign, do the world a favor and knock it off. :evil:

I don't mean you any offense, I just feel so strongly about this idiotic thing that you're all just going to let happen.

Transport Tycoon 2013 looks fantastic, and I hope to play it on PC soon.
Let me point out that the # symbol had been used for a similar purpose since 1988 on IRC.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Acela Wolf wrote:My day was going well, until I saw Transport Tycoon after a pound sign. Hashtaging is pointless desecration of a symbol that already has a use, and is something I will never accept. If you support the re-assigned meaning of the pound sign, do the world a favor and knock it off. :evil:
My day was going well, until I saw the hash sign referred to as the "pound sign". This is a pound sign: £.

;)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

orudge wrote:My day was going well, until I saw the hash sign referred to as the "pound sign". This is a pound sign: £. ;)
I thought that was the mythical "any" key as in "The poor man in rags went about town asking gentlemen if they had any to spare." :lol:
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

orudge wrote:
My day was going well, until I saw the hash sign referred to as the "pound sign". This is a pound sign: £.

;)
Nonsense! Hence why most of the world calls it poundtagging and not hashtagging!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

£awkward
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acela Wolf »

Hashtagging defined by Urban Dictionary. (definition 2 is more accurate)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hashtag

Everyone but the British call it a pound sign.

(On a British Keyboard, is your currency symbol SHIFT+4?)
Signatures are overrated.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Locked as the only replies were off topic. I have copied the posts about the # symbol to http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68734
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”