Alright, so I have a few questions about cities (and I could imagine that you don't even know the answers to all those weird questions I have already
- Will cities be founded during the active game?
- Will cities grow during the active game?
- Will only the players be able to change something in the city or does the game actually change things in the city as well?
- In Locomotion or OTTD, cities were kind of limited in terms of size. In Loco, for example, a city had a size of, say, 30x30 tiles. Obviously, in P1SIM you're trying to follow more realistic approaches. Does that include the size of a city? If I imagine a huge metropolis as London, it has an area of many square km. It should be sufficient, to have cities of a size of (just to name a dimension) 2kmx2km, so like 400x400 tiles. However, I am aware of the many problems that come with cities that big - again, not seeing everything of the city when fully zoomed out. It would give inner city transport some spice, though. Building subways and urban rail networks could attract users, that wouldn't play the game if those elements were no part of it.
- Regarding the question above - the current maps seem to have a high amount of water, that is not connected (one could call it lakes, I guess
). I think this will tear cities apart. But I believe, the current maps are just for testing purposes, anyways.
- Will cities have a game-regulated politics section, that can deny you to build streets, stations, airports, whatever, kind of like OTTD?
Thank you, and if my questions keep you from developing the game further, don't bother to tell me or not to answer. But I hope, my questions will keep people interested, as they get to know the game a little better already (including myself, of course).